50-80% Off Comics, Toys, and More. TFAW's Spring Cleaning Sale is On!

ANGURA

CAGiversary!
**Standard Disclosure: Howdy all. I like saving money. I love it when CAGs tip me off to deals. I work at TFAW. So when I hear of deals I share them here. But it would be unethical not to point out that I do work here. Carry on!**

Hey all,

Some of you may remember our Summer Steals sale last year where we took thousands of items and progressively discounted them over the course of the month. In essence, they started at 40% off and each week we took off another 10% until they were all at 80% off. Well...

It's back.

Spring cleaning is going to rock this May! We're offering huge progressive discounts on a ton of great pop culture collectibles. This time around we're starting at 50% off on everything in the sale, taking another 10% off every week, and randomly throwing new items into the sale over its entirety. With prices this low, you're guaranteed to clean up every time you order!

TFAW's Spring Cleaning Sale is all about saving you more money as spring rolls on into summer.

Here's the Deal:

We have very limited quantities of these items--we're talking about a handful of each in our inventory. So if you see something you like, be sure to claim your Spring Cleaning spoils as soon as possible before they go to someone else!

SEE ALL SPRING CLEANING DEALS

Enjoy fellow CAGs, and as always feel free to ask questions here and I'll try and stay on top of any new developments.

Cheers,

Andrew@TFAW

[quote name='hopeunknown']I might hold out til next week. I made out like a bandit last year with toys and such. Thanks for the updates ANGURA :D

Oh, and if I were to add things to my cart (assuming they would be in stock next week), would the discount automatically update in the items in the cart when the discount percentage next week? Or would I have to individually re-add them to have the new discounted price?[/QUOTE]

99% certain you would need to re-add them. 99.5% even.

[quote name='ANGURA']99% certain you would need to re-add them. 99.5% even.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll just write down what I want and hope for the best.

[quote name='rapsodist']I do have to be the voice of (mild) discontent here. In my last nick & dent order, one of the Concrete volumes I ordered had significant water damage. The book was browned and wavy. But I was able to pry open the pages without doing much more damage to them. I decided not to dispute it because I knew there was a possibility of this happening (plus it was just a few dollars). I've taken my chances many a time and TFAW has done right by me in the past. I'm not happy about what happened with Concrete but I don't expect it'll happen again anytime soon. I just want to put this out there so people are clear about the reality of "nick & dent" items: be prepared for the worst.[/QUOTE]

Heya Rapsodist,

Sorry to hear about your volume of Concrete. To be absolutely clear, that kind of damage far exceeds what we allow in our nick and dents. So either your postman snorkeled down the coast to deliver your package ;) or someone wasn't paying close enough attention in the warehouse.

Either way drop us a line at service [at] tfaw.com and we'll get you sorted out. When we say minor nicks and dents we mean minor nicks and dents, not water soaked unreadable wavy brown trade paper monstrosities! :D I already gave the service department a heads up so they should be able to send you a suitable replacement copy with no problem.

[quote name='nightmare452']WOW, good thing I saw this deal! Does the free shipping coupons still work? If it those I will order easily above $40 on stuff.[/QUOTE]

Indeed! The coupon is good through the end of the month (i.e. the entirety of the sale), so you're set nightmare.

[quote name='hopeunknown']Thanks! I'll just write down what I want and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

The site has a wishlist feature, I have about 80 things on the wishlist now for easy cart adding. It worked like a dream for my 60% off order. Just woke up Sunday, logged into my account, went to the wishlist, and added the books I wanted to get for the 60% off. The wishlist also tells you if the item is in stock or not, so you do not have to fumble with searching for items that are sold out but are on your external list. And everything went to the correct percentage fine.

[quote name='ANGURA']Heya Rapsodist,

Sorry to hear about your volume of Concrete. To be absolutely clear, that kind of damage far exceeds what we allow in our nick and dents. So either your postman snorkeled down the coast to deliver your package ;) or someone wasn't paying close enough attention in the warehouse.

Either way drop us a line at service [at] tfaw.com and we'll get you sorted out. When we say minor nicks and dents we mean minor nicks and dents, not water soaked unreadable wavy brown trade paper monstrosities! :D I already gave the service department a heads up so they should be able to send you a suitable replacement copy with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Andrew: Thank you! I really thought I'd just gambled the dice and came up short this time. I hadn't realized that the condition of my Concrete book is considered beyond nick & dent classification. In that case, you can scratch my previous post about the "reality of 'nick & dent' items"! Thanks for clearing this up. Now to have a talk with my postman about his extracurricular activities...

