$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the SSO bundle to be shipped from Best Buy on Nov 2 but it has yet to ship. The order is currently in the process of being fulfilled with the most recent action being "Preparing Order." I'm hoping they didn't screw up my order somehow.
Same here, I ordered at midnight when it went live. The bonus item shipped but nothing else.

Wanted to post that if you buy a console at best buy, you can get xbox live right now for 39.99. $20 bucks off isn't bad but I think I am going to PM on Saturday to get the free live.
Does anyone know if they are going to ACTUALLY allow the PM of a year free on Saturday or will it be a you have to buy today situation? Also I know that there are only "select" stores in my area running the promotions on Saturday so do I need to go to one of those stores or will any BB price match?

Gave in and ordered AC bundle about 2 hours ago. Of course 1 hour later SSO comes in stock and that's what I really wanted. On call with MS to try and switch my order to SSO. Sucks that Bing 2 day shipping doesn't work with the SSO bundle though
Did you get this fixed or what? Curious what they told you. What I was told first was that they'd send me a new code and I should get it in a few days. Then they told me they could make an exception and give me $100 off if I placed a new order (they absolutely refused to adjust the order I had just made. I don't know if they couldn't or just wouldn't). Of course the SSO bundle was out of stock again at that point so I couldn't make a new order for it. Now I'm supposed to call them when it's in stock and they will do the order with me over the phone and take off the $100.

Anyone having any trouble with the $100 off coupon at Microsoft store again? Now it isn't taking anything off but the code isn't coming up as used it invalid(the one I have used is coming up as invalid though)
i tried to use my code, transaction timed out, now its invalid. so i am not sure if MS thinks its used, or if it's an universal problem with 100 off codes. either way MS online store is a joke

i tried to use my code, transaction timed out, now its invalid. so i am not sure if MS thinks its used, or if it's an universal problem with 100 off codes. either way MS online store is a joke
Well enjoy your chat with MS. I imagine it just messed up when it timed out like you said. Why they don't have a simple way of fixing this is beyond me. It should be maybe a 10 minute phone call but instead it'll be an hour of people bullshitting you before you get what you want. Don't let them escalate it to their "Xbox Support" team either. They literally give you or transfer you to a generic Xbox Support 800 number or to support.xbox.com/contact. How the fuck they're supposed to fix the problem is beyond me lol.

Does anyone have a $100 off code and if so are they working?

Yep, heard that tonight from the customer service rep when I went to my local BBY that the SKU for the SSO bundle is gone from the system so the in-store stock is all that's left.

The SSO bundle wasn't a deal-breaker for me so I picked up the AC bundle with the mover's coupon tonight and will be able to PM for the free year of XBL on Saturday (my store is participating in the holiday event).*

*glad I picked up two movers so I can make sure things are set when I PM Saturday
It's also not a deal breaker for me, but I already have an X1, so at this point I'd rather have one of the two special editions. I'm definitely considering the AC bundle, but my Gamestop is getting two more SSO bundles today or tomorrow so I'm going to for one of those (I have enough credit to get it tax free). If that doesn't pan out, I might just wait until Black Friday and see what Best Buy cooks up since I have enough credit to buy one with a mover's coupon. At this point, if Best Buy has a $300 sale on the Unity bundle and I don't have any credit, I'd have no problem buying another black X1 outright.

i tried my second $100 coupon (used first already on an SSO bundle I bought) on the AC5 bundle and it worked fine.  So if your coupon isn't working I'd say its marked as used somehow, maybe you shared it with someone or something.  Before someone asks, no you can't have it I am planning on buying another one as a xmas gift but just waiting to see what the black friday deals are gonna be.

My SSO bundle ordered a few days ago still hasn't shipped :(  It doesn't look like i'll be getting it before masterchief collection launches.  Hell, if their stock numbers are completely off maybe I will never get it.

My SSO bundle from the Microsoft Store is apparently going to be here by tomorrow (just ordered yesterday with free standard shipping), although will probably end up returning it and keeping the Best Buy order. Will have to PM that free XBL time though come next week.

