50% Off Select PCDDs & 40% Off Select Console Games + Free PCDD at EA Origin Store

FlyingMonkey9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
CheapyD Edit: Got this info from EA's PR rep:

50% off Select PCDDs

• This link should automatically add the coupon code: FIFTYOFF
  • Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid for PC Digital Download titles only. Excludes pre-orders, titles released less than 30 days (Alice and Sims 3 Generations), Crysis® 2, point cards, time cards. Discount is valid only on new purchases from ORIGIN at www.origin.com . Excludes pre-orders, titles released less than 30 days, point cards, time cards, and Crysis® 2. This offer expires on 6/26 @11:59PM PST and cannot be combined with any other Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S. and CANADA . Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. See specific Product Information pages by clicking on “more info” for additional terms and conditions for each title.

40% Off Select Console Games + Free PCDD title - Use coupon code: HOTDEAL PS3 - Xbox 360 - Wii - Other Consoles

• Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase . Excludes pre-orders, titles released less than 30 days (Alice and Sims 3 Generations), Crysis® 2, point cards, time cards. Discount is valid only on new purchases from ORIGIN at www.origin.com . Excludes pre-orders, titles released less than 30 days, point cards, time cards, and Crysis® 2. This offer expires on 6/26 @11:59PM PST and cannot be combined with any other Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S. and CANADA . Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. See specific Product Information pages by clicking on “more info” for additional terms and conditions for each title.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that the promo isn't working on the Orange box (which would take the total down from $19.99 to $12) sucks, but not as much as the fact that Game Stop sells the Orange box for $30 used, LOL.

[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']I finally was able to place the order... but, now I don't know where from am I supposed to download, the free downloadable game? is it from My EA account, and than go to "my games"? I did go there, and it's not showing.[/QUOTE]

I think you need their client to see it. I couldn't find a way to see it on the website and the add games is just for a personal library I think. The website is so horribly designed... It wouldn't show my order as existing and now it says my log in fails for checking that but works for other things. I think I should stop trying to work with the site and just try the client when I get home.

Uggh. I was going to get Medal of Honor for the 360 for $17.99(40% off) and get a free download of NFS:Shift (1st one) but the regular shipping is $6.99. For one game standard shipping? Ouch. I think I'll pass.

[quote name='EeK85']Didn't see your last post. Glad you managed to place your order. As for the free game, maybe you have to download it from the Origin software? I haven't tried it yet.[/QUOTE]

I finally was able... It took 2 days to do it. :roll:

You guys are right about downloading the downloadable game from their Origin software. It shows in their Origin client. But, the thing is, nowhere in my order confirmation email, says that I have to down.-it from their software... here's what it says in the mail: "Downloadable products may be accessed by looking up your order. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name".

And I still can't look up my order, because it's still is not showing up, either on EA website, or know in the Origin client. Is this normal, that order is not showing this long (first time shopper from EA sites)?

Origin is such a horrible web site. Just horrible.

Thx a bunch guys for your help. If not for you, I would be still looking where from to down. the free game.

Cheers

[quote name='Saablic']I think you need their client to see it. I couldn't find a way to see it on the website and the add games is just for a personal library I think. The website is so horribly designed... It wouldn't show my order as existing and now it says my log in fails for checking that but works for other things. I think I should stop trying to work with the site and just try the client when I get home.[/QUOTE]

It is horrible site... It's not showing my order anywhere... Yeah, I had, and still have that problem, where log in fails for checking...

I installed client... the free game is showing, but my order is not. :roll:

Glad I wasn't the only one confused Bosnian_Lord. Their email was very misleading and the site just added to the confusion. As long as I get my two PS3 games I am happy. If their client isn't as bad as the site I might try out some mods I was missing out on for NFS: Shift.

I broke down and used the code to get Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate for $26 shipped. I'm would be willing to part with my Need for Speed code for a little PSN Credit or XBL Points, I don't think I'll be using it.

[quote name='Vincedow']This close to steam summer sale, you guys should just wait for even more savings.[/QUOTE]

Last I checked, Steam doesn't sell console games. ;)

[quote name='Saablic']Glad I wasn't the only one confused Bosnian_Lord. Their email was very misleading and the site just added to the confusion. As long as I get my two PS3 games I am happy. If their client isn't as bad as the site I might try out some mods I was missing out on for NFS: Shift.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded NFS: Shift, without any problems with their client, but... game is awful! where the hell is the QUIT button when I'm racing? :lol: I had to use Task Manager to get out... Gameplay is just bad. I'm not a PC gamer, maybe that's why I hate it. PlayStation gamer for the last 14 years. Haven't played PC game in like 5-6 years. To play Gran Turismo, and now this piece of... what a difference. It's not surprising that they are giving it away for free.

I'm deleting it. It's not worth 5GB of my HDD space.

I'm like u, as long as I get my order (1 xbox360, and 1 PS3 game) I'll be happy.

Thanks OP. Might buy a couple like hot pursuit and bullet storm. Tiger woods 12 is also $40 (minus the 40% I guess) . Unless anyone wants to recommend a cheaper alternative.

