50% off anime BR's @ Amazon

rmb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
I know anime BR's tend to be spendy so figured I'd throw this up for those interested. (ripped from sd) Amazon has the following blu's discounted:

LINKY

Ghost in the Shell 2.0 $29.97 $13.99
Samurai Champloo: The Complete Series $79.98 $38.99
Shigurui: Death Frenzy Complete Box Set [Blu-ray] $44.98 $19.99
Witchblade: The Complete Series $79.98 $38.49
Gunslinger Girl: The complete First Season $59.98 $29.99
Samurai 7 - Box Set $69.98 $34.99
Devil May Cry: The Complete Series $59.98 $29.49
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Box Set $69.98 $32.49
Dead Space: Downfall [Blu-ray] + Digital Copy $34.98 $13.99
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE: Season 1 $59.98 $29.99
Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles $29.98 $14.99

I don't watch much of this so can't vouch for if it is any good but I know the prices seem pretty good for many of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to have them listed in one shot, though most have been at these prices consistently such as Shigurui and Witchblade, both of which I've had in and out of cart indecisively.

Others like Gunslinger Girl actually went up recently. The preorder was $27.99 @ Amazon for a while. I did pick that one up, though instead for $24.99 at TRSI (a $5 Blu-ray coupon worked on it during a very short window of time...).

The DMC deal looks like a newish drop.

Is this like BBs mega Anime clearance sale they had this time last year? When is that sale coming back? They were all on dvd and not blu-ray but it was a sick deal on boxsets.

Want Full Metal Panic! TSR on blu-ray, but already own the regular DVD set. Will buy once it's $29.99 or $24.99. *fingers crossed*

It's worth mentioning that Funimation did a great job with the release--at least the DVD one. Really loved the booklets included in the DVD set; it included obscure information about various facets of the series.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I would've been more stoked to see Gundam Unicorn up there, if it is a pre-order. Aw well...[/QUOTE]

That's the same thing I was thinking. $35 a pop is hard to swallow, and something tells me that after Amazons exclusive two months is up the price is going to come down to something more reasonable. I'd consider getting Samurai 7, but with all the games and movies I've been getting lately I don't have the time or money to afford it. Considering canceling my Unicorn pre-order because of lack of money.

[quote name='Trudy']Want Full Metal Panic! TSR on blu-ray, but already own the regular DVD set. Will buy once it's $29.99 or $24.99. *fingers crossed*

It's worth mentioning that Funimation did a great job with the release--at least the DVD one. Really loved the booklets included in the DVD set; it included obscure information about various facets of the series.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the first release or the remastered release? If you have the first one with its notoriously bad picture quality it's probably worth it to get the Bluray version.

[quote name='GenPirate']Samurai Champloo is very tempting at that price, argh![/QUOTE]

It just came out on Blu in December so that is a great price.

[quote name='DariusWIND']That's the same thing I was thinking. $35 a pop is hard to swallow, and something tells me that after Amazons exclusive two months is up the price is going to come down to something more reasonable. I'd consider getting Samurai 7, but with all the games and movies I've been getting lately I don't have the time or money to afford it. Considering canceling my Unicorn pre-order because of lack of money.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Bandai anime Blu-Rays do not drop in price. Bandai keeps them at/near the Japanese price, which doesn't fly over here. The best deal you'll get is through a third-party seller who discounts them several months down the line - that's how I get Wings of Honneamise for a less insane price.

[quote name='exRounder']thanks

i guess it is still too much to ask to get a cheap akira bd...[/QUOTE]

I waited forever for the price of Akira to drop. I got it for like $12 used when gohastings had their sale. Other than that, the cheapest I have seen it is $30.

bread's done
Back