[quote name='rapsodist']Andrew: Thank you! I really thought I'd just gambled the dice and came up short this time. I hadn't realized that the condition of my Concrete book is considered beyond nick & dent classification. In that case, you can scratch my previous post about the "reality of 'nick & dent' items"! Thanks for clearing this up. Now to have a talk with my postman about his extracurricular activities...[/QUOTE]

No problem. Thanks for bringing it up. We definitely take our nick and dents seriously, which is to say, we do not use it as a clearing house for crappy condition materials.

And maybe it wasn't the postman's fault. It does rain an awful lot up here. :D

[quote name='ANGURA']No problem. Thanks for bringing it up. We definitely take our nick and dents seriously, which is to say, we do not use it as a clearing house for crappy condition materials.

And maybe it wasn't the postman's fault. It does rain an awful lot up here. :D[/QUOTE]

I have bought a lot of nick and dent and only 2 have been in bad shape. 1 had a tear through half the cover. The other looked like it got stuck to glue and was peeled off. The back cover was totally ruined.

[quote name='Grico']The site has a wishlist feature, I have about 80 things on the wishlist now for easy cart adding. It worked like a dream for my 60% off order. Just woke up Sunday, logged into my account, went to the wishlist, and added the books I wanted to get for the 60% off. The wishlist also tells you if the item is in stock or not, so you do not have to fumble with searching for items that are sold out but are on your external list. And everything went to the correct percentage fine.[/QUOTE]

Will keep that in mind :) Thanks Grico! :)

Is there a way to get more of the mini busts on the sale? I love those things and wait for the sales to pick them up from you guys... I see there some there, but any well known characters would be great!

Thanks for the great customer support.

[quote name='ANGURA']Hey all,

Quick reminder. This Sunday at 12:01 a.m. PST, everything rolls over to 60% off.

[/QUOTE]

Any idea, Angura, if this will be the time that 70% comes up on Sunday? I stayed up til 4 am EST last Sunday to catch the 60%, but it still hadn't updated by then. And I would prefer not to stay up so late this time around if that is not when it is going to happen.

[quote name='blue_volvo']Any idea, Angura, if this will be the time that 70% comes up on Sunday? I stayed up til 4 am EST last Sunday to catch the 60%, but it still hadn't updated by then. And I would prefer not to stay up so late this time around if that is not when it is going to happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WzNtHa']LOL, i did the same thing, except i gave up at 2am. the only thing that changed to 60% was the "spring cleaning sale" banner[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that! We work our code monkeys so hard at TFAW (plus we rarely feed them) that sometimes they end up passing out and missing important deadlines. Not to worry, they will be punished. :twoguns:

Midnight is indeed the time at which the discount should be changing. Last week's slip up was indeed that, a slip up. Our apologies. This week the time change should be much closer to midnight, there may be a few minutes delay, but it should not be a multi-hour wait again.

[quote name='dragon_image18']I have bought a lot of nick and dent and only 2 have been in bad shape. 1 had a tear through half the cover. The other looked like it got stuck to glue and was peeled off. The back cover was totally ruined.[/QUOTE]

Hey d_i,

If you get a book like that again, drop us a line. Yes, bent covers, minor scratches... even a tiny tear, that falls under "nick & dent". But any damage that impacts the readability of the title is definitely not copacetic.

Angura, thanks for clearing that up about the nick and dent books. I think the customer service you're showing here to fellow CAGs is fantastic and I'll definitely be buying several nick and dent books come Sunday with confidence. Thanks so much!

[quote name='dschroll']Angura, thanks for clearing that up about the nick and dent books. I think the customer service you're showing here to fellow CAGs is fantastic and I'll definitely be buying several nick and dent books come Sunday with confidence. Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

You're welcome dschroll, and thank you very much for the props and for giving us a shot!

We truly take our commitment to our collective bosses, that is to say our customers, seriously. And with the nick and dent items in particular, we're stoked to be able to offer near new quality items at such reduced prices. I have a TON (maybe even a literal ton) of nick and dent stuff myself. So when I hear about the odd overly damaged book slipping through our QC process, I want to make sure and clear that up right away and let people know that items like that do not meet our standards and they shouldn't feel like they've been had. Just drop us a line and we'll make sure you get taken care of.

Taken care of in the good way, not like we're going to have you rubbed out or anything. ;)

Cheers!

[quote name='ANGURA']Hey d_i,

If you get a book like that again, drop us a line. Yes, bent covers, minor scratches... even a tiny tear, that falls under "nick & dent". But any damage that impacts the readability of the title is definitely not copacetic.[/QUOTE]

I contacted customer service about the book with the tear when I got it and was told unless pages were falling out of the book, they couldn't do anything for me. So I never bothered following up on the condition.

