$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped in at Gamestop today to check on my SO Bundle. Guy working was aware of the price drop next week. Said he could do nothing about it now, shot down my question about a return/rebuy if I left it sealed immediately with a "no", and told me to just leave it there and come back Sunday to get it at the reduced price. I asked if they would hold it that long, and he said that they would.

Don't really care as long as I get the console, and I get $50 in credit back I guess.

Think about it. How much more on top of what you are getting with this will they really add ? You are already getting a free game or two on top of 50$ off. Plus this extends through bf as well. Not saying it's impossible that a little extra will be added but I won't be surprised if there wasn't either
Here's the thing, This is a Microsoft price cut, so it is not actually making the retailers lose money. So in order to get people to buy the Xbox bundles from them, they will throw an incentive on top of it. Every year we get holiday bundles, and every year there are retailers that give something on top of the bundles.

Think about it. How much more on top of what you are getting with this will they really add ? You are already getting a free game or two on top of 50$ off. Plus this extends through bf as well. Not saying it's impossible that a little extra will be added but I won't be surprised if there wasn't either
people were saying ms wouldn't drop kinect, and see a price drop in a year. all of that had been dispelled. i can see retailers, packing in like a $20 gift card, or free accessories like a decent brand headsets, or free xbox live month cards for black friday. or maybe a free xbox one physical game. based on all the trends shown so far, it is clear to day, MS is extremely aggressive in their marketing in trying to sell xbox one consoles, and get it into people's home. i would not be surprised to see a $300 xbox one console deal near the end of 2015, if Ms still does not close the gap with sony in sales in NA by then

There's also a possibility that there won't be a bf deal at all and that this is the best one you will get for a xbone that weekend.
The people still holding out will never buy one is my guess. This is like a BF deal with 2 months to decide. 360 still goes for 250 so no way this gets any cheaper this year.

The people still holding out will never buy one is my guess. This is like a BF deal with 2 months to decide. 360 still goes for 250 so no way this gets any cheaper this year.
you know this is cheapassagmer , right . people sometimes argue about like a $5 difference of a game. depending on your state, the $349.99 bundle still charges you around upwards of $20 + in tax. for some people that is like another one - two new game.

just think of what the early adopters who pay $499.99 + plus tax must be thinking right now, with the massive price drop, that does not even like using kinects. that is almost like $149.99 + plus tax difference. if they were buying games at msrp price that is like almost two new games. or 4-5 games if they had waiting till now to buy games like ryse, dead rising 3 new. along with the $349.99 price xbox one.
I bought mine day one. Can't complain, I didn't see this coming, but I knew it was a possibility. The Xbox has only improved and I'm loving it. As far as Kinect goes, it's one of my favorite features of the Xbox - don't get me wrong, I realize I'm in the minority.

Damn.. I was interested in the SO bundle since Best Buy has it...but it's still $400..

Is it not part of the sale? They have other bundles dropped, but not this one. Can I buy it now and then price adjust it later?

you know this is cheapassagmer , right . people sometimes argue about like a $5 difference of a game. depending on your state, the $349.99 bundle still charges you around upwards of $20 + in tax. for some people that is like another one - two new game.
You have to pay tax for everything and what 2 games are you gonna get for 20?

Damn.. I was interested in the SO bundle since Best Buy has it...but it's still $400..

Is it not part of the sale? They have other bundles dropped, but not this one. Can I buy it now and then price adjust it later?
They can't stop you from returning it so yes.

if you don't mind paying in full or having charges on your credit card. you can place an online store pickup order to reserve it. since bestbuy holds your order for 7 days. so when november 2 comes, go into store, and have then cancel your online order, and rebuy it with the $50 discount.

Stopped in at Gamestop today to check on my SO Bundle. Guy working was aware of the price drop next week. Said he could do nothing about it now, shot down my question about a return/rebuy if I left it sealed immediately with a "no", and told me to just leave it there and come back Sunday to get it at the reduced price. I asked if they would hold it that long, and he said that they would.

Don't really care as long as I get the console, and I get $50 in credit back I guess.
Love when associates take it upon themselves to set rules and not follow the company policy.

