$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't touched my Xbox with the kinect in about a month. The install and update speeds are a killer for me. 3-4 hours to install a game that my ps4 takes about 10 minutes to do. With that said I've read using it without the kinect enhances the speed which in my opinion is way more valuable than the kinect is.
People seem to confuse the actual install time with the time it takes to complete the install with an update. Installs that require updates are going to take longer depending on your connection. Installs that don't will not take 3-4 hours. Not having kinect does not speed up installs.

Anyways, to the guy asking, no you do not need kinect. It is just an added convenience.

Im a bit nervous about testing this, despite a Best Buy forum rep thinking the coupon does geT applied to the lower price if you are waiting to pick something up: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBuy-com/Xbox-One-Price-Drops/m-p/868563#M4756
Aaron is the least knowledgeable mod on there with regards to the Gaming section. He's been wrong in the past.

Again, as I said before - I placed an online order for a game that dropped in price by the time I picked it up and the price never adjusted. Not sure if it was due to perhaps GCU interfering with the adjustment but the point is it didn't happen. I know other cags have had success with it before but I can vouch for it not being 100% guaranteed.

The most convenient alternative would be to just place a new order next week. I'd be surprised if MS kept this bundle limited. With their holiday promotion being announced, it would be more strange if Best Buy wouldn't have extra bundles available to sell next week.

People seem to confuse the actual install time with the time it takes to complete the install with an update. Installs that require updates are going to take longer depending on your connection. Installs that don't will not take 3-4 hours. Not having kinect does not speed up installs.

Anyways, to the guy asking, no you do not need kinect. It is just an added convenience.
Exactly, that's all update,I usually go offline when I install my games then go back online cause I like to know when the game is being installed and when the update is downloading

Question for anyone who already owns an Xbox One. After doing some reading online I have decided there is no reason to buy one with Kinect. Can always pick one up later on if my mind changes. Anyone else who did the same regret/happy with their decision. Money isn't an issue, but I figure why not use the $100 saved one two games during Black Friday to help me get started on top of whatever game or games come with the bundles offered.
To me it's worth it,I love that when I turn on my Xbox it turns everything else on for me(tv and surround sound automatically come on), voice commands are convenient(Xbox on,xbox turn off and volume up and down), also if you have a media remote it makes that better cause then the remote will control everything,I use my Xbox alot with media too though, so it just depends on how you use it, the games it actually supports are nice too(switching guns by saying them)

I want to use RZ certs and the mover's coupon so I'm wondering would the mover's coupon take 10% off the price before or after RZ certs are applied?

$349.99 ($34.99)

or 

$159.99 ($15.99)

Although I'm tempted to buy it from Microsoft (with $100 off coupon) and just save the certs for BF

I want to use RZ certs and the mover's coupon so I'm wondering would the mover's coupon take 10% off the price before or after RZ certs are applied?

$349.99 ($34.99)
or
$159.99 ($15.99)

Although I'm tempted to buy it from Microsoft (with $100 off coupon) and just save the certs for BF
The coupon should be used before you reach the payment step. This will take off the most money and not trip up the coupon.

Question, sorry if asked before.

I am Elite Plus, and GCU

Total for me is going to be $325 before taxes. (10% mover)

Does this mean I get a 25% bump for elite+ and a 2x bump for gaming ?

Airgo 2.25x bump in My Best Buy points?
same boat ha, I did not even think about that. Either way I am going to do it, but thats potentially about $15 back in Best Buy Certs! Idk if GCU point bump will work on a console though, it says games and accessories, but id be happy to be wrong

So I plan on buying the AW bundle Sunday at midnight because I really want that bundle. If I go back the following Sunday will I get my free live? I have the old mover's coupon for multiple things that I plan on using.

So I plan on buying the AW bundle Sunday at midnight because I really want that bundle. If I go back the following Sunday will I get my free live? I have the old mover's coupon for multiple things that I plan on using.
Nobody knows yet if it includes all bundles. You may have to return and rebuy to get the deal and that may or may not negate the mover's coupon discount.

same boat ha, I did not even think about that. Either way I am going to do it, but thats potentially about $15 back in Best Buy Certs! Idk if GCU point bump will work on a console though, it says games and accessories, but id be happy to be wrong
Just got an answer from BBY forums, no 2x bump...bah oh well, still an amazing deal anyways, would have been nice!

QXNIu.jpg

Question for anyone who already owns an Xbox One. After doing some reading online I have decided there is no reason to buy one with Kinect. Can always pick one up later on if my mind changes. Anyone else who did the same regret/happy with their decision. Money isn't an issue, but I figure why not use the $100 saved one two games during Black Friday to help me get started on top of whatever game or games come with the bundles offered.
Kinda. I was hoping the tv integration would be more then just displaying the contents of my tv through my xbox. Apparently the kinect allows some kinda guide? I haven't figured out if I can change channels and stuff with just my controller yet.

