$50 GameCube Trade-In EBGS

Blaine

CAGiversary!
I'd like to have someone confirm this for me, but as I stopped by to put $5 on Card Fighter's Clash for the DS, I was told that the GameCube trade in value was increased from $25 to $30 as well there's an additional $20 trade-in promotion running until November 5th, bringing the grand total to $50.

*confirmed by cags*

[quote name='Doom5']Traded in my Cube today for $50 towards my Wii preorder. I of course only gave them my standard A/V cables and not my component cables :)[/QUOTE]

I would sell those on ebay as fast you can. They're worthless to you now.

[quote name='munch']I would sell those on ebay as fast you can. They're worthless to you now.[/QUOTE]

Im guessing the component cables are not compatible with the Wii. Is the Wii composite only? I love my prog scan and so forth... and would keep teh Cube just for that reason...

The GC's component cables are not compatible with the Wii. The Wii will have it's own set of component cables available for purchase.

I was pondering if I should trade in my gamecube, wait for a deal like this or ebay it. Plan on keeping my games because I have step siblings that come over every now and again and play them on their gamecube here. eBaying it would probably get me anywhere from $30-50 but I would have to go through that hassle. Trading in my old Cube will pay for a Wii game at least!

Also, I was wondering the same thing. Since the Wii component cables are going to be cheaper and more plentiful than the Gamecube ones, that means gamecube games that support progressive scan would have that advantage. Huzzah.

[quote name='Jatsu']I have the same problem, only one controller, although it may be simple enough to get a cheap used controller later on once the Wii is out. Hmmm.[/quote]when it comes out I doubt this deal will be around. I also have a Broadband adapter does anyone know how much it's worth at Eb?

I might have to go and find some cheap GameCubes and then sell them.

Oh, and can someone tell me why GS and EB usually have the same deals. Are they owned by the same people?
EDIT: Sorry for being out of the loop. I would have just thought they would have changed the name of one them so they would all be the same. Thanks for clearing that up.

man this is retarded, I went to the EBgames in WEstwood and the employee apparently didn't know what the hell to do. He took an additional 20% off 30 bucks instead of giving me $20 extra. I asked him wtf, and he said he was new and didn't know how to do it properly............ He told me I should come back tomorrow if I want the 50 buck trade in........

God I hate this EB, i'd trade it elsewhere today but I have my ps3 preordered there.

and yes EB and gamestop are the same now, it was announced about a year ago.

[quote name='reallynotnick']I might have to go and find some cheap GameCubes and then sell them.

Oh, and can someone tell me why GS and EB usually have the same deals. Are they owned by the same people?[/quote]

Of course they are !

[quote name='munch']I would sell those on ebay as fast you can. They're worthless to you now.[/quote]

Already sold them :)

I wish there was a way to get the deal with out giveing up my controller. A GC controller cost around $20 and I'll need it for the Wii.

[quote name='Bazz']when it comes out I doubt this deal will be around. I also have a Broadband adapter does anyone know how much it's worth at Eb?[/QUOTE]What I meant was, trade the GameCube in for the $50 now, then try and find a cheap GameCube controller later.

[quote name='Limegreen']How much is the trade in value of a ps2 ?

Because this works on all 3 consoles ![/quote]

I would like to know this as well

[quote name='Jatsu']What I meant was, trade the GameCube in for the $50 now, then try and find a cheap GameCube controller later.[/quote] Oh . but the 1st party ones are the best if anything I was thinking buy a cheap one now and throw it in with it.

[quote name='Zoglog']anyone else encounter problems getting the $50 trade in or is my EBgames just particularly retarded?[/quote]
I'll tell you tomorrow, but mine has a tendency to fuck up trade-ins

Trade Values for Systems are as follows (before bonuses):

Gamecube - $30
PS2 Large - $45
PS2 Large w/Network Adapter - $45
PS2 Slim - $50
Xbox - $50
GBA SP - $22
DS - $22-30... I can't remember for sure
DS lite - $60
PSP - $60

I'm fairly certain that those are correct. As for the 360, I couldn't tell you since we don't ever have them traded in at my location.

I kinda don't want to get rid of mine, just for the GBA player. Yeah, Wii is BC and all.. but you can't beat playing some GBA games on a large screen.

[quote name='allout1986']Trade Values for Systems are as follows (before bonuses):

Gamecube - $30
PS2 Large - $45
PS2 Slim - $50
Xbox - $50
GBA SP - $22
DS lite - $60
PSP - $60

I'm fairly certain that those are correct. As for the 360, I couldn't tell you since we don't ever have them traded in at my location.[/quote]

Thank's you's sir !

[quote name='Bazz']I also have a Broadband adapter does anyone know how much it's worth at Eb?[/quote]

I bought a used BBA at EB recently for $2.99 before discount card.. I can't remember if it was marked incorrectly or what, but I'll look for the receipt

Mmmm....if I trade in my GameCube and sell my component cables and Gameboy Player (which I have never used) on eBay...I should get around $100.00 towards the Wii, if not a little more...

I still have about 15 GameCube games that I own and haven't played yet and I would hate for them to not work on the Wii....