You have to pay tax for everything and what 2 games are you gonna get for 20?
some states don't get taxed on amazon. this is cheapassagmer after all, $10 for a new game is not of out the question, especially with the glitches, and exploits people find.

just think of what the early adopters who pay $499.99 + plus tax must be thinking right now, with the massive price drop, that does not even like using kinects. that is almost like $149.99 + plus tax difference. if they were buying games at msrp price that is like almost two new games. or 4-5 games if they had waiting till now to buy games like ryse, dead rising 3 new. along with the $349.99 price xbox one.
Day One here with no regrets. I knew what I was spending and what I was getting last November, and at I was perfectly comfortable with my purchase. As others have pointed out, the risks of early adopting are nothing new. No sense looking back and pitching a fit now--I've enjoyed it for almost a year, and now I have a group of friends who are moving into the current generation because of these bundles.

There's a lot of "I would be furious!" chatter, but very few "I am furious!" comments.

Somebody else said this exact same thing (and htz screenshotted him, where is that guy anyway?).

I hold out to save couple more bucks but I will eventually buy one, like I said, a $20 GC on top of this would be nice. Or a homemade console + controller bundle for the same price. BF credit card lucrative CB promos would also help. Going to work on my backlog while I watch the BF bloodbath between retailers.

Patience. Patience always pays off.

I'm pissed off that I paid $700 for a Day One Xbox One on Craigslist because my local stores were sold out. Microsoft should compensate victims like me.

I was told I couldn't get the deal with the Sunset overdrive bundle.
I was told otherwise. I will be going to Best Buy after work to pick the bundle up. If I have to pick up an additional game as well, I guess I'll get Forza Horizon 2 so I can also do the GCU deal. I'll post an update once I go to Best Buy. This could be YMMV with the bundles. I don't see why it wouldn't apply though considering they are only asking for a purchase of a game $30 or more in price and the bundles are significantly more.

Somebody else said this exact same thing (and htz screenshotted him, where is that guy anyway?).

I hold out to save couple more bucks but I will eventually buy one, like I said, a $20 GC on top of this would be nice. Or a homemade console + controller bundle for the same price. Going to work on my backlog while I watch the BF bloodbath between retailers.

don't you live in california? that $20 gift card will go a long way to help negate the heavy tax rate. LOL

Another option would be for people to just wait till the bf ads leak early in case there is something added. That way if there isn't you can just purchase one of these xbones before bf knowing that nothing else will be added

I hold out to save couple more bucks but I will eventually buy one, like I said, a $20 GC on top of this would be nice. Or a homemade console + controller bundle for the same price. BF credit card lucrative CB promos would also help. Going to work on my backlog while I watch the BF bloodbath between retailers.

The biggest rumor going around is that on BF, bestbuy will throw in a 3 foot HDMI cable along with a slice of cheesecake.

I got my PS3 when they did the super hero bundle

WalmartBF.jpg

Black Friday can bring some awesome bundles!
Precisely the one i got and entry into that generation of gaming. Walmart sold it and only had 2 on hand at my store...and i was the third customer in line :( luckily one of the impatient ones got tired of waiting for the cashier to find them in the stock room and got out of line to complain to the manager elsewhere. The two bundles were found and bought before that dude got back ;)

The biggest rumor going around is that on BF, bestbuy will throw in a 3 foot HDMI cable along with a slice of cheesecake.
Those gold Monster cables from Best Buy are the only brand I use. If it's one of those then it's a damn nice deal.

lets put this into perspective, the xbox one launched on november 22, 2013. yet, most of you guys are suddenly saying you cannot wait another month?, when you had already been waiting for almost an year. what is the worst that can happen by waiting another month? the promo says it is good till 1/3/2015.
Halo hasn't been on the Xbox One in these past 11 months. However, we're 2 weeks from it, and waiting 4 weeks means you're going to be a total square when you're the only one of your friends not playing Halo online.

I'd never sit at a lunch table with some plebe who didn't have Halo at launch.

Every single time there's a deal on the XB1, there are people insisting this is the lowest it will go.  You have all been proven wrong, over and over again.  Just give it up.  You're no different than XB/PS fanboys if you think about it.  Jesus H Christ.

To people on the fence:

If there are games you are interested in playing in the near future (Sunset, CoD, Destiny) , then get it.  If you can wait, then you have absolutely nothing to lose by waiting since this deal lasts this til 2015 and there is always a possibility of additional Black Friday or Xmas deals.

#sorryfortherantbutnotreally

Every single time there's a deal on the XB1, there are people insisting this is the lowest it will go. You have all been proven wrong, over and over again. Just give it up. You're no different than XB/PS fanboys if you think about it. Jesus H Christ.

To people on the fence:

If there are games you are interested in playing in the near future (Sunset, CoD, Destiny) , then get it. If you can wait, then you have absolutely nothing to lose by waiting since this deal lasts this til 2015 and there is always a possibility of additional Black Friday or Xmas deals.

