$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
No , with the Mover's coupon people sometimes have trouble getting the price match.

YMMV , it's normally one or the other.

A return / rebuy would fix that issue though , right?
Yea the problem it would seem is the coupon is a one time only use... honestly it would just be smart to wait till sunday and buy it at the lower price with the coupon

it will also save yourself alot of time, and headache
I preordered it with the coupon and my order shipped today. I might get the bundle by Friday or Monday though.

If I do a return / rebuy , wouldn't I lose the discount on the can cooler (it's not a big deal but still)?

my plan is coming together beautifully. Over the summer I jumped all over the M$ store deal to trade if ganmes for 10 bucks each. I got about 300 bucks in credit. Now I am just holding out on some crazy black friday shenanigans. So 300+free 60 dollar game+50 dollars off+ any other possible deal, I am basically getting this thing for next month.Best console purchase I will have ever masted haha. 

Well $50 refund from bestbuy on my Sunset bundle is now officially on my credit card statement.   SSOD bundle for $310 after all the coupons and tax not bad not bad.   

Well $50 refund from bestbuy on my Sunset bundle is now officially on my credit card statement. SSOD bundle for $310 after all the coupons and tax not bad not bad.
Good job

I guess I have to go to the store once I get my bundle.

has anyone tried trading in a 360 250gb to best buy recently to take advantage of the 120 credit for upgrading.  With the updates the X1 now does all the media streaming i need.  I have a fat 360 with a 250 gb hd attached.  Wondering how picky they are about it.  Time to add another X1 in the house.

So back on topic, if I order online at Best Buy, will they just do a $50 refund or will they do a return rebuy? I want that SSO bundle I think.

So anyone have any stories about this at LameStop? What did they say? :/

Going to pick up my SSO bundle soon. But I want to play it today!!!

has anyone tried trading in a 360 250gb to best buy recently to take advantage of the 120 credit for upgrading. With the updates the X1 now does all the media streaming i need. I have a fat 360 with a 250 gb hd attached. Wondering how picky they are about it. Time to add another X1 in the house.
Pretty sure the only promo at best buy was trading up for a PS4 last week. No trade up promo currently

So back on topic, if I order online at Best Buy, will they just do a $50 refund or will they do a return rebuy? I want that SSO bundle I think.
If you didn't use a coupon you should get a $50 refund after you call when the time comes. Just don't wait too long...

Or maybe you can wait until Sunday when the official price will be $349.99.

Well if you haven't bothered to order yet you might just want to wait. But, for me at least I emailed them telling them I saw about the promotion and about 24 hours later they got back to me saying they would issue a $50 refund which they did. Didn't even have to leave the house.

Well if you haven't bothered to order yet you might just want to wait. But, for me at least I emailed them telling them I saw about the promotion and about 24 hours later they got back to me saying they would issue a $50 refund which they did. Didn't even have to leave the house.
They shot down my request , YMMV.

If you didn't use a coupon you should get a $50 refund after you call when the time comes. Just don't wait too long...

Or maybe you can wait until Sunday when the official price will be $349.99.
So the Mover's Coupon would knock this out? I don't want the bundle to sell out.

Those gold Monster cables from Best Buy are the only brand I use. If it's one of those then it's a damn nice deal.
back in the circuit city hey days, i sold monster battery chargers for $70 buckaroo and hunnit fiddy dollaz 6 feet cable.

So the Mover's Coupon would knock this out? I don't want the bundle to sell out.
You can return and rebuy or just buy it with the coupon when the correct price shows up automatically.

You should use the coupon when you are getting the $349.99 price though.

The problem with returning and rebuying is that it's more hassle.

I absolutely want the 1 TB Xbox. But I absolutely don't want COD. Ugh!
Sell COD problem solved. Or replace the drive yourself. You can always just format the 500gb drive and buy a usb enclosure for it and use it for backups and stuff. Or you can even get 1.5tb if you use it externally with the 1tb internal

Wow!  Just got a $50 plus tax refund via Paypal from Microsoft Store.  I didn't call or anything so it looks to be automatic for everyone.  Good idea on their part to do it now to avoid all the phone calls come the 2nd.

