$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious to see what type of bundle Amazon puts together for Black Friday. While I have no preference in games included, I do prefer a Kinect-less black console. Hoping for one packaged alongside a 3 month Live subscriptions and an older game or two for $350. I think that's a realistic possibility. Wish the Black Friday deals would leak already so I know what to expect. Patience is not a strength of mine.
So why not go with the Assasins Creed bundle then? Black console with two games?

Now i remember why I stay away from consoles.... Came here to to discuss the deal and figure out how to get the most for my $. It looks like it is now just a giant thread of my Black box is better than your Black box.

Has there always been bundled console sales on BF?  I have never been in the market for a console on black friday that I cannot recall if retailer put their own bundles together.  Also, what are the chances that an already bundled Xbox One will be included?  It seems more likely to me that retailers would be trying to get rid of vanilla units by sprucing them up with extras.

[ quote name="cancerman1120" post="12190862" timestamp="1414515037"]

Has there always been bundled console sales on BF? I have never been in the market for a console on black friday that I cannot recall if retailer put their own bundles together. Also, what are the chances that an already bundled Xbox One will be included? It seems more likely to me that retailers would be trying to get rid of vanilla units by sprucing them up with extras.[/quote]

Sony and micro have had those 200$-250$ bf Holliday bundles in recent years. Sony had that tlou and batman arkham origins 200$ bundle last year for example

Has there always been bundled console sales on BF? I have never been in the market for a console on black friday that I cannot recall if retailer put their own bundles together. Also, what are the chances that an already bundled Xbox One will be included? It seems more likely to me that retailers would be trying to get rid of vanilla units by sprucing them up with extras.
The last few years, most retailers have gotten the same prepackaged bundles from Sony and Microsoft. Prior to that, each retailer seemed to do their own bundle, throwing in extra games or a controller or some other accessory. I don't recall console bundles being a Black Friday thing prior to the PS3 and Xbox 360 maybe 5 years ago?

[quote name="bestkeeper14" post="12190833" timestamp="1414514539"]So why not go with the Assasins Creed bundle then? Black console with two games?[/quote]

I hate Assassin's Creed. Will only go with that one as a last resort.

Was just going to mentioned that Batman/TLOU bundle from last year. That was an insane value, by the time I finished the two games they were still worth $25+ each at GS. The beauty of having physical copies in those bundles.

Has there always been bundled console sales on BF? I have never been in the market for a console on black friday that I cannot recall if retailer put their own bundles together. Also, what are the chances that an already bundled Xbox One will be included? It seems more likely to me that retailers would be trying to get rid of vanilla units by sprucing them up with extras.
Sometimes retailers will get different boxed console bundles, other times they will make their own, and then others will throw in gift cards...

Seems like the bundles for Xbox will be Assassins creed, COD, and SSO... all good bundles that bring something different. Because of these bundles being available everywhere, I would imagine you may see either Xbox live added or gift cards on Black Friday.

Now that I think of it, Xbox usually has set bundles that are available every where and you just see gift cards and Xbox live like I said, Sony for some reason had retail exclusive bundles in the past. Nothing on their front just yet.

White console is available at bestbuy.com and all stores near me are available for pickup...they havent lowered the price on it yet. Kinda wondering if I should use my coupon and hope they refund me or what.
Couldn't you just order for store pickup and get it on Sunday? I think they hold it for 7 days. It would be pretty easy to return/rebuy (and get the discount and use the coupon) when you pick it up I would think. That's what I'm leaning towards doing.

Was just going to mentioned that Batman/TLOU bundle from last year. That was an insane value, by the time I finished the two games they were still worth $25+ each at GS. The beauty of having physical copies in those bundles.
Yea if I didn't have a ps3 yet last year I would have jumped over hurdles for that crazy good deal. Just get a new hard drive and boom perfect

I got my PS3 when they did the super hero bundle

WalmartBF.jpg

Black Friday can bring some awesome bundles!

Why would you let random people on the Internet deter you from buying a console ? Lol
I should have said console threads...

