50% off Heavy Rain Director's Cut, GameStop PUR only. EXP: 4/24

I ended up grabbing this with Far Cry 3 and Doom 3 BFG today. After 10FREE it came out to $50 before tax, so that's cool. Had plenty of gift cards I never get to use, from lack of deals.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']That good you say? Might have to push it up on my backlog list.[/QUOTE]

It's really, REALLY good. I'm gonna play through it again soon and maybe make some different choices to see how the story plays out.

[quote name='FEN1XD0WN']is today the last day or will i be able to go to a store tomorrow and pick up a copy?[/QUOTE]

Deal is still active online so I assume it is still good in-store as well. I may pick up a copy myself later.

From the website: "PUR MEMBERS GET HEAVY RAIN FOR $9.99 - PUR Members get Heavy Rain Director's Cut for $9.99. Offer Expries 4/29/13. - Heavy Rain Director's Cut"

Thanks CAG :)

Although I'm gonna try to hit up a store today so I can save on shipping.

did the website always have 4/29 or was the promo extended? Hope instore is until the 29th as well. Gamestop and their weird as weekly schedule

The website originally said the offered expired today 4/24. It would be cool if it was extended as I don't get paid until to morrow and have been eyeing this one for a while. I just checked the website though and there is no longer any info on the offer.

I just checked again and it was on the main page. When I clicked the link it took me to the page for the game. Previously it had the little PUR offer, disclaimer info there but now it doesn't. Looks like all the offers on the main page change when you refresh the page. When/where did anyone even see that it was now expiring on 4/29?

[quote name='mask.air.raid']It's not working for me. The page doesn't mention it anymore and it doesn't apply in my cart.[/QUOTE]

You've logged in with your PUR number, right?

I snagged this along with a couple other used 50% titles earlier today to get the free shipping, worked even though the discount total was less than $25 as well as saying that it expired on 4/1. The backlog continues to grow.

I did. I am logged into my account and my number is applied.

I got
cart_btn_pursucess.gif
clear.gif
You scored PowerUp Rewards™ Points!
clear.gif
cart_btn_pursucess.gif
clear.gif
You scored discounts on PowerUp Rewards Pro™ eligible items!
and

Your Card Has Been Applied

on the page for my shopping cart.

I may contact customer service, but I've got other phone calls to make before that.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']I did. I am logged into my account and my number is applied.

I got
cart_btn_pursucess.gif
clear.gif
You scored PowerUp Rewards™ Points!
clear.gif
cart_btn_pursucess.gif
clear.gif
You scored discounts on PowerUp Rewards Pro™ eligible items!
and

Your Card Has Been Applied

on the page for my shopping cart.

I may contact customer service, but I've got other phone calls to make before that.[/QUOTE]
go to check out and the $10 discount will be applied

I just got mine in store for $9.99. I'm going to dig through the pages of the thread, but I'm looking for alternative cover art for the director's cut. I see they there are some black label that have the "move support" design up top, so all I need is that with the director's cut text splayed beneath the title.
Also, on the topic of cover art, what print style/paper is recommended for the photo area in a store to print me?

[quote name='Finch106']I just got mine in store for $9.99. I'm going to dig through the pages of the thread, but I'm looking for alternative cover art for the director's cut. I see they there are some black label that have the "move support" design up top, so all I need is that with the director's cut text splayed beneath the title.
Also, on the topic of cover art, what print style/paper is recommended for the photo area in a store to print me?[/QUOTE]

Get it done professionally at officemax/kinkos semigloss paper color copy real cheap.

[quote name='Desousa93']Get it done professionally at officemax/kinkos semigloss paper color copy real cheap.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot.

Heh, I gave up on cover art woes for certain games. I've accepted a few red games into my PS3 collection. Heavy Rain Director's Cut only comes in a red case/greatest hits artwork, and Red Dead GOTY and Arkham Asylum GOTY are damn near impossible to find the original, non-Greatest Hits versions.

And yeah it was finicky yesterday when I tried getting the promo to work. I went to checkout, put in my PUR number, and it didn't immediately activate. I either navigated a bit and came back, or removed and re-added the game to my cart.

I finally gave up. I have a PUR Pro card that I let expire. It let me apply my code, but never would apply the discount. I guess I either have to renew my Pro card or go apply for a free one. I had hoped that the Pro card would just roll over into a free membership once it was not renewed.

[quote name='Hodaka']I finally gave up. I have a PUR Pro card that I let expire. It let me apply my code, but never would apply the discount. I guess I either have to renew my Pro card or go apply for a free one. I had hoped that the Pro card would just roll over into a free membership once it was not renewed.[/QUOTE]

Try going to checkout, that's how I got it to work for me.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Try going to checkout, that's how I got it to work for me.[/QUOTE]

I was originally trying most of this from their mobile site and had no luck. This morning I tried to login through my computer and it wouldn't work either and kept telling me that my email address format was invalid. I finally clicked on the cart again and it showed me as logged in and had the discount applied. Their site needs some serious work.

Edit: Now they won't accept my billing info, despite the fact that I've ordered many times before. This just isn't worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got me a copy in-store. It was "Gamestop New," circular sticker on the gutted copy. I don't mind given the price.

Was more disappointed that I missed the Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition. It would have been very first, maybe creepy/pervy statue.

It may have been a bad edit in the description, but that doesn't make sense.

It did say 4/29. It probably said that but it was programmed to terminate at the original 4/25 date.

That would suck.

I have the same cart that I had from last time because I wanted to add a new game to get another $10 discount, but the Heavy Rain discount is gone and my coupons are gone as well, except SAVER.

[quote name='Zolor23']WTF? I ordered on the first or second day, and UPS gave it to USPS in Boston...then that's it. No updates for two days.[/QUOTE]

I would imagine mail in Boston is backed up, give it a few more days

You know, I'm enjoying this game, but I don't ever want to hear a PS3 owner think he's cool by ragging on the Wii's use of motion controls. Some of the control things in this game are idiotic.

And I'm a couple of hours into the game, but I hope the ending isn't quite as obvious as it seems to be this early in the game. I'm usually pretty good about figuring out movie plots--and I do NOT want spoilers!--but if there isn't a major twist at the end, I will be disappointed. (I mean they've only introduced 2 possible characters that could be the killer at this point...
And I hope they're not just relying on the flashback/mind scramble mechanic as their means of hiding the killer's identity.
)

bread's done
Back