My SSO bundle from the Microsoft Store is apparently going to be here by tomorrow (just ordered yesterday with free standard shipping), although will probably end up returning it and keeping the Best Buy order. Will have to PM that free XBL time though come next week.
Do you know if you need to bring the Xbox in with you to PM or just the receipt?

Do you know if you need to bring the Xbox in with you to PM or just the receipt?
You have to bring the system in with you. Although mine was an online purchase, so I'll probably call or contact support on the Best Buy forums first.

By the way, I just looked at the ad for next week (in another topic), and it didn't mention 12mo of XBL with an Xbox One purchase? Not sure where you guys heard that from.

Impatience. And yeah they simply won't fix the order I have. Apparently they'll contact me in a few days with a new code and I can try again if it's in stock then. Right.

omg, and now they're telling me I can't cancel the new order I placed because there's a ticket open for it (when I tried to get the price adjusted for the $100 off). I'm on the line now and told them I want it cancelled now as I'm not going to pay full price for it. Stay tuned...Jeeezus.

Edit: So now they're telling me to order a new one and they'll make the price difference for that new order. Except the fucking thing is out of stock again. So I'm telling them to just cancel the order I'll buy another PS4 instead lol. Now I'm on hold again.

Edit 2: Ok they managed to cancel the SSO bundle and now I'm back where I started. They say to call them when this bundle is back in stock and they'll honor the promo over the phone, but can't just tell me or email me a code. Fun times.
lol like I said, you should have just waited. Impatience causes more aggravation than necessary.

What date did you guys get the $100 coupon from MS when the site was glitching?  I'm trying to find my email and I don't know where it's been since I have a ton of email accounts.   I'm trying to get rid of the coupon now that I got my Xbone already. 

To throw some caution into the wind, there's a chance the mover's coupon won't work this Saturday at BB when you come in to try and get the free year of LIVE.  I attempted to used my 10% entire purchase coupon when they ran the last B2G1 sale and the coupon was nullified by what appeared to be due to the package discount.  I used that very same coupon on a separate game transaction that didn't involve the B2G1, and it worked.  I can't quite pinpoint it, but there's a possibility that free items may disqualify the mover's coupon in POS.  Just an experimental observation so be prepared to have a backup plan if the coupon doesn't work so you don't look like an idiot trying to figure out your next step while the cashier waits for you to swipe your credit card.

Did you get this fixed or what? Curious what they told you. What I was told first was that they'd send me a new code and I should get it in a few days. Then they told me they could make an exception and give me $100 off if I placed a new order (they absolutely refused to adjust the order I had just made. I don't know if they couldn't or just wouldn't). Of course the SSO bundle was out of stock again at that point so I couldn't make a new order for it. Now I'm supposed to call them when it's in stock and they will do the order with me over the phone and take off the $100.
It got fixed... more or less. They placed a new sunset overdrive bundle order for me, I lucked out to finish that while it was still in stock last night. Then the lady promised a refund of $100 would be processed at "level 3 status" or something to make up for not being able to use the coupon again. She also told me that it was too soon to cancel the original order but if I called them the next morning they could definitely cancel it then. I called in the morning and then the new guy said it was now too late to cancel, of course :wall: . So now I have to send the AC bundle back in when it gets here for them to process a refund for that. I'm in backorder limbo on the sunset overdrive bundle like a lot of other people though so no idea when it will ship. So, assuming MS actually has SSO bundles to send out I'll get mine eventually, but man I feel your pain. Online MS store is awful.

What date did you guys get the $100 coupon from MS when the site was glitching? I'm trying to find my email and I don't know where it's been since I have a ton of email accounts. I'm trying to get rid of the coupon now that I got my Xbone already.