Now Im debating the COD xbox because it looks cool and 1TB and I havent played COD in forever sense MW2 so i might actually buy one. Or I can get the Sunset Bundle because that game is supposed to be pretty good. Decisions decisions.
Or I can wait for BF to see what happens (im guessing amazon will bundle halo with a system and a controller)

Couldn't you just order for store pickup and get it on Sunday? I think they hold it for 7 days. It would be pretty easy to return/rebuy (and get the discount and use the coupon) when you pick it up I would think. That's what I'm leaning towards doing.
Yeah thats what I am leaning towards but I know there was a big deal about using the coupon on consoles so I was going to try to avoid that lol. I would like to just order it and have it shipped to my house (taxes would only be 5% instead of 10% in store) and I could just use the coupon no problem. The destiny console was the same way, it was sold out leading up to release day then they were everywhere, so I think I am just going to wait until Sunday.

Anyone else called Microsoftstore to confirm we'll get $50 back on our Sunset Overdrive bundle yet? Love to get a second confirmation on this...

For what it's worth the responses I gathered from Reddit/GAF indicated that the Microsoft Store will honor the promotion, however you'll be initially charged the full price and then receive the $50 refund in within 10 days as is apparently standard procedure for their preorders.

That being said you'll probably be better off contacting them on the 2nd when the new price takes affect to confirm your refund.

There has always been bundled console sales on BF. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo always make a holiday bundle for their consoles. Not sure if Microsoft is going to make another different bundle for this holiday season given that they already have a ton of SKU Bundles already out.

I should have said console threads...
Now Im debating the COD xbox because it looks cool and 1TB and I havent played COD in forever sense MW2 so i might actually buy one. Or I can get the Sunset Bundle because that game is supposed to be pretty good. Decisions decisions.
Or I can wait for BF to see what happens (im guessing amazon will bundle halo with a system and a controller)
If you are planing to use one of the newer movers coupons on one of these at bestbuy than you have to use it before or after black friday weekend as those coupons are inactive for those days. If not than waiting is a good idea

For anyone thinking of opening the sunset bundle from GameStop, the manager at my store said the only way I could get the $50 back would be to keep it unopened and return and rebuy.

I'm picking up the SSO bundle today at Best Buy along with the $30 GCU unlocked. I will be going back Sunday to have the price adjustment made to take the $50 off my credit card. 

I called yesterday and was told it would be automatically refunded (they seemed to know about it), but wanted someone else to call to see if they get the same story..
If I get time later in the day, I will give them a call. Will post with results if I do.

I'm picking up the SSO bundle today at Best Buy along with the $30 GCU unlocked. I will be going back Sunday to have the price adjustment made to take the $50 off my credit card.
Doesn't the adjustment nullify the $30 GCU?

For anyone thinking of opening the sunset bundle from GameStop, the manager at my store said the only way I could get the $50 back would be to keep it unopened and return and rebuy.

It will need to remain unopened. The policy that most random employees will enforce is that you bring your console back unopened with your receipt. The only way you'd be able to pull off a return/rebuy with an opened console is if your store's manager is really cool with you.

Doesn't the adjustment nullify the $30 GCU?
I wouldn't think so considering I am buying Xbox One bundle with the game that will be well over $30 regardless of the adjustment and if I buy at full price with the GCU unlocked and adjust the price on Sunday when it drops I will already have the GCU membership anyway.

It will need to remain unopened. The policy that most random employees will enforce is that you bring your console back unopened with your receipt. The only way you'd be able to pull off a return/rebuy with an opened console is if your store's manager is really cool with you.
Sorry I saw this post on neogaf:http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=136294429

And thought I would post what my GameStop said.

Just traded in my PS3 and a bunch of games/controllers. Purchased the SSO bundle from BB for $300 OOPAT, and went to Gamestop and spent $10 on another controller, Diablo, and Destiny with a 3 month live card. I am happy as fuck right now, but even happier that I can go back to BB on Sunday with my receipt and get $50 back, making the total out of pocket $260 for all of this!

