50% Off Select XBLA Titles Labor Day Weekend!

A Happy Panda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Stolen from NeoGAF user itsgreen:

It's Labor Day weekend here in the US, and so lots of folks will be heading to the lake/ocean/park (or to their basement to hang out on Xbox LIVE). We're celebrating by letting you know what's shipping next week a little early, and announcing a "sale" on a few Xbox LIVE Arcade titles this weekend.

Cyberball 2072 and Fatal Fury Special are coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade next week, Wednesday, September 5, beginning at 9 AM GMT (2:00 AM PDT). Both are 400 points.

On top of that, four Xbox LIVE Arcade favorites will be available for half their regular price this weekend. Small Arms and Zuma Deluxe will be 400 points (regularly 800), and Gauntlet and Dig Dug will be only 200 points. Buy them beginning at 12 AM GMT on Sunday, September 2 (5 PM. PDT on Saturday, September 1) and continuing through 11: 59 p.m. GMT (4:59 p.m. PDT). Don't miss out!

Cyberball 2072 (400 Microsoft Points)
Rediscover the arcade classic game “Cyberball 2072” from Midway on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Take control of your robotic team, and call the plays to move your team downfield for a touchdown. But watch out, the ball gets hot if you don't keep moving! Keep your eye on the ball to make sure it doesn't go critical before you can score.

For more details on “Cyberball 2072,” please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/cy...boxlivearcade/

Fatal Fury Special (400 Microsoft Points)
The third title in the “Fatal Fury” fighting game series from SNK Playmore makes its way onto Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday! Join Terry and Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi and 12 of the toughest titans in one of the biggest matches of the millennium. Set in Southtown, a fictitious American city, players must compete against the ruler of the underworld Wolfgang Krauzer. Who will win? You’ll have to play to find out.

For more details on “Fatal Fury Special,” please visit http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/f/fa...boxlivearcade/

Finally, don’t forget to check out this week’s new downloadable content for “Soltrio Solitaire.” For more details, please visit www.xbox.com/livearcade.

Taken from: http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/08/30/552943.aspx

Might interest a few of you.

Thanks for posting this but it's hard to get excited about price drops on some of the worst games on XBL.

I can't believe the launch games are still full price. I want Mutant Storm for 400.

meh

Might check out Dig-Dug.

These games should all be dropped permanently, and they should start dropping prices on others too, regularly.

[quote name='Apossum']Thanks for posting this but it's hard to get excited about price drops on some of the worst games on XBL. [/quote]

Exactly what I thought when I read this :/

that pisses me off I paid 800 for Zuma lol
I think I will take dig dug and maybe gauntlet for 200 though. Probably dig-dug anyways, I love that game.

I'll probably get Dig Dug at that price as I still have 200 points left over from the gamerscore challenge.

If I didn't have Zuma already I would pick it up. The other three I won't touch for half price...

...Who am I kidding I will probaly buy Gauntlet and Dig Dug.

Damn. I bought all of those. :cry:

With that said...

FATAL FURY!!!

I used to play the heck out of some Dig Dug on my TI 99-4A back in the day. I remember getting over 500,000 points. It was probably my favorite game at that time. I suck now, but I'll definitely download it for 200 measly points.

On the Xbox.com site for Fatal Fury, they call it the "grandmother of all fighting games." They also have a handful of screenshots that, when clicked on my computer, shrink my browser window and only show the upper-left corner of the picture. Awesome!

I have exactly 200 points left... kind of hard to decide between dig dig and gauntlet..... Decisions Decisions....

[quote name='majorscud']I might be in for dig-dug and small arms. I'll have to download the demos first.[/QUOTE]

Prepare to be disappointed by Small Arms

**Bangs head against wall**

Go figure! I had to send off my 360 to be repaired last week and now there's a sale. On top of that, I have a 1600 points card that is unopened. :bomb:

[quote name='Apossum']Thanks for posting this but it's hard to get excited about price drops on some of the worst games on XBL.

[/QUOTE]

I'd put Zuma in the top 10 arcade games, easy. Possibly top 5. Anyone that doesn't already have it should definitely get it for this price.

damn, i already have zuma, the other 3 sucks. damn you MS!

i cant wait to play FF

Small Arms is certainly acceptable for 400 points. Was still one of the most disappointing XBLA games, but for 5 bucks it's worth it...that is, if anyone still plays it online. That may not be the case.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Small Arms is certainly acceptable for 400 points. Was still one of the most disappointing XBLA games, but for 5 bucks it's worth it...that is, if anyone still plays it online. That may not be the case.[/QUOTE]
Yeeeeeaaah... I don't know about that.

[quote name='JJSP']Now drop the price on Bankshot, assholes.[/quote]

I agree, drop the price for bankshot. I don't know why that game is 1,200 points.

why does everyone hate on small arms??!! that game is fun, i would buy it again for 800 and would buy it in a heartbeat at 400

[quote name='gamegirl79']**Bangs head against wall**

Go figure! I had to send off my 360 to be repaired last week and now there's a sale. On top of that, I have a 1600 points card that is unopened. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Send me your XBL information and I'll download stuff for you. (I'm absolutely serious if you don't mind entrusting a fellow CAG with such precious info.)

[quote name='Graystone']Just thought of Cloning Clyde, that needs to be 50% off.[/quote]
yes, definately. Also, that one marble game should go down to 400 too. There are so many old games i would prob. get if they were 1/2 off

[quote name='Apossum']Thanks for posting this but it's hard to get excited about price drops on some of the worst games on XBL.

I can't believe the launch games are still full price. I want Mutant Storm for 400.[/QUOTE]

You summed up my one of my big reasons why I don't want gaming to go entirely digital. With concrete object's they take up shelf space and if they don't sell they have to lower the price to get rid of it with something that will. There is very little case of this in digital and if it doesn't sell they just pull it or delete it. shakes head.

go half in with a friend or fellow CAG (like me) and you can get them for 1/4 of the normal price- 75% off for the WIN!!! Dig Dug and Gauntlet for $2.50 total? SOLD!!!

I've always been bored by Gauntlet...even when it first came out in the arcade. I can't imagine it has improved with age. They could have at least given us Gauntlet Legends.

Dig Dug and Gauntlet were two games I played quite a bit of in the arcade. I splurged on Dig Dug just a few weeks ago (d'oh!) but maybe I'll get Gauntlet and possibly Zuma, though I know nothing about it.

I'm all for quiet games on my 360 (no disc noise) ;).

[quote name='porieux']I've gotten all the Dig Dug achievements except the Dig one. That one is a #%(*#%(#.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did that and ran all over the screen after clearing it - didn't get the damn achievement. Not only is it hard to do, it is glitched, apparently. I've read you have to run around the edge a few times afterwards, maybe? If I ever get back to it I'll try that.

[quote name='porieux']I've gotten all the Dig Dug achievements except the Dig one. That one is a #%(*#%(#.[/quote]

lol...me too, i gave up on trying to get it a long time ago

Did you guys make sure you walked over the areas that are the 'holes' at the beginning? I think I read that you have to traverse the whole field horizontally and vertically but I'm not sure if that's true b/c I haven't been able to do it yet.

Small Arms isn't too shabby, especially at $5, as is Dig Dug (at a mere 2.50~!). Damn, between them, SPF2, SoR2, Marathon and others, I really should have beefed up on points when CC had that sale going.

bread's done
Back