50% off all ps1 games @ circuitcity.com ($7.49 Final Fantasy VII)

nice find...ive heard good things about omega boost from a few people on here b4, too bad i cant find anything else to bring my order to qualify for free shipping....the only other game that i want is CTR and thats sold out....i actually like this game more than Mario Kart, but thats just me

i wonder if this is in store as well...the CCs around me still have quite a selection on ps1 games

Omega Boost and FF7 really are the only good games there that aren't sold out. I'll pass on this deal since I can't seem to find anything worth $25 to get free shipping.

The Half Off Sale is also in store as well but it is not tagged
some don't know so just have the associate scan the games to find out how much they are

I dont know if this is really a new sale. I have seen the prices on these games since the last CC $5 sale. I remember Omega Boost and FF 7 and 8 were already at that price. I dont mean to sound like a thread crapper, I just thought this was common knowledge. Guess I was wrong, Nice post though OP.

The picture they show for FF7 is the non-GH. I know it is a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be awesome if that's what they actually sent?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']nice find...ive heard good things about omega boost from a few people on here b4, too bad i cant find anything else to bring my order to qualify for free shipping....the only other game that i want is CTR and thats sold out....i actually like this game more than Mario Kart, but thats just me

i wonder if this is in store as well...the CCs around me still have quite a selection on ps1 games[/quote]

crash team racing is a very good game. i still play it alot.

[quote name='big_squirtle']I dont know if this is really a new sale. I have seen the prices on these games since the last CC $5 sale. I remember Omega Boost and FF 7 and 8 were already at that price. I dont mean to sound like a thread crapper, I just thought this was common knowledge. Guess I was wrong, Nice post though OP.[/quote]

Even at the CC $5 sale last summer, most of those games were priced between 10-15 dollars. No this is brand new. I wonder if this is in-store also, because then I might pick up a couple items.

I wouldn't doubt this works instore and if not just point out its on their website and they'll check it on a sec. I wouldn't mind picking up a few PS1 games at CC, my closest one has tons of Legend of Dragoon for some reason.

O great?! I was just there yesterday, if only if this came earlier I could of checked out. That is if this also applies to the stores.

$4.99 MK Trilogy... that's a good one! Load times are a pain in the ass but this is the greatest of all MK's in my opinion. The GH version actually fixed a bunch of glitches, so that one is preferable.

Yup, this IS in-store. Went to the N. Attleboro, MA CC store and all the PSone games were half-off. They had quite a few FFVII's as well, all GH though. I scored a copy of Umjammer Lammy for $2.49.

Snap. There goes my promise to my fiance not to pick up any more cheapass games this week. Can't resist...FF7 is one of my favorite games.

This site gets me into more trouble than a pocket full of twenties at a nudie bar.

[quote name='phattyphat69']Snap. There goes my promise to my fiance not to pick up any more cheapass games this week. Can't resist...FF7 is one of my favorite games.

This site gets me into more trouble than a pocket full of twenties at a nudie bar.[/quote]
Pocketful of twenties?? Dont you mean dollars? This is CAG! :)

[quote name='addicted2games'][quote name='phattyphat69']Snap. There goes my promise to my fiance not to pick up any more cheapass games this week. Can't resist...FF7 is one of my favorite games.

This site gets me into more trouble than a pocket full of twenties at a nudie bar.[/quote]
Pocketful of twenties?? Dont you mean dollars? This is CAG! :)[/quote]

he has to spend the loot he saves somehow... :twisted:

[quote name='nwaugh']Can someone fill me in on what the difference is between FF7 Greatest Hits and the original version?[/quote]

I believe the only difference is the Greatest Hits banner that appears on the front cover of the CD insert (and possibly the spine of the insert reading greatest hits as well). Some people prefer non-greatest hits because they find the banners obnoxious or they prefer the collector-value of having an early pressing of the game.

[quote name='nwaugh']Can someone fill me in on what the difference is between FF7 Greatest Hits and the original version?[/quote]

one says greatest hits the other one doesnt.

or the gh version is green, while the reg version is black.

