50% off Criterion sale @ BN, online & in-store, 07/05/16 - 08/01/16.

BNINSURE05 (5% Off Promo Code)

Not major but it will offset most of your tax on your order. Also, spend $25.00 or greater to get free economy shipping (5-8 business days).

Last edited by a moderator:
BNINSURE05 (5% Off Promo Code)

Not major but it will offset most of your tax on a hundred dollar order.
Since it's based on percentages, it doesn't matter how much your order is but thanks for the code.

Already hit it up in-store with membership discount and two 20% off coupons... Jellyfish Eyes, Watership Down, The Manchurian Candidate, Dr. Strangelove, Fantastic Planet... out the door for about 83 and some change. All blu.

Grabbing Strangelove from the sale, any recommendations for a second film? I am currently between House and Lady Snowblood Complete 

How common are restocks?

Last Temptation of Christ is sold out

EDIT: Never mind

I stopped by my local Barnes and Noble and got in on this deal before it expired. They had a fairly nice selection of Criterion Blu-Rays there. I picked up several promising films, including the recently-released Carnival of Souls.

I picked these up Brazil and Paris, Texas BDs yesterday at B&N. Used my 20% off one item e-mail coupon twice.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Mulholland Drive got the Criterion treatment. I would consider getting that and Brazil.
Purchased Mulholland Dr. during one of their last sales and it looks awesome on blu. Highly recommend it . One of my favorite movies of all-time and Lynch's best work.

You need some more movies from this sale.

I highly recommend:

• Le Samourai
  • Kwaidan
  • Carnival of Souls
  • Blue is the Warmest Color
Kwaidan is on my table actually, haven't kept the list as updated as I need to. :/ Had to stop buying this sale, overspent a bit.

All I got this time was Dr. Strangelove, The In-Laws, and the Julien Duvivier Eclipse set. I usually try to catch up on everything during these sales, but I'll have to do that in the November one.

E: it's crazy that Le Samourai still hasn't gotten a BR upgrade yet. I refuse to buy DVDs (Eclipse excluded, for obvious reasons) and I have the other Melville Blus.

Would have been nice to get Pan's Labyrinth with this sale but that isn't out yet.  Oh well, guess I will wait for another one....

I'll believe it when I see it but a cashier at B&N told me yesterday that there's talk of doing away with the 50% off Criterion sales stacking with the 20% off coupons going forward.

I'll believe it when I see it but a cashier at B&N told me yesterday that there's talk of doing away with the 50% off Criterion sales stacking with the 20% off coupons going forward.
cashiers don't know anything

maybe at his store only, while that one manager there is exercising power.

bread's done
Back