If it hasn't been mentioned before the Microsoft Store also has a 5% off code if you text "Play" to 29502. Works on Xbox One's making them $332.50 after the $50 off discount.

Bear in mind it's an old promotion so you may have already redeemed it.

Wow! Just got a $50 plus tax refund via Paypal from Microsoft Store. I didn't call or anything so it looks to be automatic for everyone. Good idea on their part to do it now to avoid all the phone calls come the 2nd.
So the Microsoft Store and Amazon both have better CS than Best Buy? I guess that makes sense.

Even Gamestop already started giving refunds from what I've heard.

So the Microsoft Store and Amazon both have better CS than Best Buy? I guess that makes sense.

Even Gamestop already started giving refunds from what I've heard.
Finally someone with knowledge of Gamestop! What did you hear? FEED ME THE INFO!

They should've made the price drop effective immediately. I know they want to win the NPD but this is just costing everyone a 2nd trip to the store.

Finally someone with knowledge of Gamestop! What did you hear? FEED ME THE INFO!
Most of the people in this thread have said their store managers/employees just said to not open the system and they'll be able to do a return and rebuy when the sale starts.
I remember someone also emailed and they stated their promotions department is still figuring out the terms and details.

Most of the people in this thread have said their store managers/employees just said to not open the system and they'll be able to do a return and rebuy when the sale starts.
I remember someone also emailed and they stated their promotions department is still figuring out the terms and details.
It just baffles my mind that they thought it was a good idea to start the promotion 3 days after the bundle comes out just making people go through 2 trips to the store who actually want it the day it comes out.

You can return and rebuy or just buy it with the coupon when the correct price shows up automatically.

I used the Movers Coupon today on the SSO Xbone. I hope it isnt too much of a hassle.

Im thinking maybe I'll buy the bundle now for store pickup and can cancel it if the bundle is still instock once the price drops.

Im thinking maybe I'll buy the bundle now for store pickup and can cancel it if the bundle is still instock once the price drops.
Thats what I did, if they are out of stock Nov 2nd with the new pricing I'll cancel my online order and rering it up there with the mover's coupon.

Guess it wont be too bad. I can grab another coupon I guess and return/rebuy when i pick up CODAW.

Went ahead and took care of part of my son's Christmas shopping today. Ordered the Unity bundle using ShopDiscover and a Mover's Coupon. Best case it'll be under $300 unless Discover balks at the coupon. Most of the time in my experience they don't seem to care. He wants Halo, and I want Unity. If a better deal comes along for Black Friday, I'll just Craigslist the Xbox locally and go after the better deal.

Went ahead and took care of part of my son's Christmas shopping today. Ordered the Unity bundle using ShopDiscover and a Mover's Coupon. Best case it'll be under $300 unless Discover balks at the coupon. Most of the time in my experience they don't seem to care. He wants Halo, and I want Unity. If a better deal comes along for Black Friday, I'll just Craigslist the Xbox locally and go after the better deal.
see that's my dilemma. I want the online cashback and the mover's coupon and the $50 promo. But it seems really tricky to order the SSO bundle now and do all those promos.

Awww, man. This is so incredibly tempting. I wonder if I could sell the codes for Unity and Black Flag locally on Craigslist or Facebook or something. All of my friends have PS4s and so I've already committed to playing Unity on that console. But I've been wanting to play Sunset Overdrive super bad...

Also: I'm super stoked that this lasts until after Christmas. If I don't bite beforehand it's good to know that I can cash in any giftcards/money my family gets me for one of these.

see that's my dilemma. I want the online cashback and the mover's coupon and the $50 promo. But it seems really tricky to order the SSO bundle now and do all those promos.
It might be out of stock by the time you have the opportunity to use all those discounts.