Believe Kinect required for certain features, like tv stuff. I will say I could not imagine not having Kinect. Use it all the time. Changing tv channels, changing apps/games, snapping apps etc.

Unless it has changed OneGuide does not work without Kinect plugged in. And I have just started using OneGuide since it has trending items which lets me know what is good to watch or at least gives me an idea. Definitely better with Kinect imo.

Believe Kinect required for certain features, like tv stuff. I will say I could not imagine not having Kinect. Use it all the time. Changing tv channels, changing apps/games, snapping apps etc.

Unless it has changed OneGuide does not work without Kinect plugged in. And I have just started using OneGuide since it has trending items which lets me know what is good to watch or at least gives me an idea. Definitely better with Kinect imo.
yeah makes me want to pick one up because of that. But only time I ever really even watch TV the traditional way is sports. Otherwise I have an old netbook setup to automatically download automatically and I watch them on my nexus 7

Anyone know of a store already selling the Sunset bundle or any XB1 models for $349 already, ahead of Sunday? I have a buddy who wants to pick up Sunset bundle on Monday, haven't heard of anyone selling it early.

For those who got the 100 dollar off coupon from MS during the trade in fiasco, did MS try to charge you extra? I don't want to buy the bundle and then have them try and charge me more later on. LOL

Latest Trailer for Unity seems like it might have a few cool wrinkles.  All the DLC and Season Pass BS at the end always ruin these trailers for Ubisoft though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_-exDp3CE

I have a question. I am thinking of ordering the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle to send to my neighborhood Best Buy, since they don't have it in stock. Should I order it on Sunday, when the sale is live, or should I order it tomorrow, and do a return/rebuy with gift card and certificate when I pick it up, since everyone and their mother is going for that bundle?

I have a question. I am thinking of ordering the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle to send to my neighborhood Best Buy, since they don't have it in stock. Should I order it on Sunday, when the sale is live, or should I order it tomorrow, and do a return/rebuy with gift card and certificate when I pick it up, since everyone and their mother is going for that bundle?
If it is still available right now you could just order it for store pick up and just not pick it up until deal does live, as I understand you have 8 days, and per the bby mod post i read earlier they will auto adjust the price to the lowest price by the time you pick up, but that may not be the case. if you think it will be a return rebuy, I suggest paying it all of with one method, rather than multiple , using multiple makes it a pain for the rep returning and reselling, since your asking for them to put the effort in I would try and make it easier on them.

Could always just order one to be safe right now for pick up, and order a second if you can Sunday morning, just cancel the first on website since you no longer need to "go in" to cancel store orders, unless its OOS, my 2 cents.

depending on how desperate are you? i personally would take the gamble, and wait till sunday. but maybe you wouldn't want to take that risk. because it looks to be limited, because bestbuy and gamestop is the only retailers who currently has it in stock. and since the announcement of $350 price tag for xbox one bundle is all over the internet. i can see a lot of people grabbing.

depending on how desperate are you? i personally would take the gamble, and wait till sunday. but maybe you wouldn't want to take that risk. because it looks to be limited, because bestbuy and gamestop is the only retailers who currently has it in stock. and since the announcement of $350 price tag for xbox one bundle is all over the internet. i can see a lot of people grabbing.
I'm actually leaning toward that, depending on when the price drop goes live. If it's at night, like the Black Friday deals were, not too many people are going to bother to buy the SSO bundles at that time, and me, being a night owl by nature, will be up to pull the trigger when the price drop goes live. If the price drop goes live later, that's where I run into some problems.

I'm actually leaning toward that, depending on when the price drop goes live. If it's at night, like the Black Friday deals were, not too many people are going to bother to buy the SSO bundles at that time, and me, being a night owl by nature, will be up to pull the trigger when the price drop goes live. If the price drop goes live later, that's where I run into some problems.
it will probably drop in price on saturday mid night, or early sunday morning on their website depending on your time zone. bestbuy website is kinda of sketchy sometimes with updating their price. i can see bestbuy selling out sso bundle before black friday sales tho. unless amazon all of a sudden swoope in and magically come in stock. since they own the largest warehouse to store these.

sorry if this is a repost, i stole this from John Doe user from SD ( too lazy to type his username)

Special Holiday Event at BestBuy Nov 8. 1:00–4:00 P.M.: Xbox Live FREE with Xbox One (Plus Free Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Membership) at Select bestbuy stores, so check the link. for those who might be able able to get to the selected stores, you might wait till nov 8 to pick up xbox one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seo/null/pcmcat344700050000.c?ref=195&loc=50b2882c658e469997ac43a318955ef4&id=pcmcat344700050000

it will probably drop in price on saturday mid night, or early sunday morning on their website depending on your time zone. bestbuy website is kinda of sketchy sometimes with updating their price. i can see bestbuy selling out sso bundle before black friday sales tho. unless amazon all of a sudden swoope in and magically come in stock. since they own the largest warehouse to store these.
That is exactly why I am getting it on Sunday and not waiting till Black Friday. I was merely suggesting that the temporary all store price drop will happen in the night time, like the Black Friday sales and pretty much any other major sale.

