50% more trade in credit at gamestop + PUR 10% can be stacked with this

Ray5555

CAGiversary!
I just traded in L.A. noire, and got a 50% trade in credit which brought it to $42.

I don't know if this is nation wide or just my store so YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, picked up a couple of used titles on lunch and the clerk and I were shooting the s**t about getting the most out of the deal, especially with the PUR benefits stacked with it.

I didn't know and I wanted to be safe than sorry. This way I don't hear some guy flip out on me cause his store doesn't have it. But now I'll try and edit the title, thanks guys

I don't know how sorry guys

Any links or documentation for this deal? They just had the 40% extra trade in coupon and now they have a 50% extra...? I couldn't find anything on gamestop's website. Very good deal if true...

[quote name='CaseX']Any links or documentation for this deal? They just had the 40% extra trade in coupon and now they have a 50% extra...? I couldn't find anything on gamestop's website. Very good deal if true...[/QUOTE]

I just got back from trading in l.a. noire for $42. If you want I can take a picture of the reciept.

[quote name='Ray5555']I didn't know and I wanted to be safe than sorry. This way I don't hear some guy flip out on me cause his store doesn't have it. But now I'll try and edit the title, thanks guys

I don't know how sorry guys[/QUOTE]

Edit, Go Advanced, Title can now be changed.

[quote name='Yamato']Edit, Go Advanced, Title can now be changed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help :)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Anyone know if this will stack with the tiered promotion going on right now?[/QUOTE]

No only the 10$ from your PUR card will stack

[quote name='xskaxninjax']This has already been discussed in length over at the Gamestop Trade in thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292073[/QUOTE]

Only recently did they talk about it. with in the last 2 hours, and it is not on the front page (as of posting)

The promo runs from today through 6/12, a week from Sunday. It's for everyone, at every store, but I don't know if they'll have a minimum TIV on this one.

good thing i held off on trading some games in this past weekend. will check it out this weekend.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Anyone know if this will stack with the tiered promotion going on right now?[/QUOTE]

Seriously?!? NO! The only thing that stacks with any trade in promos at GS is PUR.

I really try to not be negative on this board but I can't believe ow many times I read the SAME SHIT over and over. Please be aware of what you are typing and asking over and over and over.

I will shut up now!

Sorry I started typing this a while ago and got caught up with work stuff

[quote name='Ray5555']I didn't know and I wanted to be safe than sorry. This way I don't hear some guy flip out on me cause his store doesn't have it. But now I'll try and edit the title, thanks guys

I don't know how sorry guys[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can understand. There are people on this board will flip out even at the mention of gamestop.

Sweet, going to trade LA Noire right now. Guy on the phone said I'd get about $44. Helps out on my Infamous 2.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but my brain is dead at the moment. But is this 50% trade in credit good for all games traded in or just L.A. Noire? Normally with a deal like this I'd get an email from GS, but I have received nothing from them lately.

Huh, just for this weekend...pretty sweet deal, this is one of the few times it makes going there worth it rather then hitting up Amazon or Best Buy. Although, I will say I have found TiV's at BB that still beat out the 50% extra at Gamestop...

Might have to unload a few older games though. I just picked up Dead Rising 2, I wish I would have waited for this deal to cover the last $8 (used my erewards gift card)...might have to do a return. Also have been wanting a racing game, I'll either try out GRID or pick up Forza 3 again probably.

[quote name='xSiLeNcEx']do this workf for crap 2 dollar games as well lol[/QUOTE]

works for any game they take in normally, despite the value.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Damnit, and Thursday I sent in about $100 worth of TIV games to Amazon.

Had I just waited...[/QUOTE]

I know :bomb:

[quote name='atc250es']La noire ps3 held at 28 base, got 44.80 with pur and 50% trade.[/QUOTE]

price held for the xbox 360 version also, I just got home and can confirm it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']price held for the xbox 360 version also, I just got home and can confirm it.[/QUOTE]

damn $45 for trade in with our pur card and the %50-

im about halfway done with it-might just trade in-n just pick it up later on during a b2g1 somewhere

sure ill find it used for $45-here or at go hasting during their b2g1 free.

and for $90 get 3 newish games-with this $45 trade in covering half of that.

[quote name='youenvy']damn $45 for trade in with our pur card and the %50-

im about halfway done with it-might just trade in-n just pick it up later on during a b2g1 somewhere

sure ill find it used for $45-here or at go hasting during their b2g1 free.

and for $90 get 3 newish games-with this $45 trade in covering half of that.[/QUOTE]
Thats exactly what I did, I'm not finished with it yet but to get $44 for it now was a no brainer for me. I'll just grab it down the road sometime to finish it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Sweet. Dump my retail copies of LBP and Infamous today.[/QUOTE]

I second this!

Traded in bunch of stuff including la noire for 44. Going towards PS3 e3 pricedrop fund. Also GS employee told me they had a mysterios ps3 500GB bundle with 2 controllers and a game in system for preorder that came out in three days but then it was quickly took out of system.

Hmmm, that is tempting to trade in LA Noire. I havent even touched it tho.

To the people who traded in the PS3 version, did you keep the Consuls Car DLC?

[quote name='Abeja']Hmmm, that is tempting to trade in LA Noire. I havent even touched it tho.

To the people who traded in the PS3 version, did you keep the Consuls Car DLC?[/QUOTE]

when trading in, all you need is the disc for games. if the case is in meh condition that gets traded in as well

[quote name='Velo214']hmm. i got la noire for 35, should i go and trade it in for 45? id rather at least open it and put it in my ps3 first tho :)[/QUOTE]

you got a couple days til' the promo ends.

Play it and trade it!

[quote name='aznhero913']you got a couple days til' the promo ends.

Play it and trade it![/QUOTE]Although there's time before the promo ends, the TIV for L.A. Noire might fall before then if a lot of copies are traded in, so there's that risk.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']when trading in, all you need is the disc for games. if the case is in meh condition that gets traded in as well[/QUOTE]

Yeah I knew you could keep the code and stuff. Just curious what people did. I may try to sell the Consuls Car DLC and buy LA Noire later.

Had no idea that you could trade in games without the cases (shoulda figured with all those crappy GS cases that come online) so I went in with a stack of older games I had in a steel book. Traded in twenty 2-3 year old games, plus a few DS games I'll never play again for like $105, ended up grabbing the Sports Champion Bundle for $100 (no Fry's here fml) and the GS employee was actually lookin out for me and mentioned that he thought I should also get a $25 dollar Gift card with the Move bundle which ended up being true so I grabbed a used Nav controller with the few extra bucks from the trade, and the bonus $25 card. Happened to grab Dead Space 2 CE too, so played a little bit of Dead Space Extraction which is pretty fun so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']Had no idea that you could trade in games without the cases (shoulda figured with all those crappy GS cases that come online) so I went in with a stack of older games I had in a steel book. Traded in twenty 2-3 year old games, plus a few DS games I'll never play again for like $105, ended up grabbing the Sports Champion Bundle for $100 (no Fry's here fml) and the GS employee was actually lookin out for me and mentioned that he thought I should also get a $25 dollar Gift card with the Move bundle which ended up being true so I grabbed a used Nav controller with the few extra bucks from the trade, and the bonus $25 card. Happened to grab Dead Space 2 CE too, so played a little bit of Dead Space Extraction which is pretty fun so far.[/QUOTE]

What is this giftcard you speak of?

I trade games into Game Stop about once a century. I see they have this 50% added value. Do I need the original case / artwork to get full value?

bread's done
Back