50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

I never played Bulletproof, but the story behind this game sounds insane enough to be campy fun. If the engine is a halfway decent copy of Gears, then I'm definitely in.

50 Cent and the Kingdom of the Diamond Skull, people! How can you say no?

Ah yes. Because nobody knows close-quarters urban warfare like gangstas. If only we sent the entirety of Death Row Records to Iraq instead of the US Army, we would have had this war settled by Christmas.

lol wut

[quote name='jmzzle0507']man you guys are crazy i absolutely loved bulletproof i mean was it revolutionary no but it was still a fun shooter and at the time 50 cent was at the top of the world it was a blast to play as him and just kill a bunch of guys. i am pretty amped for the 2nd one it shuld be pretty fun[/quote]

Your avatar and grammar speak volumes.

It looks interesting, but I'm not buying it, no matter how good it might be, because it involves 50 Cent.

The 50 Cent game scenario reminds me of the Sopranos scene where they abduct a famous film writer, portrayed by Timothy Daly, and force him to write their script.

[quote name='chasemurata']It looks interesting, but I'm not buying it, no matter how good it might be, because it involves 50 Cent.[/quote]

I 2nd this.

Yet, I wonder if someone said "I'll never buy Chronicles of Riddick because I hate Vin Diesel!" the gaming community would simply laugh and say "Too bad for you the game is awesome!".

Who knows if the game is good or not, but if it's good, I don't give a shit who it stars. I remember everyone saying these same comments though when Riddick was announced, how it was going to suck, Vin Diesel sucks, Riddick sucks, etc etc.

How wrong we all were!

[quote name='Roufuss']Yet, I wonder if someone said "I'll never buy Chronicles of Riddick because I hate Vin Diesel!" the gaming community would simply laugh and say "Too bad for you the game is awesome!".

Who knows if the game is good or not, but if it's good, I don't give a shit who it stars. I remember everyone saying these same comments though when Riddick was announced, how it was going to suck, Vin Diesel sucks, Riddick sucks, etc etc.

How wrong we all were![/QUOTE]

True, but 50 cent is still worse.

Speaking of Riddick, I wonder if The Wheelman will be any good...

[quote name='Roufuss']Yet, I wonder if someone said "I'll never buy Chronicles of Riddick because I hate Vin Diesel!" the gaming community would simply laugh and say "Too bad for you the game is awesome!".

How wrong we all were![/quote]
QFT
yeah the hate for 50 is massive. If this game is good i'll try it.

it should be massive hate for 50, for other reasons that would make this post too long. But don't act like 50 is only responsible for this game, he's on vivendi's record label so it's basically cross promotion of a brand.

[quote name='necrojustice']Harlem's rough these days.[/quote]

So bad that he had to flee Harlem and vacation in Iraq.

Why don't good rappers make videogames? How 'bout the Beastie Boys? I would buy a Beastie Boys game! Particularly if they were the characters from the "Sabatage" video in it.

Oh, wait...I forgot that the Beasties have artistic integrity. Damn.

haha, i like the part where he slides to gain cover like they do in GoW

beastie boys suck donkey balls...50 sucks now too though, his time is waaaaaaay past...but hey, a good game is a good game, so i'll try it if it's good gameplay-wise

kaneko tried to get a license for them in some game back in the day. I think B.Rap boys or something like that.
What about DJ:FFNY? 50 was supposed to be in that and dropped out, they just changed the characters fast though.

[quote name='akilshohen']kaneko tried to get a license for them in some game back in the day. I think B.Rap boys or something like that.
What about DJ:FFNY? 50 was supposed to be in that and dropped out, they just changed the characters fast though.[/quote]

that's the only good game with rappers in it...that was actually fun to play

I just read the game info/story behind it. This has got to be the biggest fail I have ever witnessed.

Who is there target audience, anyway? Not many ghetto people have 360s...(I'm generalizing, I know I KNOW).

[quote name='DestroVega']I can't wait to not buy it!...

A better game would be, you have to re-teach 50 how to write good records... cause he forgot 3 songs into his 2nd album.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt he need to learn to write first?

Amazing how many people just give this game an automatic pass simply because it's 50 Cent.

In the rare event that the gameplay mechanics are solid, the graphics awesome, and the online is good, you people will still pass on it just because you don't like the lead character?

Hey, I know another game that had a shit story and forgettable characters, but everyone seemed to have loved Gears of War for the gameplay (and before anyone says anything, I loved GoW).

Look, I'm not a 50 Cent fanboy or anything, but I'm just willing to give Swordfish Studios a chance with this game, which is more than most people seem willing to do. Hell, if you take out 50 Cent and replace it with a generic black guy, I'm sure people would be anticipating this game. Yea, the first 50 Cent game was horrible, but this is a brand new developer and a proven engine, so we might as well see what they can do.

I'm just surprised so many gamers are closed minded... if this game comes through in the gameplay dept, I'll definitely pick it up.

[quote name='Roufuss']Amazing how many people just give this game an automatic pass simply because it's 50 Cent.

In the rare event that the gameplay mechanics are solid, the graphics awesome, and the online is good, you people will still pass on it just because you don't like the lead character?

