50% off games sale at FYE for PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSP & Gamecube

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
I went to my local FYE store in Riverdale Utah today and noticed they were loading up a total of 4 dump bins up to the top with 50% off games. I only have the one local store so I cannot confirm or deny if this is chain-wide or just a local deal. Confirmation anyone? There were a LOT of older sports titles, however there were some good finds in the bins as well. Here are just a few examples I remember off the top of my head. If this is chain-wide then I am sure selection on these older games will be YMMV on a store by store basis. The games were new and not used. There were a ton more older sports games but I chose to focus on the non-sport titles that I could remember. These prices are after the 50% off.

Breath of Fire 4 $10
Wild Arms 3 $7.50
Super Monkey Ball GCN $7.50
Eternal Darkness $10
F-Zero GCN $10
Sphinx & Cursed mummy Xbox or PS2 $5
MLB 07 PSP $10
Madden 06 & 07 Xbox 360 $5
College Basketball 2K6 Xbox 360 $5
Rogue Squadron 3 $7.50
Syphon Filter Omega Strain (with slipcase) $7.50
Metal Arms $7.50
Viewtiful Joe 2 GCN $7.50
Terminator 2 Xbox PS2
Summoner 2 PS2
Beyond Good and Evil PS2
Death by Degrees
Star Wars KOTOR2
Timesplitters Future Perfect PS2
SSX 3 Xbox
Arc the lad twighlight of spirits $10?
1080 Avalanche $25
Chronicles of Riddick
Doom 3 Xbox
Dead to Rights 2 Xbox
Fable Lost Chapters
The Thing Xbox
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Coretex Xbox $10
Air Force Delta Strike PS2
Blood Rayne 2 PS2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds
Narnia
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire GCN $7.50 or $10?
Harry Potter and the Chamer of Secrets GCN $10
Pokemon Channel $15
Sudeki $7.50
Links 2004
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness $15
Outlaw Volleyball Xbox $5
Quantum Redshift
XIII Xbox $5

Sony brand PSP car charger $10
Sony PSone system $25
Sony brand PSone multitap $10
Nintendo Gamecube (Black or Platinum) $50

Also my backstage pass worked with the games for 10% more off but not the systems for the additional 10% off. There were TONS more games (4 dump bins completely full) but those are the ones I could remember.

Cleaned up the first post a little. If I didn't put a price its because I couldn't remember what it was. If I go back later on I will get more prices and possibly a couple pictures with my camera phone.

If you don't have F-Zero and you have a Gamecube you are missing out.

If you have any system and don't have Metal Arms you are missing out.

More than likely a YMMV deal. Various FYE stores have stopped carrying games over the past months and cleared out their stock. Unfortunately, I haven't stumbled upon any in Jersey, yet. There was an FYE in Wayne that closed, but by the time I got there, the games section had already been attacked by the local hoarders, I suppose.

Your memory is apparently spotless, damn, most people can only remember 5-7 digits for a number of seconds.

I went to an FYE the other day and saw a few 50% off games (probably what was left). The only problem is that the prices are still at original MSRP or over it.

[quote name='myjester2112']My FYE in Buffalo,Ny has had this for a few weeks and there isn't much really worthwhile available.[/quote]

Where in Buffalo? I am thinking about stopping by the one in williamsville and was wondering if its worth it.

[quote name='monkeydeew']New games or Used games?[/QUOTE]

Read much?

[quote name='Purkeynator']The games were new and not used.[/QUOTE]

Somebody check their local FYE for Xbox360 Bioshock for me. I will gladly pay price + shipping, etc!

I have Paypal

Unfortunately, I do not have a FYE anywhere near me.

Crud, the only FYE to my knowledge is near Rockefeller Center. There used to be one near where I lived but it became a GameStop, and I frickin' missed its clearance sale! Anguish!

[quote name='deadite76']This has been going on for a couple of months:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169968&highlight=FYE

Impressive memory OP!![/QUOTE]

hmm I am wondering if this is a new sale? I have not seen the bins out before this week and I usually go about twice a week to look for blu ray movies with my 40% off coupons I seem to get in the mail every week. I did some looking through that thread and these games seem to be different than the ones in that older thread.

I never noticed the racks with the 50% off games before but they looked pretty cleared out at my local FYE. However, I did manage to score a used copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance for 10 bucks, so I did not go home disappointed.

bread's done
Back