50% off all games at DVD Empire

smashthesymbols

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
DVD Empire is closing their games division. They explain all the problems on the link below, basically they just can't make any money off it.

Currently all games and what little hardware they sell are 20% 50% off. This includes PS3 (they only have 1 game though), 360 and Wii, as well as the older systems.

I have no idea how these prices compare to other places, and the selection seems small, but I thought I'd point it out. I'll leave it up to others to post any good deals that may be had. They do accept GCO so this may be stackable with that deal.

Explanation
Games List

50% off would be great if the prices were 50% off the current MSRP. Mario Strikers for example is $24.99 when it should be $14.99 since the MSRP is $29.99

[quote name='YoshiFan1']50% off would be great if the prices were 50% off the current MSRP. Mario Strikers for example is $24.99 when it should be $14.99 since the MSRP is $29.99[/quote]
Too true. Some of those games now have a cheaper list price than their sale price.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']50% off would be great if the prices were 50% off the current MSRP. Mario Strikers for example is $24.99 when it should be $14.99 since the MSRP is $29.99[/quote]

I used the $10 google checkout and got it for $17.02 shipped. Not bad at all. I figure it will go down some more, but I didn't want to risk them running out.

[quote name='lobitoh']has anyone purchased with gco at this store.....?
I get errors when trying to checkout[/quote]
I did 10 minutes ago. You'll need a different CC if you've used the one you're using now at GCO before.

[quote name='ooga']I used the $10 google checkout and got it for $17.02 shipped. Not bad at all. I figure it will go down some more, but I didn't want to risk them running out.[/quote]

You made the right choice. It's gone now. I guess I shouldn't have gambled on it staying in stock for the next drop.

[quote name='polaricecaves']Spikeout: Battle Street !

i sold this game when it came out for like 60 bucks when it came out
now it's $15[/quote]

That is the only think I saw that interested me besides the Xbox version of King of Fighters: Maximum Impact.

What is funny, if I haven't missed this being said already, is "the 50% off all games" sale is "all games" their are Wii/Xbox360/Gamecube/PS2 games not mark down at all. Seems like alot fo teh 50% sale games are the one TRU and CC had at this price over the past 2 christmas clearances.

[quote name='mercilessming']What is funny, if I haven't missed this being said already, is "the 50% off all games" sale is "all games" their are Wii/Xbox360/Gamecube/PS2 games not mark down at all. Seems like alot fo teh 50% sale games are the one TRU and CC had at this price over the past 2 christmas clearances.[/quote]

Look closer. The ones you're seeing with no discount are also listed as "on order", which means they're sold out already and will likely be deleted eventually. When they started this at 20% they had a bunch of Wii games discounted but they didn't last long and now aren't even shown on the site at all.

[quote name='smashthesymbols']Look closer. The ones you're seeing with no discount are also listed as "on order", which means they're sold out already and will likely be deleted eventually. When they started this at 20% they had a bunch of Wii games discounted but they didn't last long and now aren't even shown on the site at all.[/quote]

Actually most of the games are just hitting current retail prices with the 50% off. All of the 360 games that are remaining are the same price (Before GCO) as they are at stores like circuit city and even new at ebgames: (Ex: X-Men for 360 is 29.99 after the 50% of. It is 29.99 everywhere now)

[quote name='duckydan']Actually most of the games are just hitting current retail prices with the 50% off. All of the 360 games that are remaining are the same price (Before GCO) as they are at stores like circuit city and even new at ebgames: (Ex: X-Men for 360 is 29.99 after the 50% of. It is 29.99 everywhere now)[/quote]

Oh, I'm not disputing that. Some of these prices still suck even at 50% off. I was just pointing out to him why some don't show a discount and explaining that Wii, PS3, etc were included in the sale at one point.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if it's "On Order" I can still get it, right?[/quote]

I doubt it. The whole point is that they're not ordering more. "On Order" is probably a site-wide automatic status whenever something is sold out.

just bought 3 xbox360 headsets for 20.00$ shipped, THANKS CAG!

Considering I go through 3 a year with repairs(super glue) this is awesome, this will give me one more year of voice!

[quote name='Vegan']I doubt it. The whole point is that they're not ordering more. "On Order" is probably a site-wide automatic status whenever something is sold out.[/quote]
Not only that, but when someone is listed as "On Order" you can't add it to your cart. So no, you definitely can't get it. I wouldn't expect anything listed as "On Order" to be available again.

Our video game division will be shut down this Friday, February 9th. All remaining games will be donated to the Mars Youth Home in Mars, PA. We would like to thank our customers for their understanding and for supporting our decision. We are sad to see it go.
Today is the final day. No more price drops.

In other words, if any CAG orders a game today then he'll be taking that game away from a poor Mars Youth Home kid in Mars, PA. Ouch!

[quote name='rowe']In other words, if any CAG orders a game today then he'll be taking that game away from a poor Mars Youth Home kid in Mars, PA. Ouch![/quote]

They should give at some of the stuff to Venus, PA....

bread's done
Back