50% Extra Credit When You Trade Any System Towards a New PS4 or Xbox One.

kmoyer21886

CAG Newbie
So it looks like gamestop is giving 50% more trade in towards the purchase of a xbox one or ps4.  Any idea on the tivs as it relates towards trading an xbox 1 or ps4 towards the same or similar next gen console?  The values now are 344.50 and don't include any promotion inflated value I believe.  Could it be possible they are giving 344.50 x 50% (172.50)=517?  Wouldn't that be nice!

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

Good promotion if you want to upgrade to next gen, or regret your next gen console of choice. After eBay fees and shipping+hassle this would be a better idea, then selling on their and Craigslist is YMMV dangerous as hell.
I sold a next-gen console through craigslist at a police station. you can imagine how little interested parties i received, until finally at last. SOLD smoothly.

Is the 50% extra trade-ins on systems updated on the website yet

Was planning to trade in my XBox One, but as soon as I did a factory reset, it is giving me an error. No luck in trading it in. Have to wait for Microsoft to fix it before I can trade it in.

It States the posted values on the trade page have a 40% promo figured into it so using math wouldn't that make the ps4 and xbox one both trade in value as follow:

Base: $246.07 + 50% Bonus = $369.11 Trade in Value

Rwqqy3Z.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It States the posted values on the trade page have a 40% promo figured into it so using math wouldn't that make the ps4 and xbox one both trade in value as follow:

Rwqqy3Z.png
Base is $265. What's on the GameStop Featured Trade Values is $265 x 1.3 (30% promotional bonus), which equals $344.50. Using $265 as the base value, multiply it by 1.5 (50% for the new promotion) and boom, you have a total of $397.50 for a used PS4/Xbox One. BOOM, done deal!

I remember getting $412.50 each for both my PS4's I bought from AWD for $256. Employees couldn't believe I got more than MSRP trading in a used system. Good times, but it seems that GS wised up now.

I remember getting $412.50 each for both my PS4's I bought from AWD for $256. Employees couldn't believe I got more than MSRP trading in a used system. Good times, but it seems that GS wised up now.
Yeah, that was when the base was $275. I got in on that once with an AWD PS4.

It States the posted values on the trade page have a 40% promo figured into it so using math wouldn't that make the ps4 and xbox one both trade in value as follow:

Rwqqy3Z.png
**PowerUp Rewards Pro members get 10% extra in-store credit when they trade games and accessories. Systems are not eligible. Learn more.

so, worth it to trade in a launch PS4 for a new one?  Would cost $2.50 (no tax for me) but I'd get a warranty extension and PUR points...

so, worth it to trade in a launch PS4 for a new one? Would cost $2.50 (no tax for me) but I'd get a warranty extension and PUR points...
Seems like a lot of people have done it. I would do it if I had it since launch. I just bought mine a couple of weeks ago, so wouldn't extend my warranty by much. I would also have to pay tax in my state. PUR points are always helpful also.

Wow, I think a lot of us might actually screw over Gamestop as a business. They took my PS4 used and gave me a new one w/ a $0.01 owed and I managed to get a Pro card for $4 after using that penny and some trade in credit. So for once, I actually beat gamestop lol. 

is that with being a power up reward member?
I am but I'm not sure if the 20pts for used and 10pts for new is for either both paid and free versions of PUR. I think the paid PUR you get an extra 10% in points. I took a quick look at the benefits page but it doesn't explicitly say how many points you earn per purchase/trade in. Too lazy to dig. It's probably there somewhere on the PUR website.

EDIT: ok, was curious. For my transaction, I got 12,420. So without trying to do the breakdown, it's not quite 12K plus some 10% bonus. Maybe someone else can figure out the breakdown. I gotta run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I think a lot of us might actually screw over Gamestop as a business. They took my PS4 used and gave me a new one w/ a $0.01 owed and I managed to get a Pro card for $4 after using that penny and some trade in credit. So for once, I actually beat gamestop lol.
They won't get hurt by this in the long run. They don't pay the $400 MSRP for systems so in reality they took yours which they'll no doubt sell to somebody who wants it, and then they sold another new system at a profit. Not to mention you got a Pro Card which always helps them.

They won't get hurt by this in the long run. They don't pay the $400 MSRP for systems so in reality they took yours which they'll no doubt sell to somebody who wants it, and then they sold another new system at a profit. Not to mention you got a Pro Card which always helps them.
How much profit you think they make on new consoles?

Hmmm, I might have to do this since I have a 360 to sell. Wonder how much they'll give me for a 360S with a 120GB HD though..

Trade in my PS4 and 360 and get a new PS4.

i need to wipe my ps4 and give this a try. has anyone had trouble getting the $397 for the ps4 and buying a new ps4?
I had no problems trading my launch PS4 for a new one. The manager was confused by it but I just said I bought it used and wanted a new one for the warranty, new controller, etc. Just do the same and you shouldn't have any issue.

They won't get hurt in the long run like you said, but you're wrong if you think they make money on selling new consoles. It's next to nothing in terms of profit for the store.

bread's done
Back