50% Off Select PCDDs & 40% Off Select Console Games + Free PCDD at EA Origin Store

FlyingMonkey9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
CheapyD Edit: Got this info from EA's PR rep:

50% off Select PCDDs

• This link should automatically add the coupon code: FIFTYOFF
  • Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid for PC Digital Download titles only. Excludes pre-orders, titles released less than 30 days (Alice and Sims 3 Generations), Crysis® 2, point cards, time cards. Discount is valid only on new purchases from ORIGIN at www.origin.com . Excludes pre-orders, titles released less than 30 days, point cards, time cards, and Crysis® 2. This offer expires on 6/26 @11:59PM PST and cannot be combined with any other Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S. and CANADA . Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. See specific Product Information pages by clicking on “more info” for additional terms and conditions for each title.

40% Off Select Console Games + Free PCDD title - Use coupon code: HOTDEAL PS3 - Xbox 360 - Wii - Other Consoles

• Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase . Excludes pre-orders, titles released less than 30 days (Alice and Sims 3 Generations), Crysis® 2, point cards, time cards. Discount is valid only on new purchases from ORIGIN at www.origin.com . Excludes pre-orders, titles released less than 30 days, point cards, time cards, and Crysis® 2. This offer expires on 6/26 @11:59PM PST and cannot be combined with any other Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S. and CANADA . Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. See specific Product Information pages by clicking on “more info” for additional terms and conditions for each title.

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
B20110616_headgradient.jpg
Hero2.jpg
B20110616_heroright.jpg
B20110616_herobottom.jpg

Interesting... my email says 50%. Is it working on the site though? Those prices still seem really high... $39.99 for Sims 3?

EDIT: Ahhh.... I see now... my 50% link is for PC games only.

I googled and they are having the same confusion over at slickdeals. Sounds like EA jumped the gun or something.

pages are down, im sure within a few hours the promo will be back up-

nothing really special even at 40%, especially when most ea titles are less than 39.99 these days at stores where many people here have credit (gamestop, best buy, amazon)

Nothing really exciting here, even with the 40% discount - as the person above me as pointed out. If EA sort this out, i do have a $20 off coupon that i'lll sell for $15 to anyone that's interested

50% off is the direct download PC games. 40% off, I didn't receive any email about that but it wasn't showing for me this morning, so I chatted with the rep to see when the sale will start. He says they're experiencing problem and gave me $20 off coupon code. I asked for 2 and he told me to fuck off. lol jk he did give me one though.

[quote name='kouleefoh']50% off is the direct download PC games. 40% off, I didn't receive any email about that but it wasn't showing for me this morning, so I chatted with the rep to see when the sale will start. He says they're experiencing problem and gave me $20 off coupon code. I asked for 2 and he told me to fuck off. lol jk he did give me one though.[/QUOTE]

Lucky bastard! Can you use that on anything, even something under 40?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Lucky bastard! Can you use that on anything, even something under 40?[/QUOTE]
yes it does. i think the free PC download is assigned with whatever game you buy.
I guess NFS Shift is the free download

7 dollar shipping kind of killed it for me. On top of the digital download gaming being that horrible not quite sure if it is trying to be a sim or arcade game NFS: Shift that I already own.

Would have loved to get Dead Space 2 for PS3 for $24 though.

Ironically, this prompted me to buy from Amazon lol- used my VISA rewards credit to get Dragon Age Complete for PS3 for 13

I have it on the PC, but I got into a game breaking glitch - even on easy I cant beat a hoarde of enemies that never stops

Also have DA2 in my backlog lol :p

If you spend $40 or so I think you get free shipping. I just tried that out on Bulletstorm and Dead Space 2 and the shipping went away.

I'd probably do it if the downloadable game wasn't NFS and something I actually wanted instead.

Is this working for any of you? I've been trying to benefit from this deal ever since I got the email, early this morning. I was even going to create a thread here, but since their website was going haywire, I decided to wait.

Now, even though the coupon is up and applies to the games in your shopping cart (before I couldn't even ADD games to the cart), I can't proceed to checkout without getting a message saying that my shopping cart is empty.

I tried to reach customer support through online chat (I should probably post the transcript here later because I'm sure some of you will find it amusing and even have a laugh or two at my expense), talking on the phone with another (40min total time on the phone) and I have been waiting for yet another "available advisor" online (tier 2) for at least 1 hour. This is getting ridiculous.

P.S.: No one even MENTIONED giving me a $20 off coupon. BASTARDS!

I ended up getting Hot Pursuit and Dead Space 2 for PS3 for a total of 50.xx after tax so it worked for me. Seemed like a pretty good deal without the added free Origin game. I already have Shift for PS3 but now I have it on PC too as well I guess (don't really care for the game though).

[quote name='Saablic']I ended up getting Hot Pursuit and Dead Space 2 for PS3 for a total of 50.xx after tax so it worked for me. Seemed like a pretty good deal without the added free Origin game. I already have Shift for PS3 but now I have it on PC too as well I guess (don't really care for the game though).[/QUOTE]

Mind if I ask what browser did you use? I've tried with Chrome, Safari and even IE but I still get the same message when proceeding to checkout ("Your shopping cart is empty").

I used Chrome but maybe they are just having server issues between my order and now.

I should also say that I haven't received a confirmation email yet either so maybe it didn't go through. I don't see a way to even log into your account on that site.

It's not working for me. I'm not getting 40% off.

When does 40% should come in to affect? as soon as you put it in cart, or at checkout?