Yeah, that's understandable. I honestly don't think the SSO bundle is going to hard to find once the price drops on Best Buy's website. If Microsoft wants to make a dent in Sony's lead, they'll make as many consoles as they can sell. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. I'd wait till they drop the price and then buy it for in-store pickup. Should be a lot less headache and much more likely to make all the discounts work. Doing a return and rebuy in-store would almost assuredly nuke the Discover cashback.

Yeah, that's understandable. I honestly don't think the SSO bundle is going to hard to find once the price drops on Best Buy's website. If Microsoft wants to make a dent in Sony's lead, they'll make as many consoles as they can sell. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. I'd wait till they drop the price and then buy it for in-store pickup. Should be a lot less headache and much more likely to make all the discounts work. Doing a return and rebuy in-store would almost assuredly nuke the Discover cashback.
The AC bundle is their holiday bundle so the SO might be hard to find. I only found one after checking 4 stores.

The AC bundle is their holiday bundle so the SO might be hard to find. I only found one after checking 4 stores.
Were they Best Buy stores? Literally every BB store within 50 miles of here has them in stock and the location I visited at lunch had at least five in stock. I can't see them selling out by Sunday short of BB dropping the price before then to $350.

Were they Best Buy stores? Literally every BB store within 50 miles of here has them in stock and the location I visited at lunch had at least five in stock. I can't see them selling out by Sunday short of BB dropping the price before then to $350.
I don't have a local BB. Went to Target, Gamestop and 2 Walmart's

I'd rather not deal with an external hard drive...

I'm wondering, for people that already have an Xbox One, how is the 500GB hard drive holding up? Is there still a lot of space after the system updates? I'm thinking I would only get XB1 five games I really want between now and next year

I also want to do it online only because I get another 10% back from my Discover card.

So I just need the receipt and a new coupon to do the return/rebuy? Do I need to keep the console unopened?
Well , you might need to return your preorder bonus item (the can cooler).

Based on what other people said , you should be able to open the console.

1. The PS3 also used an atypical CPU, which made it tougher to code for. This time, the manufacturers opted to each use the same parts (and a familiar x86 architecture, for that matter), so power differences are VERY easy to see, from a capability standpoint.
What is it, 3 exclusives to 1? It's not exactly "way more."
Let me clarify that I have all the consoles. The only reason not to is for financial reasons, I think. But if you're a true gamer I think yiu should have gem all. That said, there is absolutely nothing I want to play on PS4. If yiu care that much about graphics, get a PC. It's a whole new world. The PS4 will sink into mediocrity in terms of graphics and it will come down to what it always has come down to--games.

He Master Chief collection is worth more than anything on PS4 right now.

Can't apply the mover's coupon with the price matching.

Which is why I ordered mine to be reserved so I have Nov 5th to pick it up so hopefully the prices adjust by then so I can get the $50 off and apply the 10% mover's coupon.

If not there is always Microsoft with the $100 off coupon deal if you got in on the coupon earlier.
I thought I had that coupon but I'm doubting myself now, now that I can't search for it in my email. Do you or anybody recall what date that offer was posted on here? I thought it was an email for a trade coupon we had received.

Let me clarify that I have all the consoles. The only reason not to is for financial reasons, I think. But if you're a true gamer I think yiu should have gem all. That said, there is absolutely nothing I want to play on PS4. If yiu care that much about graphics, get a PC. It's a whole new world. The PS4 will sink into mediocrity in terms of graphics and it will come down to what it always has come down to--games.

Gotta agree. Even though I prefer the PS4 as a console I have nothing to play right now. Halo and Sunset Overdrive on the other hand have sold me a system. Things will pick up for PS4 next year though with UC4 and Bloodborne

True gamers also have a good TV/monitor. What's the point of a game having good graphics or gameplay if your display device has lousy contrast , high input lag , low color gamut , low resolution (maybe 1280 x 720) , etc?

bread's done
Back