$50 Gift Card with PS3 160GB - Newegg

Hmmm... A lot of those cards going around. I've been waiting this long... **Repeats to self**... Better deal in a few more weeks... better deal in a few more weeks...

I like how Netflix is set-up on the PS3, as well.

I'm still rocking a day one launch PS3 and have been wanting to upgrade to slim model but I think I'll wait for a nice white one to be released. And agreed on Netflix on PS3, the 1080p anime looks awesome.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmmm... A lot of those cards going around. I've been waiting this long... **Repeats to self**... Better deal in a few more weeks... better deal in a few more weeks...

I like how Netflix is set-up on the PS3, as well.[/QUOTE]
what do oyu mean by alot of cards going around?

[quote name='meta460085']I'm still rocking a day one launch PS3 and have been wanting to upgrade to slim model but I think I'll wait for a nice white one to be released. And agreed on Netflix on PS3, the 1080p anime looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes! I stumbled upon a white one and a silver one, on eBay, the other night! Nice!!!!!! :D

[quote name='ManchildofPV']what do oyu mean by alot of cards going around?[/QUOTE]

A lot of $50 Gift Cards have been offered, lately, when you buy a PS3.

Best deal I've seen, so far, was at Toys R Us. I'm a bit ':hot:' for not getting it, but it wasn't a bundle. I kept calling local stores and they didn't have a bundle and the deal was in-store only. $50 Toys R Us gift card with $20 PSN card, was the deal. I think better deals are coming.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']A lot of $50 Gift Cards have been offered, lately, when you buy a PS3.

Best deal I've seen, so far, was at Toys R Us. I'm a bit ':hot:' for not getting it, but it wasn't a bundle. I kept calling local stores and they didn't have a bundle and the deal was in-store only. $50 Toys R Us gift card with $20 PSN card, was the deal. I think better deals are coming.[/QUOTE]

And all the deals disappeared around the same time. I'd have jumped on the TRU deal, too, if my freaking PS3 had gone YLOD one week prior(ie, while the deal was still live). However, the in-store tax on the system would be $18 here, which would more or less eat up the value of the card(and the tax on the $50-60 dollar game i bought using the gift card would make up the difference).

Many thanks for the quick heads up, OP; i'm all over this one.

[quote name='happydogs']And all the deals disappeared around the same time. I'd have jumped on the TRU deal, too, if my freaking PS3 had gone YLOD one week prior(ie, while the deal was still live). However, the in-store tax on the system would be $18 here, which would more or less eat up the value of the card(and the tax on the $50-60 dollar game i bought using the gift card would make up the difference).

Many thanks for the quick heads up, OP; i'm all over this one.[/QUOTE]

Did you order from them? If so, was it a smooth transaction? I don't know anything about this site. I keep trying to hold off, but...:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Did you order from them? If so, was it a smooth transaction? I don't know anything about this site. I keep trying to hold off, but...:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

NewEgg is a reputable site/business. They used to have B&M stores back in the 80s and 90s, but closed them down for some reason. I guess they're online now. In 2009, I ordered a 500 gig harddrive for my last PS3 from them and it came fast and packed well. Although, the harddrive itself came packed in a small box in a bubble wrapped envelope sitting in a bunch of bubble wrap as cushion and not a cardboard box or plastic box like if you were to buy from Best Buy or Target. However, the harddrive worked and I was happy.

I know a harddrive is not the same as a PS3 system, but take my recommendation as you will. :)

I was going to jump on this deal, but after looking thorugh the PS3 library, I couldn't find another game I would want besides the Uncharted games. Guess I will wait.

The 160 GB will be phased out like the 120 GB b/c there going to be offering a 500 GB model shortly. E3 is less than 3 weeks away there's only 2 ways I'd buy now
1-If I buy now a place has a 30 day price match policy
2-$100 giftcard offer
3-$100 giftcard price match at BB making the PS3 $200 anyways

[quote name='Enuf']The 160 GB will be phased out like the 120 GB b/c there going to be offering a 500 GB model shortly. E3 is less than 3 weeks away there's only 2 ways I'd buy now
1-If I buy now a place has a 30 day price match policy
2-$100 giftcard offer
3-$100 giftcard price match at BB making the PS3 $200 anyways[/QUOTE]

So can you tell me your source to the 500 gig model, I would love to know who discovered that. It doesn't seem likely though.

like chunlibarbie says, there are a LOT of places offering $50 giftcards with a ps3 purchase. That leads me to believe thats going to be the price drop of the system at E3 =P

really wish id got one of those 100 dollar coupons from GS.. friggin a-holes

[quote name='Enuf']The 160 GB will be phased out like the 120 GB b/c there going to be offering a 500 GB model shortly.[/QUOTE]

You'd be better off buying a 160 GB system and buying a separate 500 GB drive rather than paying full cost for a large preinstalled drive.

