50%-75% Off Select PC Downloads at GameStop: Darkness II, Saints Row, Alice & More

Picked up borderlands for $5.
nhdiahdj
Thanks CheapyD.

I like that SR3 and Rage have been going on sale for 50% off a lot this past month or two. Gives me hope for even greater deals in the future. Just gotta wait it out...

Dang, the Darkness II is so tempting, I'd definetely buy it if I didn't almost beat it when I rented it. Gonna wait until that eventually hits 75% off.

Amazon.com is matching most of these deals right now. With Amazon's customer service and unlimited activation policy (eliminating the issue with some publisher's limiting the number of installs) I would personally purchase these at Amazon over Gamestop unless you have credit to burn or something.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Amazon.com is matching most of these deals right now. With Amazon's customer service and unlimited activation policy (eliminating the issue with some publisher's limiting the number of installs) I would personally purchase these at Amazon over Gamestop unless you have credit to burn or something.[/QUOTE]

Being one with said burnable credit, that's what I thought, but you can't use credit for PC downloads. WTF? Amazon all the way.

anyone use the gamestop downloader/client after stardock left? For the steam games, can you just grab the key and run?

There's a few ok deals in there.... $9 Alice, $40 Skyrim, $5 Borderlands, $15 Rage, etc. There are also some real crummy ones. Why bother putting Crysis 2 on sale for $30? Wasn't that $10 on Amazon *months* ago? It's like they are just hoping that someone uneducated bumbles along and buys it at that price because they don't know any better. I don't like that.

Not trying to TC here - like I said, there are some good deals and overlooked gems. Thanks a ton for posting it Cheapy. I'm just disappointed in Gamestop and their complete inability to keep in touch with today's gamer. I mean, they do one thing, sell video games; it's just one demographic, and it makes itself highly available online. Maybe they should put some money into deep market research instead of side-of-bus ads and extended warranty scams. I don't want to see Gamestop fail, especially after they gobbled up all the other chains (Funco, EB, etc.).

I mean, they don't even put DRM information on the game pages!

[quote name='Sandrock7383']can anyone tell me if these will activate on STEAM? Im thinking about alice and the dead space pack.

thanks!!!!![/QUOTE]

Alice and Dead Space are not on the steam activation list. Maybe someone has more insight to this than me. I know the copies I bought from Amazon didn't activate on steam. Alice activated on Origin.

If it's an EA published title, it is almost guaranteed to not activate on Steam. Alice and Dead Space 2 should, IIRC, activate on Origin. Dead Space 1 does not currently, so you will have to contact customer service to have them add it, and that can be a crapshoot. If they don't, try again. It might take a few tries.

[quote name='Lint21']There's a few ok deals in there.... $9 Alice, $40 Skyrim, $5 Borderlands, $15 Rage, etc. There are also some real crummy ones. Why bother putting Crysis 2 on sale for $30? Wasn't that $10 on Amazon *months* ago? It's like they are just hoping that someone uneducated bumbles along and buys it at that price because they don't know any better. I don't like that.[/QUOTE]

I always find it funny when people make these arguments.

First off, not everyone who are customers are on this board, or have the knowledge when games have gone on sale on different sites. So, yeah, one might have missed a sale on Crysis 2 that was a better deal.

Second, ultimately these companies are in business to make money and that it isn't a race to the bottom for all of these guys. Typically you do sales to attract customers, and hope they stay to buy more high-margin merch.

[quote name='Mugatu']Dead space 1 does activate on Origin. Just did it earlier in the week with the one I got from gamefly.[/QUOTE]
Could've sworn it didn't but they probably changed that since I last checked. Thanks for clarifying. :)

I think they did just recently add it but I'm glad they did. As much as I dislike Origin, I do like it better than gamefly's thing.

[quote name='lazalem']Can anybody buy & gift a Dead Space Bundle to me? I can't buy it because of US region restrictions. Will pay with Paypal...[/QUOTE]

Amazon matched the price, have you tried there?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Amazon matched the price, have you tried there?[/QUOTE]

Yup... they matched the price of each game, but not as a bundle.

bread's done
Back