To throw some caution into the wind, there's a chance the mover's coupon won't work this Saturday at BB when you come in to try and get the free year of LIVE. I attempted to used my 10% entire purchase coupon when they ran the last B2G1 sale and the coupon was nullified by what appeared to be due to the package discount. I used that very same coupon on a separate game transaction that didn't involve the B2G1, and it worked. I can't quite pinpoint it, but there's a possibility that free items may disqualify the mover's coupon in POS. Just an experimental observation so be prepared to have a backup plan if the coupon doesn't work so you don't look like an idiot trying to figure out your next step while the cashier waits for you to swipe your credit card.
The new movers coupon is only for a single item, I assume those will also not work with the free year of live.

What date did you guys get the $100 coupon from MS when the site was glitching?  I'm trying to find my email and I don't know where it's been since I have a ton of email accounts.   I'm trying to get rid of the coupon now that I got my Xbone already. 

To throw some caution into the wind, there's a chance the mover's coupon won't work this Saturday at BB when you come in to try and get the free year of LIVE.  I attempted to used my 10% entire purchase coupon when they ran the last B2G1 sale and the coupon was nullified by what appeared to be due to the package discount.  I used that very same coupon on a separate game transaction that didn't involve the B2G1, and it worked.  I can't quite pinpoint it, but there's a possibility that free items may disqualify the mover's coupon in POS.  Just an experimental observation so be prepared to have a backup plan if the coupon doesn't work so you don't look like an idiot trying to figure out your next step while the cashier waits for you to swipe your credit card.
"Microsoft Console Trade-In Coupon" from [email protected]

Does anyone know if that $100 trade in coupon (sent out a Xbox arcade last week and got my code via email) works in store too? It doesn't say, just says instructions to use online...

The movers coupon definitely won't work with the free year of xbox live. The people who already used the coupon should just wait for it to be $25 in black friday or whatever it was last year.

Has no one tried to use the code in store? I'd prefer to go pick up a console today. I guess the free two day shipping isn't bad either though.

First post from a long time lurker:

Traded in my PS3 Slim to Best Buy for $100.  They gave me a gift card for the $100 but also said I was eligible for another $50 off for upgrading to a different console.  Snagged the newly price dropped AC bundle for $350.  Had $20 in rewards certificates, so out the door for $180 bucks!

Had planned on going to MS Store to get the $100 trade in on PS3 but went to BB since it opened earlier on Sunday and got totally surprised by the extra $50 off!  Plus they had the sale on controllers if you bought a new console.

I just received my SSO bundle from Amazon. I'm now glad I ordered one as it's no longer available from Amazon and BB is no longer shipping them and my area doesn't have any.

God dammit, my GS had two today, but they couldn't hold one for me apparently, I got there 5 minutes after they received them and they were both already gone... I feel defeated.

best buy holiday event this Saturday. 1-4 at select stores. You get a year free with a console purchase.
Does anyone know for sure if they are going to allow us to "price match" the offer if we bought a system this week? Also do we have to go to the locations listing online in our area to do so or will any location price match?

You have to bring the system in with you. Although mine was an online purchase, so I'll probably call or contact support on the Best Buy forums first.
By the way, I just looked at the ad for next week (in another topic), and it didn't mention 12mo of XBL with an Xbox One purchase? Not sure where you guys heard that from.
Receipt only, if the serial number is on it. Also, it's a Best Buy Price Adjustment not a Price Match

Is there any expiration on the $50 coupon? I know the $100 is a gift card, but does the coupon have an expiration? I am only asking since I do want the SOD bundle but I do not need it right away. I can wait past BF and even Xmas and all. Plus hopefully they will get more stock of it at Best Buy in the near future since it sold so well.

Is there any expiration on the $50 coupon? I know the $100 is a gift card, but does the coupon have an expiration? I am only asking since I do want the SOD bundle but I do not need it right away. I can wait past BF and even Xmas and all. Plus hopefully they will get more stock of it at Best Buy in the near future since it sold so well.
The coupon expires on the 15th of this month.

The coupon expires on the 15th of this month.
Thank you. Well that is good. Its the same day my movers coupon expires. Could I purchase the AC bundle and exchange it for the SSOD one if it comes available down the road or would I lose out on the coupon and the movers code?

