50% off select Atari games (PC) @ Direct2Drive.

I'd grab TDU2 for a tenner, but I don't want another downloader next to Steam and EADM :(

edit:
damn, it has securom with 4-activation limit. no buy then

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lidl']I'd grab TDU2 for a tenner, but I don't want another downloader next to Steam and EADM :([/QUOTE]

Direct2drive doesn't mandate the use of its downloader apps (although it strongly encourages it) unless you're using IE as your browser (because of limitations in some versions of that browser on downloaded file sizes). If you click the right link when you go to the download screen, you will be directed to a zipped file (~ 6Gb); I picked up TDU2 the last time it was on sale through D2D and have played a wee bit so far.

Wow, the 4 years old Test Drive Unlimited is the same price as its recently release sequal. Bought both games recently at $4 and $8.50 respectively from D2D. Pretty good racing games, if you got the hardware.

[quote name='SeanTM22']So is TDU2 worth it at $10, heard this game bombed[/QUOTE]

Lots of game content for $10. It's not your average racer. It's more like a relaxing racing game.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Can you backup your games if you DL them from D2D?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, yes. Though it may depend on the game. Company of Heroes and Mafia both gave me multi gig setup files.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Can you backup your games if you DL them from D2D?[/QUOTE]

What purpose is backing up games when you can redownload it whenever you need it? It makes more sense to backup your game saves instead in case of hdd crapping.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']What purpose is backing up games when you can redownload it whenever you need it? It makes more sense to backup your game saves instead in case of hdd crapping.[/QUOTE]

I backup on disc. And HDD. 2 of them. Because if I don't have internet or the business I bought it from ends. I still have my games.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I backup on disc. And HDD. 2 of them. Because if I don't have internet or the business I bought it from ends. I still have my games.[/QUOTE]

I see. But I don't think D2D, Steam, GFWL are going anywhere anytime soon. Speaking of Steam and GFWL, anyone knows if their games can be backed up?

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I see. But I don't think D2D, Steam, GFWL are not going anywhere anytime soon. Speaking of Steam and GFWL, anyone knows if their games can be backed up?[/QUOTE]

In 10 years I'll want to play an old ass game I loved and none of them may be around or they may have changed their policies. Like now, there is an old ass game I can't find anymore from 2000. bums me out.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']In 10 years I'll want to play an old ass game I loved and none of them may be around or they may have changed their policies. Like now, there is an old ass game I can't find anymore from 2000. bums me out.[/QUOTE]

Well, the short answer to your question is "yes." You can download a zip file that contains all game files by not using D2D's downloaders. You can copy that file to an external HDD or a DVD (depending on file size).

How useful this is depends on the DRM for a given game. There may be no servers out there to activate your 10-year-old game in 2021, but if it's just a game you have to enter a serial code locally for, you can just copy the code you get in your email from D2D to a text or HTML file and save it on your backup medium of choice in the same location as the game file.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']I see. But I don't think D2D, Steam, GFWL are going anywhere anytime soon. Speaking of Steam and GFWL, anyone knows if their games can be backed up?[/QUOTE]

The Steam client has a built-in backup functionality, although I've never actually used it. (I'm way too lazy to back up my Steam game list--I'd probably be backing stuff up for a week.) I'm not sure about GWfL--I can probably count on one hand games I've actually downloaded from there.

[quote name='H4Y4TO']TDU2 is a good deal... However, I am going to wait till its 10$ on steam :)[/QUOTE]

Probably the next big sale (summer or xmas?). Well, the Steam version does have achievements, so if you're a sucker for those, you might be better off waiting. . . (I probably would have but I bit on this the last time D2D was selling it for $10).

I would also like to know exactly what's up with that Champions Online pack for 10$...I just started playing it recently and if that's a good deal I may be interested in it.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I would also like to know exactly what's up with that Champions Online pack for 10$...I just started playing it recently and if that's a good deal I may be interested in it.[/QUOTE]

Your best best is to ask in the Champs forums. It would be interesting to know if this version unlocks anything that you can keep when your sub hits free status.

bread's done
Back