$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha. It pays to go to the MS store for game launches! Went and showed up at 11:50 and as I walked in the lady mentioned that I just made it for the final raffle. I asked what it was and she whispered "an xbox one". At that point i looked down at the punch bowl and saw there were only 7 other tickets in there. They had about 12 to start but had done other raffles earlier for an xbox live card, t-shirt, games etc, leaving the few left..and me! They did the drawing at midnight and I won. A couple people groaned cause they had gotten there at 10 for the event. I couldn't believe it. Literally the last person to show up and I win the white edition console, which i really wanted anyways!! I also stayed so long filling out a promo thing for winning the prize that everyone had cleared out and they had all this food left. So they gave me about 15 gourmet cupcakes that I can bring home to my wonderful fiance. #winning Just thought i'd share, i've never won anything in my life. Thought it was an entertaining story haha.
I gotta start going to these things

Glad I waited a year to pull the trigger on moving to the next gen. I really think Kinect is too gimmicky and not worth the $100 premium price. Saved myself $150 and got 2 free AC games to boot.

Problem is that I still have some 360 games to finish. Guess I'll be dual weilding for a while.

Glad I waited a year to pull the trigger on moving to the next gen. I really think Kinect is too gimmicky and not worth the $100 premium price. Saved myself $150 and got 2 free AC games to boot. Problem is that I still have some 360 games to finish. Guess I'll be dual weilding for a while.
I just bought Borderlands the Pre-Sequel and plan on spending lots of time with it in the future. You gotta do, what you gotta do.

I just checked my Target and Walmart and neither have the SO bundle and its not in stock on Amazon. I'm not convinced it exists.

Since when did consoles become about graphics and resolution? The PS3 was more powerful last gen too. It's all about the games and Microsoft has way more exclusives this holiday. Sony consoles are almost never worth owning in the beginning.
1. The PS3 also used an atypical CPU, which made it tougher to code for. This time, the manufacturers opted to each use the same parts (and a familiar x86 architecture, for that matter), so power differences are VERY easy to see, from a capability standpoint.

What is it, 3 exclusives to 1? It's not exactly "way more."

YMMV but neither Walmart, Target or Kmart had the SSO bundle. Take it for what it's worth, as the employees at those stores aren't great.... but the only place locally that had one was Best Buy (I didn't check TRU; Both GS only had enough for preorders with one left over that was claimed at store opening).

I bought the one at BB for my brother and didn't use a Mover's coupon because I figured I'd present one when I went back next week to PM the $350 temporary price cut. Is that the correct way to go about it? Someone said that you'd need another coupon to get the 10% off after the PM if you initially used one. I bought a few other things (movie and CD) on the same receipt... will they let me get 10% off everything along with the PM when I go back next week?

[quote name="Rozz" post="12190320" timestamp="1414503310"]He's counting the Master Chief collection as four separate games.[/quote]

For me it's about enjoy the console and it's games. The games I prefer to play are on the Xbox.

People who claim to see the difference between 900 and 1080 are just fooling themselves.

I was in a high end home theater shop looking for some new gear and got into this debate. They had a PS4 and One connected to one of their displays.

Same game on different consoles. 60" display. You have to be on top of the display to see what minor differences there really are.

Sony will no doubt bring some amazing bundle come black Friday, I could see a price cut and either a game or gift card to go with it.  heck a GTA V bundle for $400 would kill!  I know my brother-in-law has been eyeing a PS4(Been an xbox gamer his whole life but has loved what he has seen from my PS4 and loves the last of us) that he would definitely pick up a GTA bundle

For me it's about enjoy the console and it's games. The games I prefer to play are on the Xbox.

People who claim to see the difference between 900 and 1080 are just fooling themselves.

I was in a high end home theater shop looking for some new gear and got into this debate. They had a PS4 and One connected to one of their displays.

Same game on different consoles. 60" display. You have to be on top of the display to see what minor differences there really are.
I refuse to play any game under 1080p/60 FPS.

Those acting like the exclusives aren't heavily favored for X1:are just fooling them selves. I have both and would love to have something to play on my ps4 but there just isn't anything on it. I feel bad for ps4 owners at this point, it sucks.

Dead Rising 3 still beats any exclusive for the ps4, minus tlou but that's really a ps3 game. Hate all you want but the X1 right now it's vastly superior to the ps4. It just is

I just got back from gamestop to pick up my SO bundle, i asked the clerk if i can come back on Sunday and do a return/re-buy she said yeah and to just bring my receipt, i also asked her if i needed to bring the console with me she said no. You guys think its safe to open the box now or should wait until Sunday?

I was at Bestbuy trading in some games and this employee was lying to a customer that X1 has better graphics than PS4.  I felt sorry for the customer.

I just got back from gamestop to pick up my SO bundle, i asked the clerk if i can come back on Sunday and do a return/re-buy she said yeah and to just bring my receipt, i also asked her if i needed to bring the console with me she said no. You guys think its safe to open the box now or should wait until Sunday?
It's safer to wait to open it, just to be sure.