With my SO Bundle on it's way I just received an email from Amazon for a $50 dollar credit that I can use up until December 31st 2014. Seeing that I already have other things pre-ordered on Amazon I find that this totally suffices.

Anybody else get one?

So basically people are hoping that retailers either a) Add more goodies onto the current Xbox Bundles b) Add different games to a vanilla xbox one or c) MS puts out a completely different bundle for BF?  At this point I think I am just going to buy my Unity bundle and be happy with that purchase.  I am just not convinced a retailer is going to add anything more to a system that is getting a $50 price cut AND comes with 2 games.  I could be wrong though.

So basically people are hoping that retailers either a) Add more goodies onto the current Xbox Bundles b) Add different games to a vanilla xbox one or c) MS puts out a completely different bundle for BF? At this point I think I am just going to buy my Unity bundle and be happy with that purchase. I am just not convince a retailer is going to add anything more to a system that is getting a $50 price cut AND comes with 2 games. I could be wrong though.
We've been wrong about the xbox bundles so far. :D/ Nah, this is a really generous deal for a new console and is worth picking up a month earlier then everyone else waiting for a black friday deal that might potentially have a better deal.

Finally found a SO bundle at another Walmart so I bought it. Talked to 2 people about the return/rebuy and got confusing answers. They said I can return/rebuy and open it but need to bring the item with me when I do. Guess I'll keep it sealed if thats the case. Whats 5 more days I guess

So basically people are hoping that retailers either a) Add more goodies onto the current Xbox Bundles b) Add different games to a vanilla xbox one or c) MS puts out a completely different bundle for BF? At this point I think I am just going to buy my Unity bundle and be happy with that purchase. I am just not convinced a retailer is going to add anything more to a system that is getting a $50 price cut AND comes with 2 games. I could be wrong though.
They could throw in a $20 Gift Card, or something like that.

only issue with black friday is sometimes retailers only do a select amount like maybe first 10 get $50 gift card then after that its just the ms deals. Which then people get there so early to save 50 dollars which IMO is just not worth it.

There's also a possibility that there won't be a bf deal at all and that this is the best one you will get for a xbone that weekend.

lets put this into perspective, the xbox one launched on november 22, 2013. yet, most of you guys are suddenly saying you cannot wait another month?, when you had already been waiting for almost an year. what is the worst that can happen by waiting another month? the promo says it is good till 1/3/2015.

lets put this into perspective, the xbox one launched on november 22, 2013. yet, most of you guys are suddenly saying you cannot wait another month?, when you had already been waiting for almost an year. what is the worst that can happen by waiting another month? the promo says it is good till 1/3/2015.
I have no problem with this logic but GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In seriousness, it would be nice to know how good or bad Unity is before I buy it. It goes against most of my buying rules.

I have no problem with this logic but GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just think of what the early adopters who pay $499.99 + plus tax must be thinking right now, with the massive price drop, that does not even like using kinects. that is almost like $149.99 + plus tax difference. if they were buying games at msrp price that is like almost two new games. or 4-5 games if they had waiting till now to buy games like ryse, dead rising 3 new. along with the $349.99 price xbox one.

If I am being honest the real reason I want to buy now is the fear I will get a worse deal later (ie no bundles).  But that may say more about the emotional scars I carry in life...cue the afterschool special music please.

LOL, good joke
Think about it. How much more on top of what you are getting with this will they really add ? You are already getting a free game or two on top of 50$ off. Plus this extends through bf as well. Not saying it's impossible that a little extra will be added but I won't be surprised if there wasn't either

If I am being honest the real reason I want to buy now is the fear I will get a worse deal later (ie no bundles). But that may say more about the emotional scars I carry in life...cue the afterschool special music please.
i can understand that risk, as long as you know you wouldn't have any regret jumping now, when a slightly better deal come black friday. then go ahead. but if you are of those people who regularly gets salty, and become regretful when they see a better deal. you might want to hold off, and take a gamble.

bread's done
Back