I got my SSO Xbox One on Tuesday and just went into my favorite Best Buy today and before I even asked, my best buy csr mentioned to me to bring back in my receipt on Sunday for a return/rebuy for the $50 cheaper price.

Hmm, already have a Wii U, a 3DS, a PS4, a PS3, and a PS Vita to boot. Should I be greedy and get a white XB1 for $350 + tax or save up and get my family something nice for the holidays (thinking a Black Friday bundle PS4)?

My family always wonders why I spend so much time at GameStop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc. and not as much time with them. I'm a bad person :(

Hmm, already have a Wii U, a 3DS, a PS4, a PS3, and a PS Vita to boot. Should I be greedy and get a white XB1 for $350 + tax or save up and get my family something nice for the holidays (thinking a Black Friday bundle PS4)?

My family always wonders why I spend so much time at GameStop, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc. and not as much time with them. I'm a bad person :(
You are full of contradictions. But I would get myself the xbox one unless you have already set a precedent on giving family expensive gifts.

I am so ready to buy one of these dam things but then I look at all the games I own that I still need to play and I do not understand why I should.

Wondering the same thing. Might use PayPal instead of my card. Don't know if that would even help.
I was thinking of buying a prepaid card, but dat activation fee.

I am so ready to buy one of these dam things but then I look at all the games I own that I still need to play and I do not understand why I should.
Same here. College is keeping me busy. LOL

Amazon has this message on the Sunset Overdrive Bundle now.

Please check back in a couple days for new inventory on the Sunset Overdrive Bundle. Amazon.com will soon have a limited quantity of this item available for $349.99.

I gave SO another 1 hour but meh. I guess it's not my type of game. I dig the dialog but I just can't get into it which is sad cause I really was hoping it would be fun so I can redeem the digital code and trade in my physical copy when I get my bundle. Poop, I'd get the COD bundle if it wasn't $100 more. 

1st world problems. 

Halo collection is my last ditch effort for it to convince me to keep the xbone.  :pray:

I gave SO another 1 hour but meh. I guess it's not my type of game. I dig the dialog but I just can't get into it which is sad cause I really was hoping it would be fun so I can redeem the digital code and trade in my physical copy when I get my bundle. Poop, I'd get the COD bundle if it wasn't $100 more.

1st world problems.

Halo collection is my last ditch effort for it to convince me to keep the xbone. :pray:
As someone whos had the xb1 for less than a year and has a full HD, go with the COD version. Esp if you plan on getting EA Access. I'm 99% percent full.

As someone whos had the xb1 for less than a year and has a full HD, go with the COD version. Esp if you plan on getting EA Access. I'm 99% percent full.
Unless you just dig the paint job, the COD bundle is not a good value. For the $100 price difference, you could easily buy a 2TB external drive and have money left over. The One is capable of supporting up to three external drives and the feature is well-supported by the operating system. Every bundle has a digital download code, whether you're talking about SSO, COD, Assassin's Creed, etc. Each code will fetch about $45 apiece in the open market initially. So you're basically paying a $100 for 500GB of extra space - not most people's definition of a CAG-quality deal.

Unless you just dig the paint job, the COD bundle is not a good value. For the $100 price difference, you could easily buy a 2TB external drive and have money left over. The One is capable of supporting up to three external drives and the feature is well-supported by the operating system. Every bundle has a digital download code, whether you're talking about SSO, COD, Assassin's Creed, etc. Each code will fetch about $45 apiece in the open market initially. So you're basically paying a $100 for 500GB of extra space - not most people's definition of a CAG-quality deal.
doesn't the cod bundle come with kinect also? i thought that's why the price was different

Buy your family the XBOne, and then you'll have an excuse to spend more time with them.

im kinda confused is the price 350 across the board or is the 350 just for the non kinect ones? havent seen a clear price list yet

Nope. Online preorder.
Ok. It would be helpful if you made it more clear in your original post.

Because the online preorders are 100% paid for at time of the initial preorder, coupons can and should be applied at checkout.

Unlike in store preorders, where you make a small down payment and complete the transaction with coupons upon picking up and paying off the game/console.

Amazon has this message on the Sunset Overdrive Bundle now.

Please check back in a couple days for new inventory on the Sunset Overdrive Bundle. Amazon.com will soon have a limited quantity of this item available for $349.99.
Amazon restock is good to know...Ill be holding out until Sunday to use my coupon at Best Buy and have it shipped to my house since itll be cheaper. If they run out of stock in the next day or two (looks like we are gonna be ok), then I will have Amazon + no tax to fall back on. :)

bread's done
Back