Edit: Tiger Woods gets down to 35 with the coupon. Not really %40 off. Boo!

dead%2Bspace%2B2.JPG

Ordered Dead Space 2 when this first started, and received 2 copies. (in seperate boxes) Customer PO numbers were the same, but order numbers were different. I double checked my paypal account and was only charged once. weird.

[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']I finally was able... It took 2 days to do it. :roll:

You guys are right about downloading the downloadable game from their Origin software. It shows in their Origin client. But, the thing is, nowhere in my order confirmation email, says that I have to down.-it from their software... here's what it says in the mail: "Downloadable products may be accessed by looking up your order. When the order summary appears, click on the Download link next to the product name".

And I still can't look up my order, because it's still is not showing up, either on EA website, or know in the Origin client. Is this normal, that order is not showing this long (first time shopper from EA sites)?

Origin is such a horrible web site. Just horrible.

Thx a bunch guys for your help. If not for you, I would be still looking where from to down. the free game.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

You're more than welcome, I'm glad I could be of any assistance. :D

And don't even get me started on EA, Origin or their horrible website and online store. Like I said before, it took me from 10 hours, 4 customer support agents and a LOT of patience to be able to complete my order. I think it was still worth it, though, since I saved $160. Still can't find where to login on Origin's home page, though. :lol:

[quote name='SDC']No free shipping is a radical deal killer for me.[/QUOTE]

You get it if you spend at least $39.99.

Pretty disappointed the Mirror's Edge DLC doesn't work with the coupon, I've been itching to reinstall that game but I'm not all that interested in just running through the campaign again.

[quote name='mang9432']
dead%2Bspace%2B2.JPG

Ordered Dead Space 2 when this first started, and received 2 copies. (in seperate boxes) Customer PO numbers were the same, but order numbers were different. I double checked my paypal account and was only charged once. weird.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me with Bulletstorm. Placed one order, but received two separate orders with the same customer PO. Not too upset since I wasn't double charged either, but this looks to be kind of a serious blunder for them if it's happening to multiple people...

Anyone know if this deal stacks with the 25% birthday codes? I'd be interested in buying one off someone if this is the case. PM me.

[quote name='espionage']same thing happened to me with Bulletstorm. Placed one order, but received two separate orders with the same customer PO. Not too upset since I wasn't double charged either, but this looks to be kind of a serious blunder for them if it's happening to multiple people...[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, just looking at my UPS stub and it says I have 2 packages, hoping I also got lucky :)

[quote name='mang9432']
dead%2Bspace%2B2.JPG

Ordered Dead Space 2 when this first started, and received 2 copies. (in seperate boxes) Customer PO numbers were the same, but order numbers were different. I double checked my paypal account and was only charged once. weird.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened here. Guess the new "Origin" store is still running the same old buggy EA store backend.

Just got TWO copies of bulletstorm in the mail but was only charged for one- order numbers are different tho- my guess is that people who had old ea store accounts got processed by shipping twice- one more for origin account

Woot 16 shipped for 2 copies me likey :)

[quote name='EeK85']You're more than welcome, I'm glad I could be of any assistance. :D

And don't even get me started on EA, Origin or their horrible website and online store. Like I said before, it took me from 10 hours, 4 customer support agents and a LOT of patience to be able to complete my order. I think it was still worth it, though, since I saved $160. Still can't find where to login on Origin's home page, though. :lol:

You get it if you spend at least $39.99.[/QUOTE]

EA is lost. I sent them email (before I asked u guys (stupid me)) asking them where to download the free game... and I just got the answer from them, which confused me again. They said that I can't see the free game, because they still have not charged me for the original order (I already downed and deleted free game: NFS:S. :applause:)... which is stupid, because day before this email, I got email, that says that they shipped my order... :lol: And I just checked UPS link, and I should have my games sometimes tomorrow (friday (that is fast for free shipping. ordered tuesday)). hahahahaha. OMG. But, now I'm concerned that they'll charge me double for my order... I sure hope that they are not that stupid.

Login on Origin home page, as I found out by searching all over the site, is hidden pretty good under "Customer Service". How stupid is that. :roll:

Yea shipping is free for orders over $40.

[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']EA is lost. I sent them email (before I asked u guys (stupid me)) asking them where to download the free game... and I just got the answer from them, which confused me again. They said that I can't see the free game, because they still have not charged me for the original order (I already downed and deleted free game: NFS:S. :applause:)... which is stupid, because day before this email, I got email, that says that they shipped my order... :lol: And I just checked UPS link, and I should have my games sometimes tomorrow (friday (that is fast for free shipping. ordered tuesday)). hahahahaha. OMG. But, now I'm concerned that they'll charge me double for my order... I sure hope that they are not that stupid.

Login on Origin home page, as I found out by searching all over the site, is hidden pretty good under "Customer Service". How stupid is that. :roll:

Yea shipping is free for orders over $40.[/QUOTE]

Wat?