Thank you. Well that is good. Its the same day my movers coupon expires. Could I purchase the AC bundle and exchange it for the SSOD one if it comes available down the road or would I lose out on the coupon and the movers code?
You would need another Movers coupon as it is a one time use.

You would need another Movers coupon as it is a one time use.
Oh that will be no problem, the mail lady gave me to packets just in case I make a mistake. She was such a nice lady in the post office and I handed her back one packet since I only needed one. They have a lot of them so I should be able to get another one easily if the comes to that. Thanks for the answer.

Really wanted SSO bundle, but I've given up that hope.    Now I'm trying to decide if I want to trade in my PS3 slim to Best Buy and settle for the Unity bundle.   I still have a ton of games on PS3 through PS+ that I haven't played yet, so I'd like to eventually get another PS3.

Just trying to figure out if I should get the $150 for the ps3 now or just wait a few more months to buy the Xbone while enjoying my ps3.

Side note - I'd be selling the Unity/Black Flag code as well.

I got a dilemma and could use some advice. I went to best buy and traded in a 250gb 360 along with some games. I qualified for the 100 plus 50 bonus on upgrading to an X1.

I didn't realize at the time (that trade in didn't go smoothly) but the games and console got me roughly 205 gift card plus the 50 coupon. I managed to get the last SSO bundle and started checking out.

The console was 350 and then when he scanned the coupon it only took 50 off the price. I wasn't thinking straight but that's what it was supposed to do. I told the clerk it should take off 150. He didn't realize what was going on either. I used the gift card that had the 205 credit then he manually dropped off another 100.

I shouldn't have gotten that 100 off. I don't want the clerk getting in trouble. Should I go to the store and explain what happened. In wondering if bringing it up now will draw more bad attention. I feel bad

The movers coupon definitely won't work with the free year of xbox live. The people who already used the coupon should just wait for it to be $25 in black friday or whatever it was last year.
Thanks for reporting.

As I mentioned,I think some people are going to be disappointed this Saturday when they try this.

I got a dilemma and could use some advice. I went to best buy and traded in a 250gb 360 along with some games. I qualified for the 100 plus 50 bonus on upgrading to an X1.

I didn't realize at the time (that trade in didn't go smoothly) but the games and console got me roughly 205 gift card plus the 50 coupon. I managed to get the last SSO bundle and started checking out.

The console was 350 and then when he scanned the coupon it only took 50 off the price. I wasn't thinking straight but that's what it was supposed to do. I told the clerk it should take off 150. He didn't realize what was going on either. I used the gift card that had the 205 credit then he manually dropped off another 100.

I shouldn't have gotten that 100 off. I don't want the clerk getting in trouble. Should I go to the store and explain what happened. In wondering if bringing it up now will draw more bad attention. I feel bad
again, your fine, did he have to get an override to drop the extra $100? should have unless they were a manager. Trust me nothing in the system directly shows up and they have a monthly large allowance on price changes... they should have actually researched the $100 rather than just doing it... it was there bad, you were confused and it's fine.

again, your fine, did he have to get an override to drop the extra $100? should have unless they were a manager. Trust me nothing in the system directly shows up and they have a monthly large allowance on price changes... they should have actually researched the $100 rather than just doing it... it was there bad, you were confused and it's fine.
He called someone else over for an override. So he won't catch any heat over this? He does trade inns for me often and is a nice guy.

He called someone else over for an override. So he won't catch any heat over this? He does trade inns for me often and is a nice guy.
yea that is why they need a manager for an override, that is when the manager should ask the reason. the only person that could be in trouble, but won't, would be the manager for blindly discounting something $100... no worries, again you are another person that got a steal on account of user error on Best Buy's part.

yea that is why they need a manager for an override, that is when the manager should ask the reason. the only person that could be in trouble, but won't, would be the manager for blindly discounting something $100... no worries, again you are another person that got a steal on account of user error on Best Buy's part.
Alright cool. Well guess I'll accept the gift and move on. Karma will take it off of me at some point anyways. I predict speeding ticket in not to distant future.

bread's done
Back