#sorryfortherantbutnotreally
I agree with this statement. I want to play Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, and a handful of other exclusive for the Xbone so that is why I am jumping on this deal for the SSO bundle. I already have a PS4 and Wii U, I plan on buying most if not all of my multiplatform games for the PS4 and the Xbone and Wii U are primarily for exclusive titles only.

Really tempting but I would have to use up all my BB credit that I have saved for the big November games. Gonna have to pass.
you only have $350 bestbuy credit/ gift card? i have over $500 bestbuy gift card. i moved a huge amonut of gs credit to bestbuy.over the summer to prepare for bestbuy black friday

Don't we already know a retailer is sweetening the pot? I thought K-mart has a deal next week where you get the system for $350 + if you buy a $60 game you get $60 in points.  If I was not buying this with trade credit I might do that deal.  Could end up with a system and 4 games for about $410+tax.

Damn, I kind of do want the white console but I don't at the same time. 

I have like $200 RZ Certz haunting me right now even though I should wait for BF. 

Already own an xbone too...but I also got a 10% mover's coupon too. 

Should I just put an order for the console and think on it in case it goes oos again?

Damn, I kind of do want the white console but I don't at the same time.

I have like $200 RZ Certz haunting me right now even though I should wait for BF.

Already own an xbone too...but I also got a 10% mover's coupon too.

Should I just put an order for the console and think on it in case it goes oos again?
if you already own an xbox one , i would pass. unless you can get atleast $300 dollars for selling your current xbox one.

My friend might be interested in picking it up actually so I could pawn it off him so that's not the problem.

I have enough GCs to cover the balance as well so no out of pocket expense. 

I was kind of holding onto those for BF though. 

I get cash back bonuses from my credit card though so either way works. I can swap my PS4 to the white console so that wouldn't be a problem about matching...it's just white gets dirty pretty quickly is all. 

Precisely the one i got and entry into that generation of gaming. Walmart sold it and only had 2 on hand at my store...and i was the third customer in line :( luckily one of the impatient ones got tired of waiting for the cashier to find them in the stock room and got out of line to complain to the manager elsewhere. The two bundles were found and bought before that dude got back ;)
LOL, I got mine 2 weeks after black Friday :rofl: ... Walmarts around here were swimming in them!

My friend might be interested in picking it up actually so I could pawn it off him so that's not the problem.

I have enough GCs to cover the balance as well so no out of pocket expense.

I was kind of holding onto those for BF though.

I get cash back bonuses from my credit card though so either way works. I can swap my PS4 to the white console so that wouldn't be a problem about matching...it's just white gets dirty pretty quickly is all.
i can only see the xbox one unity bundle last till black friday sale, the white xbox one might be rare, seeing bestbuy ang gamestop is the only retailer has it available for shipping

Why is everyone worried about BB price-matching?  Don't they have a simple price-matching policy?  I bought my wife a Keurig from BB a few Christmases ago, saw it cheaper at Sams Club, called the hotline, and they price matched it for me.  I assume I'd do the same with the SO bundle I picked up today.  Even with the Movers Coupon I used, it would still be a simple $50 plus tax return for them to issue.  Am I missing something?

Why is everyone worried about BB price-matching? Don't they have a simple price-matching policy? I bought my wife a Keurig from BB a few Christmases ago, saw it cheaper at Sams Club, called the hotline, and they price matched it for me. I assume I'd do the same with the SO bundle I picked up today. Even with the Movers Coupon I used, it would still be a simple $50 plus tax return for them to issue. Am I missing something?
Yes you are, they are asking about including a Movers coupon for 10%

Can't apply the mover's coupon with the price matching. 

Which is why I ordered mine to be reserved so I have Nov 5th to pick it up so hopefully the prices adjust by then so I can get the $50 off and apply the 10% mover's coupon.

If not there is always Microsoft with the $100 off coupon deal if you got in on the coupon earlier. 

Why is everyone worried about BB price-matching? Don't they have a simple price-matching policy? I bought my wife a Keurig from BB a few Christmases ago, saw it cheaper at Sams Club, called the hotline, and they price matched it for me. I assume I'd do the same with the SO bundle I picked up today. Even with the Movers Coupon I used, it would still be a simple $50 plus tax return for them to issue. Am I missing something?
No , with the Mover's coupon people sometimes have trouble getting the price match.

YMMV , it's normally one or the other.

Yes you are, they are asking about including a Movers coupon for 10%
A return / rebuy would fix that issue though , right?

bread's done
Back