Edit: i tried checkout, but, it still is not showing 40% off. I'm trying to get DS2 for PS3, and Battlefield: BC2 for XBox360. And final price is $85.00, with tax no shipping.

Hopefully I'll get it working. :roll:

[quote name='Saablic']It shows up right away as soon as I add one to cart for me. Sorry I can't be of more help.[/QUOTE]

That's okay. Thx anyway. :)

Maybe this is a good thing. Since now I've read that Amazon is having "Gold Box Video Game All Day", tomorrow. Maybe one of the games that I wanted to buy from EA, would be there. :)

And this offer from EA last until 6.26 - so, there's plenty of time.

I have bullet storm, dead space 2, and dragon age ultimate for $65 shipped. not sure if i want to pull the trigger....

Finally got my order through, at 5PM, after trying to do it since 7AM, when the email came in my inbox.

I'll try to summarize what happened. In the morning, EA's servers were acting completely crazy. The email was sent way before the deal was even on (no coupon code was showing up). And even after the deal officially started, most people were still not seeing the discounts during checkout.

After lunch, things got solved. For most, at least. Those who had old EA accounts (like me) were still experiencing problems trying to checkout (it was impossible to do it - you'd get a "your cart is empty" message). And since there is no proper way to login/logout from Origin's website (which is still in beta, just like the software), the only way to revert it was to go for a power cycle on your modem/router (clearing the cache/history would NOT work).

Things get a little complicated here, since I'm staying in a hotel with a shared connection for all rooms, with no modem/router to be seen. Even worse, I had an international credit card on file (I'm a foreigner), something that the system does not allow anymore (only US and Canadian cards are accepted). That basically issued a "this statement is false" command to the robot servers, who were refusing to let me connect to their website, sending me in a loophole of 404s, empty shopping carts, etc.

I went through 4 different agents online and 1 on the phone (who mixed up my shipping and billing address and ended up placing a bogus order, putting a hold on my card in the full amount), went all the way up to tier 3 before I realized what was happening after I had the idea of using my phone and its 3G connection to attempt yet another purchase.

So, after 4 browsers on 3 different systems, I was finally able to place my order. But not before creating a new account on my phone! The old one, linked to my international credit card, is pretty much inaccessible right now. And there's no way to edit it or remove that old information. If this is any indication on how EA's Origin service is going to be, we should be very, VERY afraid, my friends.

Bit on DA:O UE and Bulletstorm. Went to Gamestop first to get two $20 EA Cash Cards so I wouldn't be blowing my own money. I may actually do this more often now that I know Gamestop carries these cards and I can just use my store credit basically. Not that EA usually runs a lot of good sales outside of the flash deals, but this is still a great alternative where money isn't really leaving my pocket.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Not that EA usually runs a lot of good sales outside of the flash deals, but this is still a great alternative where money isn't really leaving my pocket.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that, but they've been running these flash deals and facebook deals constantly over the past few months. I think it's great, and I hope it continues. If they're going to compete with Steam, then they have to keep going with deals like this.

[quote name='Jobbercho']Grabbed Battlefield:BC2. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

U paid what $30 (before tax) only for BFBC2?

U should of added 1 more game, that was $29, and then u would of got free shipping (over $40 shipping is free), which is $7. And you would of got 2 games for $41-42 (pre tax). So second game like "Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition" cost $12-13.

Bulletstorm, NBA JAm, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, Mass Effect 2, The Sims 3

Debating on the Above. Needs to be over $40. Anyone have any opinion on any of these games good or bad?

I've got 3 $20 codes that stack with the promo - i'm selling them at $10 each for any one who'd like to get even more of a discount on the deal. Shoot me a PM if interested

eaup.jpg
eaup.jpg
[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']It's not working for me. I'm not getting 40% off.

When does 40% should come in to affect? as soon as you put it in cart, or at checkout?

Edit: i tried checkout, but, it still is not showing 40% off. I'm trying to get DS2 for PS3, and Battlefield: BC2 for XBox360. And final price is $85.00, with tax no shipping.

Hopefully I'll get it working. :roll:[/QUOTE]

OMG!!! this is still not working properly for me. Now, I'm only getting discount on 1 game, + they are charging me for free PC download. hahahahahaha

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
eaup.jpg

Bit on Sims 3, Dragon Age Ultimate and Mass Effect 2 for $58.29 total including tax. I think its a pretty solid deal. Really want to play all 3 games, and its probally like 200 hours of gaming right there ;)

I finally was able to place the order... but, now I don't know where from am I supposed to download, the free downloadable game? is it from My EA account, and than go to "my games"? I did go there, and it's not showing.

This IS a pretty solid deal, I don't get why people were complaining about it. It seems like some of them thought that the 40% off only applied to full MSRP, but no, even select discounted games are part of it. I bought 8 PS3 games and only payed ~$180 with free shipping and $5 tax for all of them (total savings of almost $160).

[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']OMG!!! this is still not working properly for me. Now, I'm only getting discount on 1 game, + they are charging me for free PC download. hahahahahaha[/QUOTE]

I recently got an email with the following: link to email page

You should try again, maybe it's working now. :D

[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']I finally was able to place the order... but, now I don't know where from am I supposed to download, the free downloadable game? is it from My EA account, and than go to "my games"? I did go there, and it's not showing.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see your last post. Glad you managed to place your order. As for the free game, maybe you have to download it from the Origin software? I haven't tried it yet.

bread's done
Back