Those acting like the exclusives aren't heavily favored for X1:are just fooling them selves. I have both and would love to have something to play on my ps4 but there just isn't anything on it. I feel bad for ps4 owners at this point, it sucks.

Dead Rising 3 still beats any exclusive for the ps4, minus tlou but that's really a ps3 game. Hate all you want but the X1 right now it's vastly superior to the ps4. It just is
Yeah for now it's pretty lopsided. Once I beat Infamous Second Son and First Light it's pretty barren. I freaking can't wait to play forza tonight. This stupid shift needs to be over. BTW do I really have to dl 22gb of Sunset Overddrive before I can even play it?

Let's be serious. How many of the so called "good exclusives" that MS has put out do you guys think will eventually be ported over? 

They should just put timed in front of any "exclusive" that isn't made by MS

Let's be serious. How many of the so called "good exclusives" that MS has put out do you guys think will eventually be ported over?

Honestly both have a handful of exclusives but, nothing really to pick one over the other. Personally Halo 2 is my favorite game of all time and I'm buying an x1 in the hopes of halo 5 being as good. But, last gen introduced Uncharted, Infamous, and killzone so I definitely need both.

Honestly both have a handful of exclusives but, nothing really to pick one over the other. Personally Halo 2 is my favorite game of all time and I'm buying an x1 in the hopes of halo 5 being as good. But, last gen introduced Uncharted, Infamous, and killzone so I definitely need both.
Yeah... need to be patient and give studios and developers at least 2 years before you make a judgement one way or the other. Their should be enough annuals (AC, COD, etc.) to keep people busy until then.

Opinion isn't fact my friend, never has been lol

Honestly if we're talking about exclusives the Wii U is looking like a better offer than both the XB1 and PS4 when it comes to quality exclusives.

Bayonetta 1 & 2

Smash Bros.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 8

Wonderful 101

Hyrule Warriors

To be even more honest unless you're going to hyped for Little Big Planet 3 or want to play other thirty party games at a higher quality then get a Playstation 4. Otherwise pick up a XB1 this winter and sell it when the price goes back up. The console will hold its value and you'll get a free XB1 for the winter to play Sunset Overdrive and the Halo games.

In February you can buy Bloodboune, The Order, and The Witcher 3 for the PS4.

They only give 48 hours for pickup so it sounds risky to wait 5 days instead of 2, especially on an item with (I imagine) high demand.
The 48 hour hold is only when you don't bother checking in with your store. Stores are always flexible about holding items for you so long as you tell them.

LaEzmolrKC.gif

Let the fanboy arguments commence... this thread definitely lasted longer then most thought

Console exclusive will still be console exclusive. I imagine Sunset Overdrive will come to PC, but Microsoft may have locked he chances of a PS4 version since they did pay for the development of the game.

LaEzmolrKC.gif

Let the fanboy arguments commence... this thread definitely lasted longer then most thought
I like how you agree with Strait that opinion doesn't equal fact then you go and post this crap.

Stop trying to start a fanboy way here. You clearly don't think someone's opinion is a fact so don't get all tightened up over it...

Console exclusive will still be console exclusive. I imagine Sunset Overdrive will come to PC, but Microsoft may have locked he chances of a PS4 version since they did pay for the development of the game.
Didn't people say the same thing for Mass Effect and Bioshock? Just saying, when it comes to Microsoft, nothing is a true exclusive unless it is completely first party... Not trying to start a console war, simply stating a fact based on history. Doesn't mean for sure SSO would ever come over, simply saying never say never. In no way am I holding out hope.

I'm not saying that a ps4 version would be made but Microsoft doesn't own the rights to the ip so anything can happen. As a long time isomniac supporter since the spyro the dragon days I'd 100% welcome this game on ps4 (don't lie fanboy you would like to play it to like i do lol)

I applaud games like Sunset Overdrive. I wish more of these creative, imaginative type of games were made. I hope it's successful so that we voters encourage newer and fresher IPs to come.

I'm not saying that a ps4 version would be made but Microsoft doesn't own the rights to the ip so anything can happen. As a long time isomniac supporter since the spyro the dragon days I'd 100% welcome this game on ps4 (don't lie fanboy you would like to play it to like i do lol)
I agree but also just because they don't own the ip doesn't mean there itself something else in the way if it coming to ps4, like a contract stating "you keep the rights to the ip for future games but you make SSO lifetine console exclusive to Xbox one", kind of like with titanfall, afterall I think they did pick up the check for it

Best my "Console war" comment was you getting also pissy because someone posted a negative OPINION of your PlayStation 4.
I'm not sure how you can essentially say their opinion doesn't matter and then still get upset about it..

Anything could happen to Sunset Overdrive, but from what we've seen with Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall all of those are third party games Microsoft no doubt funded in some form, but we've yet to even hear anything about a PS4 version.
I mean Sony openly turned Insomniac away (They went to Sony before Microsoft) so it would be even more strange for the game to release on the PS4.

Best my "Console war" comment was you getting also pissy because someone posted a negative OPINION of your PlayStation 4.
I'm not sure how you can essentially say their opinion doesn't matter and then still get upset about it..