[quote name='hereon']So can you tell me your source to the 500 gig model, I would love to know who discovered that. It doesn't seem likely though.[/QUOTE]
I delivery supplies to GS the managers that know I'm a gamer tell me/show me things that they get/see, promo materials etc. The manager of the store with a huge backlog of 120 GB wasn't able to get the regional managers approval to make a YMMV sale/promo to clear the stock and the reason he was given was "we'll wait till after the price drop and/or the new sku is released to see what effect that has on the stock".
Plus, don't see why this would be a shock they alreay have a 120, 160, 250 & 320 what's the obvious next GB amount 500. Even portable HD are 250, 320, 500, 750 & 1 TB. If I were them I'd offer either
1-LE 500 GB BC bundled w/move & $60 game or voucher
2-same bundle w/move, a $60 game or voucher & a $25 NGP voucher for
$400-$500. These would sell fast & increase Move/PS3/NGP sales in 1 move. Release them in steady increments to top out around 2 million total unless demand is truly great. $800 mil to $1 billion.
[quote name='Thrinn']You'd be better off buying a 160 GB system and buying a separate 500 GB drive rather than paying full cost for a large preinstalled drive.[/QUOTE]
huh? Say the price drop is $100 you'd rather pay $300 & get a $50 gc plus buy a 500 gb HD instead of paying $200 or $250 for the 500 GB one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why BestBuy.com has it saying 360GB then it says 320GB? If this is true or they bring a 360GB to E3, I will....... L..M..F..A..O..!!!!

From the site:

Save $50 when you buy this discounted package that features a PlayStation 3 console with a 360GB hard drive and a high-definition Blu-ray Disc player, Killzone 2 game, Call of Duty: Black Ops game, two DualShock 3 wireless controllers, a Bluetooth headset and an HDMI cable.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Pl...?id=pcmprd150900050002&skuId=9999150900050002

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Pl...?id=pcmprd150900050003&skuId=9999150900050003

[quote name='icewolf74']NewEgg is a reputable site/business. They used to have B&M stores back in the 80s and 90s, but closed them down for some reason. I guess they're online now. In 2009, I ordered a 500 gig harddrive for my last PS3 from them and it came fast and packed well. Although, the harddrive itself came packed in a small box in a bubble wrapped envelope sitting in a bunch of bubble wrap as cushion and not a cardboard box or plastic box like if you were to buy from Best Buy or Target. However, the harddrive worked and I was happy.

I know a harddrive is not the same as a PS3 system, but take my recommendation as you will. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will try to be patient and see what else comes!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I wonder why BestBuy.com has it saying 360GB then it says 320GB? If this is true or they bring a 360GB to E3, I will....... L..M..F..A..O..!!!!
From the site:
Save $50 when you buy this discounted package that features a PlayStation 3 console with a 360GB hard drive and a high-definition Blu-ray Disc player, Killzone 2 game, Call of Duty: Black Ops game, two DualShock 3 wireless controllers, a Bluetooth headset and an HDMI cable.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Pl...?id=pcmprd150900050002&skuId=9999150900050002
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Pl...?id=pcmprd150900050003&skuId=9999150900050003[/QUOTE]
the 360 GB PS3 on BB.com is an error I believe there was a 360 rumor before the 320 was announced but all that turned out to be was a x360 fanboy.

[quote name='Enuf']the 360 GB PS3 on BB.com is an error I believe there was a 360 rumor before the 320 was announced but all that turned out to be was a x360 fanboy.[/QUOTE]

When I called and asked the lady, I was like....The overview says 360GB, but the features portion says 320GB.

She said, it's 360GB.

I said, are you sure?

She said, I have the SKU (or something of that nature) and it says 360GB.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']When I called and asked the lady, I was like....The overview says 360GB, but the features portion says 320GB.
She said, it's 360GB.
I said, are you sure?
She said, I have the SKU (or something of that nature) and it says 360GB.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't be the 1st BB mistake but there's 3 things that don't add up.
1-they have both 320 & 360 listed like you said
2-there's never been a 360 released by Sony
3-looking at all their avail. consoles there's no 360 listed as a stand alone console only in the bundles even the refurbished ones.

[quote name='Enuf']huh? Say the price drop is $100 you'd rather pay $300 & get a $50 gc plus buy a 500 gb HD instead of paying $200 or $250 for the 500 GB one?[/QUOTE]

To me it just seems like a rather unlikely "what if" situation where Sony would both drop the price by 1/3 and double the HDD space. I guess we'll all know next month.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']When I called and asked the lady, I was like....The overview says 360GB, but the features portion says 320GB.

She said, it's 360GB.

I said, are you sure?

She said, I have the SKU (or something of that nature) and it says 360GB.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't take that as proof there's a new model. At the store they seem to just use a modified version of the website to look up inventory which could be what that lady was looking at. If that was the case, it would say the exact same thing you read on the website.

When I think about it, it does make sense that a 360GB would be on Sony's site.

Either way, they should stop adding hard drives and drop the prices. They'd sell more of everything.

[quote name='Thrinn']To me it just seems like a rather unlikely "what if" situation where Sony would both drop the price by 1/3 and double the HDD space. I guess we'll all know next month.[/QUOTE]

Both scenarios follow their history
haven't all their ps3 price drops been $100? The smaller $20-$50 ones don't happen until the system is already at $200. Everytime they drop the price there's another larger sku added. If you compare the large HD gig amounts in sequence 250, 320, 500, 750 & 1 TB.

The leaks should be forthcoming shortly since it's the 20th most of the promo materials should be circulating to retailers by months end.

bread's done
Back