Will the Wii be compatible with the Wavebird controller for GameCube?

[quote name='angrywolf']Mmmm....if I trade in my GameCube and sell my component cables and Gameboy Player (which I have never used) on eBay...I should get around $100.00 towards the Wii, if not a little more...

I still have about 15 GameCube games that I own and haven't played yet and I would hate for them to not work on the Wii....

Will the Wii be compatible with the Wavebird controller for GameCube?[/quote]

Supposed to be. I bought extra wavebirds from various clearances this year for the Wii.

hmm, hte only reason why i'd consider keeping my gamecube is because it is one of the ones with the component cable plug.

dang, $70 for an xbox? i have a first gen xbox (bought it the day after it came out) that still works; maybe i should trade that in before it breaks down.

[quote name='zackattack']I bought a used BBA at EB recently for $2.99 before discount card.. I can't remember if it was marked incorrectly or what, but I'll look for the receipt[/quote]That may have been marked wrong that seems way to cheap.

Cool, I have an extra ps2 laying around and didn't get a chance to take advantage of the last console trade-in deal.

I might need it though if Final Fantasy XII isn't fully compatible with HD loader (I know it skips during movies).. the ps2 I'd keep is really bad at reading dvds now.

[quote name='chaarlieee']
I might need it though if Final Fantasy XII isn't fully compatible with HD loader (I know it skips during movies).. the ps2 I'd keep is really bad at reading dvds now.[/QUOTE]
I'm 12 hours in and the movies themselves don't skip, the audio does.

The audio goes out, for a milisecond, every 3 seconds. It's not that bad.

[quote name='zewone']I'm 12 hours in and the movies themselves don't skip, the audio does.

The audio goes out, for a milisecond, every 3 seconds. It's not that bad.[/QUOTE]
Ok, I wasn't too sure. I was going to check ps2hd, but it's been down for a few days.

[quote name='rly723']and then how much will they re sell those GC for? $75?[/QUOTE]

No actually I think it's only $60. Thought I saw that last week.

Thanks OP, I was planning on getting rid of my GC before the Wii comes in Nov. I still have an Advance Game Port (plays GBA/SP games) which plugs into the memory port, any chance that it might still work on the Wii?

[quote name='allout1986']Trade Values for Systems are as follows (before bonuses):

Gamecube - $30
PS2 Large - $45
PS2 Slim - $50
Xbox - $50
GBA SP - $22
DS lite - $60
PSP - $60

I'm fairly certain that those are correct. As for the 360, I couldn't tell you since we don't ever have them traded in at my location.[/quote]

I think these are the trade in prices for the 360

XBOX 360 w/Wireless Controller - $190.00
XBOX 360 w/Wired Controller - $180.00

Hard Drive is taken for i believe $30.00

[quote name='Blaine']If you're in the PA/Ohio area, I think The Exchange chain of stores has them for $25-$35. If not, look for your equivelant 'used CD/Game/Movie' shop.

Ditto for yardsales, though the weather is getting a little harsh for those.[/QUOTE]

The exchange in squirrel hill sells them for over 50 I think.

Anyone have any idea how long the increase to $30 will last? I want to keep my gamecube as long as possible. Hopefully I can keep it until 11/5.

Does anyone know if the Wii will support Gamecube's Progressive Scan feature? I am lucky enough to have at GC with the component cable output, but I'd definitely take the $50 in credit as long as the Wii will play nice with my HDTV.

So if they are giving a +$20 bonus on system exchanges... Will that combine deal with the $80 Original Xbox Trade-in applied to a 360 purchase? If so I smell Xbox premium for 299!! Could someone check?

:pray:
:bouncy:

damn I traded in my old launch ps2 for preordering the PS3 before this deal....

well I guess I'll trade-in my slimline before the 5th though

[quote name='phenommsu']So if they are giving a +$20 bonus on system exchanges... Will that combine deal with the $80 Original Xbox Trade-in applied to a 360 purchase? If so I smell Xbox premium for 299!! Could someone check?

:bouncy:[/quote]

No, they will not combine.

[quote name='lyric706']Does anyone know if the Wii will support Gamecube's Progressive Scan feature? I am lucky enough to have at GC with the component cable output, but I'd definitely take the $50 in credit as long as the Wii will play nice with my HDTV.[/QUOTE]

Wii will have progressive scan and hopefully have a component cable that will be readily avail to the public.

Can't do it on principle. Plus I have the GBPlayer.

*edit After seeing what GBPlayers fetch on ebay, I've changed my mind. I'll probably put the credit towards FFXII CE.

[quote name='mofo1115']Wii will have progressive scan and hopefully have a component cable that will be readily avail to the public.[/QUOTE]

$60 madcatz cable lol

Is there a limit on how many console you can trade in? I plan on taking in my Gamecube & GBA:SP. If it works, would I get $20 extra for EACH ssytem?

[quote name='Randy Orton']Is there a limit on how many console you can trade in? I plan on taking in my Gamecube & GBA:SP. If it works, would I get $20 extra for EACH ssytem?[/QUOTE]

The 20 bucks only applies to the xbox, ps2, and gamecube.

bread's done
Back