Yea they double shipped my games before (before Origin) one time. It was the time when NHL 11 was back ordered and I contacted them several times to see where my games were. I thought the cause for the the double ship was because multiple reps I talked to sent in "Rush order" form for the same order. I didn't know there are so many people getting 2 games for one order. Makes me want to try placing an order to see if I'd get lucky haha.

Couple good titles at decent prices. I grabbed NFS Hot Pursuit for $15 :)

http://store.origin.com/DRHM/store?...&categoryID=56194100&childCategoryID=56194100

You might have to type in the promo code FIFTYOFF, I didn't.

If you don't have a gaming PC your missing out on a lot of (continuous) fantastic deals these days from digital download sites like steam, direct2drive, amazon, origin, greenmangaming, gamersgate, gog, etc. Use these links to get you started on cheap gaming PCs...

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/how_build_kick-ass_gaming_rig_under_700
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buyers-guide/2011/05/10/pc-hardware-buyer-s-guide-may-2011/1

Nice! I have a $20 off coupon so i picked up a few steals. I have 1 coupon left and i'll sell it for $10 PayPal if anyone is interested.

Yeah I saw DA Origins Ultimate, Bulletstorm, and Dead Space 2 are 14.99. I too have a $20 off so I could get 2 of those for $10.

Arent EA games taken off Steam? So a Summer sale for DA Origins wouldnt happen?

[quote name='aznguyen316']Origin = PC[/QUOTE]

You need to tell the Origin.com people that because they just sold me a Wii game the other day. Doh.

FYI, the EA Store is now Origin, so it's multi-platform.

[quote name='Doomtime']^^ No just Crysis 2 so far. Dragon Age 1 & 2 are still on Steam.[/QUOTE]

K cool. I may just wait for the summer sale. Im pretty sure Dragon Origins will go on sale. IDK Ultimate and Bulletstorm I guess for $10? IDK what else Ill use this code on.

EDIT: Just tried my 20 off code and its expired :(

I don't want to start a flame war but, keep in mind that if you buy any games from EA Origin you have a 1-year limit to download or redownload your games.

In other words, after 1 year you can't download the games you bought, and if your account remains inactive for 24 months they will cancel it.

If you have not used your Entitlements or Account for twenty four (24) months or more and your Account has associated Entitlements, your Entitlements will expire and your Account may be cancelled for non-use

Remember to always vote with your wallet.

[quote name='AceSam14']I don't want to start a flame war but, keep in mind that if you buy any games from EA Origin you have a 1-year limit to download or redownload your games.

In other words, after 1 year you can't download the games you bought, and if your account remains inactive for 24 months they will cancel it.

Remember to always vote with your wallet.[/QUOTE]
Key words: may be. It's legalese that covers their ass if ever they need to shut down the service or decide they need to institute such a policy. Likewise, I've read from people who have used it that games can still be redownloaded after the 1 year mark. It, again, is spelled out in the Terms and Conditions to probably give them an out if they want to pull down an old title eventually from the service.

On the flip side, you can keep the installers it downloads for archival purposes, and use that to install from if ever you need to.

I have something purchased in 2008 that I can download right now on Origin. I can post a screenshot if necessary. As for the 24 mos. thing, I guess that's a possibility but if you don't log in once every 2 years, how much are you wanting to keep the account? I don't think anyone has anything to worry about

[quote name='bdb2m'] As for the 24 mos. thing, I guess that's a possibility but if you don't log in once every 2 years, how much are you wanting to keep the account? I don't think anyone has anything to worry about[/QUOTE]

When I buy a game, I want it to be available to me at any time. Whether or not I log into the service every day or once every 5 years...

I realize that this could just be a legal thing to prevent bigger issues if the service ever goes under, but still...

eastore changed it's name to Origin?

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard and makes no sense

worse than Sci-Fi's name change to SyFy

I guess you missed EA at E3 this year.

Only available at origin.com. Was that origin.com? Yes it was, origin.com, where this will only be avaiable....on origin.com.

[quote name='sp8001']When I buy a game, I want it to be available to me at any time. Whether or not I log into the service every day or once every 5 years...

I realize that this could just be a legal thing to prevent bigger issues if the service ever goes under, but still...[/QUOTE]

Then you should never buy anything on Steam either. I would only buy software that allows you to keep the installers if that is truly the case.

[quote name='bdb2m']Then you should never buy anything on Steam either. I would only buy software that allows you to keep the installers if that is truly the case.[/QUOTE]

Steam allows you to make back-ups w/ its built-in "archiving" utility to a compressed format.
So does Impulse.

Origin has changed in the past few months - b/c it's been streamlined. You don't need the installer files anymore - b/c your actual game folder (wherever it is installed) is a part of that. So, basically - you back that entire game folder as it is, wherever you want (HDD, DVD, BR, whatever).
For a reinstall - the installer folder is actually within the actual game folder itself - and you just run that EXE in there to reinstall the entire game somewhere.
This really makes life easy - as I don't need to have extra HDD space open (usually at least double) to download the installers and then actually have space to do install the game itself.

[quote name='MysterD']Steam allows you to make back-ups w/ its built-in "archiving" utility to a compressed format.[/QUOTE]

Backups that require Steam.

Your move.

bread's done
Back