Hey, I know another game that had a shit story and forgettable characters, but everyone seemed to have loved Gears of War for the gameplay (and before anyone says anything, I loved GoW).

Look, I'm not a 50 Cent fanboy or anything, but I'm just willing to give Swordfish Studios a chance with this game, which is more than most people seem willing to do. Hell, if you take out 50 Cent and replace it with a generic black guy, I'm sure people would be anticipating this game. Yea, the first 50 Cent game was horrible, but this is a brand new developer and a proven engine, so we might as well see what they can do.

I'm just surprised so many gamers are closed minded... if this game comes through in the gameplay dept, I'll definitely pick it up.[/quote]

This is exactly what I am thinking. I'm guessing some are anti-50 Cent, and others are just anti-rap in general. But if a game is fun, then a game is fun regardless of who is portrayed as the protagonist of the game.

[quote name='swetooth9']This is exactly what I am thinking. I'm guessing some are anti-50 Cent, and others are just anti-rap in general. But if a game is fun, then a game is fun regardless of who is portrayed as the protagonist of the game.[/QUOTE]

I mean, I can't stand Vin Diesel at all, I think he's a shit actor, his movies are mostly not worth watching (imo), and he looks like an idiot.

But it didn't stop me from enjoying Riddick at all.

[quote name='karmapolice']Wouldn't he need to learn to write first?[/quote]

Zing! Hahaha... so very true.

He also needs a speech coach and to be pushed into traffic.

There has really been no good game that centers around a rap artist or a rap group. I think that's where the hate comes from.

*The Def Jam games feature tons of rap artists and aren't one person or group centered.

I'm sorry, it could be GTA 4 with 11 score reviews and I wouldn't buy this and support this idiot. The whole reason this game is being made is because enough people bought the first game and it was total garbage.

Sure, it could be a diamond in the rough, but who gives a shit. There's a lot better things I could spend my time and money on, 50 cent ain't one of them.

[quote name='mike.m']I'm sorry, it could be GTA 4 with 11 score reviews and I wouldn't buy this and support this idiot. The whole reason this game is being made is because enough people bought the first game and it was total garbage.

Sure, it could be a diamond in the rough, but who gives a shit. There's a lot better things I could spend my time and money on, 50 cent ain't one of them.[/quote]

People who like good games might give a shit. I mean I don't enjoy comic books or super heroes, but Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was fun as hell to me regardless of the main character and the universe it was set in. Same thing with many strategy RPGs being in the medieval era. I hate the medieval era, but lots of SRPGs that are fun to play are set in that era, so I play them b/c they are good games.

I'm not saying this game will be good, but if it happens to be that way, I'll take a stab at it.

I bought it for $38.99 shipped on Amazon Marketplace yesterday. I've heard some great things about this game...

[quote name='nnthomas']Goty 2009[/QUOTE]

Yea I've heard nothing but good things about it. The gameplay videos online look amazing as all hell. Do you have it? How's the online aspect if you do?

[quote name='nnthomas']I had it, I got all 1000 on it. The online is smooth and fun. It's just co-op.[/QUOTE]

Ah very cool. I thought it was supposed to be an awful game and then I saw some very positive reviews and then youtubed the gameplay videos and was blown away. It looks great...better than I expected. I hope it arrives soon.

[quote name='nnthomas']Because it's not the least bit difficult, and the achievements stack.[/QUOTE]

Hmm well ok then lol. I guess I will!

[quote name='ananag112']True, but 50 cent is still worse.

Speaking of Riddick, I wonder if The Wheelman will be any good...[/QUOTE]

I saw the commercials for The Wheelman today. At first I thought they were making a tie-in game for Fast and Furious (the one without the "thes" in it:lol:), but the commercials were really intriguing and made me want to play the game. I can't wait until the summer when I'll permit myself to play games again (and live) away from work/school)

[quote name='ananag112']Soulja Boy needs his own game[/QUOTE]

I would seriously buy this, especially if they included a mini game where you could Crank Dat Soulja Boy and pull a superman.

There is no 'The' in 'Wheelman'. Thanks. ;) The game was horrible, minus the awesome car jumping, which was still pretty bad. The Riddick demo didn't impress me too much. So out of the three, BotS is still my choice of game.

32298_normal.jpg

Well, no matter what some of the opinions are on here, I'm actually excited to play the game lol. From the majority of reviews and people who have played the game, it sounds like it's a game for mindless fun and that's what video games are all about.

What's up with not being able to have a second profile logged in while playing? That's weird. My wife wanted to join the party I was in so I ended up having to switch games (although I was tempted to hit her and tell the b*tch to gtfo and stop stealing my skrill).

This is by far the funniest game I've ever played.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']It sucks in single player but it's fun in co-op.[/QUOTE]

That could be said for a lot of games! ;):lol: Well I'm waiting in anticipation for it to arrive at my door step, that's for sure. :applause:

Well I received the game yesterday and I have to admit, I'm impressed. It's a hell of a lot of fun, but it seems short. I'll keep playing through it till I get my full 1000g done but it's definitely not as bad as I thought it would be.

bread's done
Back