Anything could happen to Sunset Overdrive, but from what we've seen with Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and Titanfall all of those are third party games Microsoft no doubt funded in some form. we've yet to even hear anything about a PS4 version.
I mean Sony openly turned Insomniac away (They went to Sony before Microsoft) so it would be even more strange for the game to release on the PS4.
Why would sony do something so stupid?

Neither system has a lot of "true" exclusives. PS4 is infamous killzone knack driveclub while x1 is forza 5 kinect sports and sunset over drive. Other games can be had on ps3 xbox 360 or pc.

I like how you agree with Strait that opinion doesn't equal fact then you go and post this crap.

Stop trying to start a fanboy way here. You clearly don't think someone's opinion is a fact so don't get all tightened up over it...
You make no sense, I didn't say anything like that... Simply said posting a comment that is simply Xbox has best exclusives is only going to start a console war in a thread regarding a price cut on the Xbox one... No need to attack anyone that says anything negative regarding the Xbox, or people who are defending the xbox.

Got my sunset bundle from Best Buy in Paramus Nj, the manager that rang me up assured me next week I simply need to bring my sales recipt and I'll get my $50 back. Not sure I spelt receipt right, to busy setting up my new white hotness to care

Got my sunset bundle from Best Buy in Paramus Nj, the manager that rang me up assured me next week I simply need to bring my sales recipt and I'll get my $50 back. Not sure I spelt receipt right, to busy setting up my new white hotness to care
thanks for the clarification! this has been asked numerous times

I still don't like how you continue to completely disregard the Master Chief collection in your true exclusive argument Deader. Most of those games haven't been released in years, nobody is going to pull out their original Xbox to play Halo 1/2 and the online community for 3/4 is probably close to dead.

Can you use a movers coupon while preordering?
Yes, this is exactly what I did. Used it to pre-order the Assassin's Creed bundle online.

Also can I pay off more if my preorder before release date? Like I preordered the cod Xbox one bundle the other day,I put $100 down on it, when I go pick SSO today could I pay more on it? And could I also go ahead and use my movers coupon then too?
Whoa, that's a whole lotta stuff I don't know.

To me, the Best Buy online system is pretty inflexible. For instance, I wanted to use a pre-paid Visa card for half of the purchase, then use my regular debit card for the remainder. No dice. In order to complete the pre-order, I needed to list a card that had the full amount ready to go ($335.72) and - when looking at my bank account - I noticed that payment was taken right then and there.

What you're talking about seems like the kind of thing that only an in-store Best Buy rep could help with. And - as with any multi-step process designed to save the consumer money & hassle - that could be a YMMV situation.

Yes, this is exactly what I did. Used it to pre-order the Assassin's Creed bundle online.

Whoa, that's a whole lotta stuff I don't know.

To me, the Best Buy online system is pretty inflexible. For instance, I wanted to use a pre-paid Visa card for half of the purchase, then use my regular debit card for the remainder. No dice. In order to complete the pre-order, I needed to list a card that had the full amount ready to go ($335.72) and - when looking at my bank account - I noticed that payment was taken right then and there.

What you're talking about seems like the kind of thing that only an in-store Best Buy rep could help with. And - as with any multi-step process designed to save the consumer money & hassle - that could be a YMMV situation.
Thanks for the answer! But with Wal-Mart's 50% bonus I decided to cancel my best buy preorder and just get it there, cad m there is no fee to cancel preorder right?

I still don't like how you continue to completely disregard the Master Chief collection in your true exclusive argument Deader. Most of those games haven't been released in years, nobody is going to pull out their original Xbox to play Halo 1/2 and the online community for 3/4 is probably close to dead.
While 2 and 3 are years old the master chief collection is using the Anniversary edition of part 1 which came out in 2011 and of course halo 4 will be only 2 years old come November 2

However all of that is moot. This is a fantastic valued package with a fresh coat of paint with 100 maps along with the fact that all halo fanatics know what to expect which is fun times with the franchise like they have had since it's inception. Now for Sony to announce that uncharted collection with all the maps from part 2 and 3 ;)

White console is available at bestbuy.com and all stores near me are available for pickup...they havent lowered the price on it yet. Kinda wondering if I should use my coupon and hope they refund me or what.

Can you use a movers coupon while preordering?
Also can I pay off more if my preorder before release date? Like I preordered the cod Xbox one bundle the other day,I put $100 down on it, when I go pick SSO today could I pay more on it? And could I also go ahead and use my movers coupon then too?
From what I understand the Mover's coupon cannot be used on in-store preorders, it only works for online orders.
Paying more off I'm honestly not sure. I forget who it is, (Maybe Enuf), but somebody swears you can even though my employees vehemently say I can only put down the base amount ($100 for consoles).

I didn't include it simply because it hasnt released yet which is why I didn't add other games that havent come out yet that are true exclusives.

Curious to see what type of bundle Amazon puts together for Black Friday. While I have no preference in games included, I do prefer a Kinect-less black console. Hoping for one packaged alongside a 3 month Live subscriptions and an older game or two for $350.

I think that's a realistic possibility. Wish the Black Friday deals would leak already so I know what to expect. Patience is not a strength of mine.

bread's done
Back