Picked up FFVII tonight in store for $7.49 as well. The only other 'good' title that was left is Legend Of Dragoon but I'm not sure that game is worth $8 with tax. Any thoughts?

Thanks OP! I picked up FFVII and TM Small Brawl (hey I like the series and it was 5 bucks) last night. That means I have almost all the PS1 games I want. My CC has the 50% discount advertised in-store.

I think I'll hit up my local CC this evening and see if they have anything interesting. 50% off might be nice, especially if they have more titles than are currently listed on the website (they had way more than that the last time I was in the store)!

[quote name='EddieBelfour'][quote name='nwaugh']Can someone fill me in on what the difference is between FF7 Greatest Hits and the original version?[/quote]

one says greatest hits the other one doesnt.

or the gh version is green, while the reg version is black.[/quote]

Also at least on Final Fantasy 7 I know the greatest hits cd is silver and on the regular edition the discs are white.

Went to the local CC B&M this evening and grabbed:

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 - $4.99
Legend of Dragoon - $7.49

Everything I had them scan was ringing up at half off, so it really does seem that they're totally getting rid of the PSOne titles.

[quote name='The Truth']I thought MK Trilogy was one of the games that would not play on any PS2. Can anyone substantiate this?[/quote]

no ive played it before on my ps2....im going to pick it up ust because im a mk freak...but i still love my n64 version

[quote name='fivecardstud']now they need to sell the PSOne itself at %50 off...[/quote]

agreed!!

and they didnt have mk for store pickup so i ordered it alone....total was 7.33

[quote name='guessed']The picture they show for FF7 is the non-GH. I know it is a pipe dream, but wouldn't it be awesome if that's what they actually sent?[/quote]

I can confirm that your pipe-dream is just that. Got my GH FF7 today, as well as the extra that I bought to keep sealed which was also GH.

I confirmed all these at work today.

$2.49

Ball Breakers
Celebrity Deathmatch
Gex III: Deep Cover Gecko
Madden NFL 2000
N2O
NHL Faceoff 2000
NHL Rock the Rink
Rocket Power
Slots
South Park: Chef's Luv Shack
Tomb Raider 2 GH
Tony Hawk 3
WCW Backstage Assault
WWF Smackdown
Xena: Warrior Princess
value program 9.99 UPC 780332059869

$3.98

value bin $9.99 UPC 658517596365

$4.49

All-Star Racing

$4.99

101 Dalmations 2
Atari Anniversary Edition
C-12: Final Resistance
Crash Bandicoot GH
Crash Bandicoot 2 GH
Driver GH
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Omega Boost
Twisted Metal: Small Brawl
value program $14.99 UPC 780332059845

$7.49

Crash Bandicoot 3 GH
Crash Bash GH
Crash Team Racing GH
Dragonball Z: Final Bout
Final Fantasy VII GH
Gran Turismo 2 GH
Namco Museum 3
Spyro: Year of the Dragon GH

$8.48

NBA Shootout 2004
NFL Gameday 2004

$9.99

MLB 2005

$12.48

Madden NFL 2004
Nascar Thunder 2004

$14.99

NFL Gameday 2005

Does anyone know when this deal ends? I won't be back in town until late Saturday night and I'll definitely pick up a copy of FFVII if this discount doesn't disappear on Sunday.

[quote name='wEEman33']Does anyone know when this deal ends? I won't be back in town until late Saturday night and I'll definitely pick up a copy of FFVII if this discount doesn't disappear on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

On the tags in store I am pretty sure that the sale end date was 05/01/05.

I'll add in to this and let you folks know that this sale is indeed for both online and instore. CC is no longer going to be carrying PS1 stuff henseforth this sale.

I picked up:

Legend of Dragoon - $7.49
Warriors of Might and Magic - $2.49
Street Fighter EX 2 - $2.48 ( I was quite surprised they had a copy of this!)

bread's done
Back