Not a big deal I guess. I have tape.

Thanks again Angura. Just placed an order with TFAW for 9 graphic novels. 5 of them were nick and dent items, but the total price for all 9 was $50. If I bought these same books on amazon, it would've cost me close to $120! Huge savings. Can't wait to check them out.

Please let us know if anything else gets added to the sale list as I may have to take a look at some more things :)

Sup .. about to order some book for this weeks sale but have to ask if there is anyone who is familiar with the Civil War crossovers .. if so plz pm .. k thx^_^

Last night around 4AM EST I snagged,

30 Days of Night TPB Vol 1
Black Panther Civil War TPB
Civil War Script Book TPB
Civil War Young Avengers & Runaways TPB
Civil War TPB - Fantastic Four
Civil War TPB - Thunderbolts
Civil War TPB
Civil War TPB - Front Line Book 1
Essential Tales Of Zombie TPB vol 1
Iron Man TPB - Enter The Mandarin
Ms Marvel TPB Vol 2 - Civil War
New Avengers TPB Vol. 1: Breakout
New Avengers TPB Vol. 5: Civil War
Zombies Eclipse Of The Undead TPB
Zombie TPB
Blade: The Vampire Slayer - Black and White TPB
Secret Invasion TPB - The Infiltration
Thunderbolts TPB - The Guardian Protocols
Thunderbolts: Justice, Like Lightning... TPB
Thunderbolts Presents TPB - Zemo Born Better
Wolverine Classic TPB Vol. 1
Avengers Initiative TPB Vol. 1 - Basic Training
Iron Man TPB - The Many Armors Of Iron Man
Spider-Man The Birth Of Venom TPB
Iron Man War Machine TPB
Spider Man: Back In Black TPB
Iron Man TPB - Haunted

Subtotal: $149.42
Shipping: Free
Total: $149.42

Thanks for the savings and the free shipping!

I've already got another wishlist going for next Sunday when whatever's left hits 80% off.

I wish I read more than the first post of this thead, that free shipping code would of been nice. Still though can't really complain the prices were amazing and still got a better deal than you could anywhere else.

bought:

3x Qee Figures (hopefully not duplicates! haha)
Indiana Jones: Adventure Heroes Rene Belloq and The Ark 2-pk
Indiana Jones: Adventure Heroes Sallah and Mummy 2-pk
Plasticland (really wanted this!!)
Vintage Kellogg's™ Snap! Crackle! Pop!® PVC Set - nick & dent (to go along wityh the kellogg's figures i picked up last year :D)

might pick up more next week. but $25 + free shipping was nice. :)

Damn, just checked out the site and everything I had on my Wish list that was clearanced is now OOS. Oh well, I spent enough money there last month.

So I need some suggestions on some good reads. Preferably a whole contained series, like Batman: Dark Knight or Watchmen.....I have a few in my cart but I need 1 or 2 more.

[quote name='Japanese Monk']So I need some suggestions on some good reads. Preferably a whole contained series, like Batman: Dark Knight or Watchmen.....I have a few in my cart but I need 1 or 2 more.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...looks like they have 300 on sale if you don't already have it.

[quote name='hopeunknown']bought:

3x Qee Figures (hopefully not duplicates! haha)
Indiana Jones: Adventure Heroes Rene Belloq and The Ark 2-pk
Indiana Jones: Adventure Heroes Sallah and Mummy 2-pk
Plasticland (really wanted this!!)
Vintage Kellogg's™ Snap! Crackle! Pop!® PVC Set - nick & dent (to go along wityh the kellogg's figures i picked up last year :D)

might pick up more next week. but $25 + free shipping was nice. :)[/QUOTE]

>_>

ROCKOUT coupon right?
Just googled it... ugh. Had I known there was one for 25+ I would've had an order placed a few days ago, now what I want is gone. >_> I feel like I was being held out on with only the 40+ one posted!

[quote name='Japanese Monk']So I need some suggestions on some good reads. Preferably a whole contained series, like Batman: Dark Knight or Watchmen.....I have a few in my cart but I need 1 or 2 more.[/QUOTE]

I'd pick up a Masterworks collection or if you don't mind the comics being black & white, get some of the Marvel Essentials books.

[quote name='Japanese Monk']Hey thanks for the suggestions![/QUOTE]
They're not on sale but I highly suggest,

51LmFRjiXhL._SS500_.jpg

Contains every single issue of Scud the Disposable Assassin.

