$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt they can easily afford to drop the PS4 price by 50 bucks. They may do it, but I guarantee it's not something they'd like to do. The last thing they want to do is get in a pricing war, especially with their financial situation. They'd have to make sure that they sell enough systems that it boosts their other products' and services' sales (PS+ subscriptions, game royalties and sales, etc) to warrant the drop, otherwise they are digging a deeper hole overall.
market share is a hell of a thing

Guess I got lucky. Decided to email bestbuy earlier and they would apply an allowance of $50 to my account. Whether that is a gift card or to my credit card is unsure but either way I couldn't have asked for better support.
Gonna try this! I paid in full the other day on my Credit Card and was told to bring back my Mover's Coupon and 3X Rewards Coupon at pick up to have those adjusted in the final cost. Maybe, since I haven't actually had those applied I can get all three applied!

i remember a few months back, some cag posters said titanfall xbox one bundle for $399.99 was going to be the cheapest xbox one bundles of any kind that was going to get in terms of price. not even black friday deals for xbox one bundle is going to be better. well, look at it now, it is not even black friday yet, and xbox one bundle is discounted to $349.99. i can totally see microsoft  or select retailers throwing in one or two digital games with the $349.99 price tag for black friday bundles without kinect.

I called my gamestop tonight, they werent sure on how they were going to handle the return/rebuy. Sounded like he was suggesting i leave it there until sunday and that it will be fine there till then. I am probably going to pick it up tomorrow and just never open it and then return and rebuy on sunday, seems safer.
Went don't you just do as he says? You save yourself a second trip to GS.

i remember a few months back, some cag posters said titanfall xbox one bundle for $399.99 was going to be the cheapest xbox one bundles of any kind that was going to get in terms of price. not even black friday deals for xbox one bundle is going to be better. well, look at it now, it is not even black friday yet, and xbox one bundle is discounted to $349.99. i can totally see microsoft or select retailers throwing in one or two digital games with the $349.99 price tag for black friday bundles without kinect.
Yeah but that was probably when no one believed kinect bundle would of been dropped as MS kept saying they won't drop the Kinect.

They only give 48 hours for pickup so it sounds risky to wait 5 days instead of 2, especially on an item with (I imagine) high demand.
Right my problem with the suggestion is they are not actually responsible for holding it that long, so I am just kinda taking a random employees advice, he could turn around and sell it on Friday and tell me I'm shit out of luck.

Yeah but that was probably when no one believed kinect bundle would of been dropped as MS kept saying they won't drop the Kinect.
i would only pick up a xbox one when they do a redesign to decrease the size, so much horror stories with the vcr size xbox one with disk drive issues. even the ps4 scares me with the blue light of death, but i really don't know how much smaller can ps4 be made without overheating issues.

Right my problem with the suggestion is they are not actually responsible for holding it that long, so I am just kinda taking a random employees advice, he could turn around and sell it on Friday and tell me I'm shit out of luck.
the deal /promotion for $50 dollars off starts on november 2? right? buy it tomorrow, take it home, and keep it unopened, then bring it back to store for a return and rebuy. i have done it a few times, they just rang up the transaction as price matching/ price adjustment. LOL but you have to keep the console bundle sealed/ unopened

Disc drive issues were only that batch of Madden consoles I haven't heard anything about it since August.

Honestly I'm not sure why people complain about the size of the Xbox One. Sure it's larger than the PS4, but it also runs cooler and a lot quieter than my PS4.

the deal /promotion for $50 dollars off starts on november 2? right? buy it tomorrow, take it home, and keep it unopened, then bring it back to store for a return and rebuy. i have done it a few times, they just rang up the transaction as price matching/ price adjustment. LOL but you have to keep the console bundle sealed/ unopened
That's what I figured would be the plan of action, thanks for the input y'all.

Disc drive issues were only that batch of Madden consoles I haven't heard anything about it since August.

Honestly I'm not sure why people complain about the size of the Xbox One. Sure it's larger than the PS4, but it also runs cooler and a lot quieter than my PS4.
Honestly, I probably wouldn't complain about the size if they didn't also have that external massive power brick. I understand external power brick helps it keep cool but then what the hell did they put in the internals that would take up so much space as oppose to the PS4? They both still fit in my media console slot but dayuuuum.

Do price drops count as sales/promotions at Best Buy? I'm wondering if it'll be possible to use the 10% movers coupon I've been sitting on (sorry if this has already been asked)

it is just purely preference, since i don't live in a huge mansion. i live a some what some would consider average- small apartment. i need all the space all i can get. while i was cleaning over the weekend, i found around 50 phyical games with xbox 360/ps3 combine, i could of sworn, i traded it in around 30 some games, when gamestop had the gamestop 50% trade in coupon. so i should only have around 20 some what games. it seems like everytime i get rid of some games, more games appears out of thin air like magic.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't complain about the size if they didn't also have that external massive power brick. I understand external power brick helps it keep cool but then what the hell did they put in the internals that would take up so much space as oppose to the PS4? They both still fit in my media console slot but dayuuuum.
i also hate the size of the power brick too,

it is just purely preference, since i don't live in a huge mansion. i live a some what some would consider average- small apartment. i need all the space all i can get. while i was cleaning over the weekend, i found around 50 phyical games with xbox 360/ps3 combine, i could of sworn, i traded it in around 30 some games, when gamestop had the gamestop 50% trade in coupon. so i should only have around 20 some what games. it seems like everytime i get rid of some games, more games appears out of thin air like magic.
lol Sounds like a good problem to have.