And if you like zombies get the Walking Dead, Volume 1: Days Gone Bye.

27 books ordered at 4 in the morning when everything hit 70% and i've still got a huge wishlist that i'm watching until the 80% hits.

TFAW, my bank account hates you but I love you.

[quote name='georox']>_>

ROCKOUT coupon right?
Just googled it... ugh. Had I known there was one for 25+ I would've had an order placed a few days ago, now what I want is gone. >_> I feel like I was being held out on with only the 40+ one posted![/QUOTE]

always check retailmenot.com for coupons before you buy stuff online, it will save you lots :D

but yeah, ROCKOUT gets you free shipping on $25+. NEWSLETTER is not working right now.

Ok I didnt want to spend too much money and I haven't been INTO the comic scene like I should....But I got 300 HC, Dark Tower Gunslinger Born Premiere HC, Hellboy Volume 1: Seed of Destruction, Invincible Ed HC, Rodrigo HC, and Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite for like 49 bucks.

Is that an OK list? And only one was nick and dent which was Hellboy. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

[quote name='hopeunknown']always check retailmenot.com for coupons before you buy stuff online, it will save you lots :D

but yeah, ROCKOUT gets you free shipping on $25+. NEWSLETTER is not working right now.[/QUOTE]

I generally do, but I presumed the best coupon was already posted here. >_>

Ah well, saved me from spending money.

Hey all,

Quick heads up. We just added another 300+ items into the Spring Cleaning Sale.

Looks like it's mainly Graphic Novels and Comics, but there's some Books, Toys, and Collectibles in there too.

Cheers!

Looks like it's mainly Graphic Novels and Comics, but there's some Books, Toys, and Collectibles in there too.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Better be that list of books i haven't sent you yet or else :bomb:

Cheers![/QUOTE]

You magnificent bastard, you just made me spend 60 more dollars. I was about to get the Black Dossier till I saw this:

Hellboy Library Edition Volume 1: Seed of Destruction and Wake the Devil HC (Signed Edition)

for $36!

No way I was passing that up.

Not even 80% off yet and I've spent way too much... I hate/love you!

I have spent WAY too much money on stuff from TFAW thanks to their Nick & Dent and this sale. This sale alone has killed my wallet :(

Ha! I think it's a good sign that a sale is successful when people can't decide if they love you or need to kill you post-haste to resist the temptation! :)

Glad to hear you're all finding some good stuff.... and I guess I won't even begin to hint that maybe, just maybe, there's even more stuff coming before Sunday?

Nope. Definitely won't hint that at all. :p

Cheers!

Put in my last order until 80% day:

X-Factor Visionaries TPB - Peter David Vol. 3 - nick & dent $4.79

Manhunter TPB Vol. 4 Unleashed $5.39

Sunshine Sketch TPB Vol. 1 $3.29

Essential Amazing Spider-Man TPB Vol. 3 - nick & dent $5.09

Runaways HC Vol. 2 - nick & dent $7.40

Well unless the hinted addition has something must buy.

[quote name='ANGURA']Ha! I think it's a good sign that a sale is successful when people can't decide if they love you or need to kill you post-haste to resist the temptation! :)

Glad to hear you're all finding some good stuff.... and I guess I won't even begin to hint that maybe, just maybe, there's even more stuff coming before Sunday?

Nope. Definitely won't hint that at all. :p

Cheers![/QUOTE]
I HATE YOU!

I love you.

For my Bank Account's sake I hope more of my wishlist goes out of stock before sunday or i'm gonna run out of money for Supercon! Who am I kidding, i'll be placing another ridiculously large when everything hits 80%.

[quote name='braindeadalive']I HATE YOU!

I love you.

For my Bank Account's sake I hope more of my wishlist goes out of stock before sunday or i'm gonna run out of money for Supercon! Who am I kidding, i'll be placing another ridiculously large when everything hits 80%.[/QUOTE]

Yup, my wishlist was just starting to decrease in size and the latest addition blew it up again.

After seeing a few of the items on my wish list disappear, I got a little antsy and I ended up with a $70 order that should hold me over until Sunday.

Thanks again Angura.

I bought a bunch of Trigun Maximum (nick and dent) volumes the other day. I'm hoping the rest will be put up on Sunday.

*crosses fingers*

Waiting until Sunday morning and see what I can get.

Have resisted thus far (beating myself for it too), but on Sunday all bets are off, buahahaha.

I'm hoping the few things I'm watching are still around when it gets 80... definately put in another order....

damnit, going to spend >$100 on this sale.

bread's done
Back