I been wondering this as well but I haven't got a answer
the coupon stacks with the sale price, but some employees are told by corporate not to stack promotions with coupon. it could be a ymmv experience depending on the employee you get.

The price drop isn't considered a promotion so the movers coupon will stack on top of it.
Also yes Dawg Pound all of Microsoft's bundles only offer digital games.

The price drop isn't considered a promotion so the movers coupon will stack on top of it.
i wonder how much it cost to print those codes on paper, as oppose to give free physical games in disc form

Either way it's a good deal (essentially the 10% off coupon into play) but the Sunset Overdrive bundle at $315 or the COD Bundle at $400? That's a no brainer
doesn't xbox one allow external storage. if it was me i would get sunset overdrive bundle, and with the money saved get some physical games. i am wondering whether the sso white bundle will have an effect on the white employee only console price

If gamestop actually lowers the sunset overdrive bundle tomorrow I might have to try and get it. Sadly I don't think I can find enough to trade in to cover the whole cost lol

I actually really like the white, but it would stand out like a sore thumb since I have a black Wii U, PS4, 360, PS3, TV, and speaker. :\
I don't understand people who try to match all of their home electronics. All I can imagine is you guys sitting out the Dreamcast, one of the best systems ever, because it didn't match your arbitrary and irrelevant color preference.

If gamestop actually lowers the sunset overdrive bundle tomorrow I might have to try and get it. Sadly I don't think I can find enough to trade in to cover the whole cost lol
didn''t you just go crazy flipping at gs, and got a temp trade ban?

didn''t you just go crazy flipping at gs, and got a temp trade ban?
Well, I traded in 4 xbox 360 power bricks and got "member update" on my account but ive been told thats nothing. I havent done a trade since then do no idea if ive been temp banned but I doubt it.

I don't understand people who try to match all of their home electronics. All I can imagine is you guys sitting out the Dreamcast, one of the best systems ever, because it didn't match your arbitrary and irrelevant color preference.
There's a difference in avoiding a console entirely and choosing a color. I mean, that's like saying because you don't want to paint your walls purple, you don't want to paint them at all.

Personally, I can't stand the white Xbox (as I've said in the past). If I hadn't already gotten my One, I'd rather get the Assassin's Creed bundle and buy Sunset Overdrive separately, and I don't even intend to get Assassin's Creed at all.

Also, the one downside to this deal: We were all thinking that Microsoft realized that a $100 premium for a HDD boost was a silly pricing maneuver, yet the price drop on all consoles means that gap is back.

Damn. I really need to get my self over to Best Buy.

Does anyone (i.e. someone who works at BB) know if the Sunset Overdrive Bundle will be $350 tomorrow? It's the only bundle not reflecting the price drop

IIRC Dreamcast had a black version released also (a sports bundle maybe?)

Personally I think the white console looks great. I'd get one if not for the fact that my current system isn't worth enough trade in credit for me to consider the difference worth it.

Damn I hope the 500 gb 360 bundle can get a nice price drop too.

99 bucks might be too low for them tho.

Personally I think the white console looks great. I'd get one if not for the fact that my current system isn't worth enough trade in credit for me to consider the difference worth it.
I got the white ps4 and that thing is beautiful, I was considering trading in my black X1 for the white SO bundle but Im just going to stick with it and save some cash. Both white consoles look amazing.

I got the white ps4 and that thing is beautiful, I was considering trading in my black X1 for the white SO bundle but Im just going to stick with it and save some cash. Both white consoles look amazing.
That's normally the way it goes, last gen when everything launched in white people wanted black, this gen everything launches in black and everyone wants white lol,I wasn't expecting different color consoles this early on through

That's normally the way it goes, last gen when everything launched in white people wanted black, this gen everything launches in black and everyone wants white lol,I wasn't expecting different color consoles this early on through
It's not the same white though. It has a different premium look and feel to it, imho.

I'm going to hold off until Black Friday. My game backlog is to big to buy one on the 2nd. Hopefully retailers will greasen the pot a little more and then I'll bite.

It's not the same white though. It has a different premium look and feel to it, imho.
No, the glossy consoles have a fingerprint-and-dust look to them. Gloss looks great in a closed box or controlled environment. However, that crap is scratch-, dust-, and print-prone as all get out in the real world. I mean, I couldn't get my One out of the box without prints and crap on it, and with pets in the house, it's IMPOSSIBLE to keep it dust-free for more than 12 minutes. That's why I hate gloss, forever and always.

bread's done
Back