50% Off Shipping on Video Games and Accessories at Thumbmonkey.com!

thumbmonkey

CAGiversary!
Hello again from Thumbmonkey!

My name is Katy and I represent Thumbmonkey.com. If you have seen our previous post you are aware of our website and some of the great prices we have to offer on video games and video game accessories. We have reevaluated our promotional offers in order to better reflect your desires here at CAG, and also what we think is fair as a company. Please be aware that though in some cases our shipping is on the moderately high side, our product pricing is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than you may be able to find elsewhere! You should find that our current CAG promotions will make taking a look at our website very much worth your while.

Here is what we are offering: 50% off shipping rates when you purchase ANY 1-4 items through www.thumbmonkey.com, and 75% off shipping rates when you purchase ANY 5 or more items! Only one coupon code can be redeemed per order, and they are NOT compatible with our google checkout feature or with purchases made through Thumbmonkey's Ebay store.

Edit for codes update:

Coupon code #1: CAG5014 (%50 off shipping 1-4 items)
Coupon code #2: CAG5075 (%75 off 5 of more items)
http://www.thumbmonkey.com

Give us a look and find out if there is anything you may be interested in! Also keep in mind that our stock is continuously being updated so if we don't have it now, we may have it soon!

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment if you have any questions or opinions that you would like to share.

Katy

[quote name='ajh2298']It took them like 4 days but they got back to me and they are sending out my missing items.[/quote]

Awesome, Thanks for letting me know.

[quote name='Serpentor']i got my Wii charge station ($9 or $10 i don't remember) and Gears of War ($18). i'm okay with the charger, but not so happy about Gears, it says it's new, but there are white residues in the center ring (like dried crazy glue or something). The disc played fine, a little dusty (from storage i guess). Overall experience is pretty good, got the order in two days :)

will order again if there are deals... but looks like their stuffs are drying up now...[/quote]

As fwacce also said, what you saw on the disc you ordered was probably the substance they use in resurfacing machines to help lubricate the process. I've seen it done at a local shop, it's a white fluid of some sort, very glue like in consistency.

Check to see if you can see a whitish 'haze' on the rest of the bottom side of the disc. If you can, it's definitely been resurfaced. It's like night and day if you know what to look for.

It's like checking for fake/copied games, you have to know what to look for. Xbox games(original Xbox) have a holographic sticker section in the middle of the disc, PS2 games have the Playstation brand logo embedded on the discs themselves and for the Gamecube games, well.....that mini disc format is tough to copy, which was why Nintendo chose it.

Just as an update:

I recieved the correct item, along with a prepaid label to ship the network cable back. I'm pretty disappointed with my experience, I'm not too happy about having to take the box back to the post office. (Doesn't fit in the mailbox)

4.0/10 for my purchase; without the free shipping coupon I wouldn't have purchased anything. I just hope CAG is making a percentage/advertising fee.

I stand corrected as well my item came in today in perfect shape. Good Job Thumbmonkey. You guys really need to make confirmation numbers mandatory.

[quote name='inefficiency device']Just as an update:

I recieved the correct item, along with a prepaid label to ship the network cable back. I'm pretty disappointed with my experience, I'm not too happy about having to take the box back to the post office. (Doesn't fit in the mailbox)

4.0/10 for my purchase; without the free shipping coupon I wouldn't have purchased anything. I just hope CAG is making a percentage/advertising fee.[/quote]

I got some of the same attitude when I told other CAGs that I 'don't take Paypal' and that they would have to either send cash or a USPS MO for whatever they were buying. It killed the deal for several people at least, but I later on sold what they were going to buy to someone else anyway, so whatever.

At least Thumbmonkey did good by providing a pre-paid label to ship the wrong item they sent you back. They could've said 'you send it to us and we'll think about crediting you for the return shipping'.

Honestly though, after having perused their site for a couple hours the other night, their shipping rates are pretty horrid. They're on par with FYE.com for gouging on shipping rates. Unless this shit is coming via UPS or other higher rate carrier and NOT the USPS, they're making about $3-4 on each game shipped roughly on TOP of the 'disc only' prices.

Either way, again, just be glad that they were nice enough to say 'that was our fault, here's a label to ship that back with', as some places aren't that nice even.

EDIT: I just tried to buy 4 PS1 games and an Xbox game from them. Their shipping total was $43.20 for all 5 items. With the 75% off, it would be $10.80 in shipping. Not bad, I guess, considering that one of the games was that Real Golf item on Xbox, which has a huge box and would never make it under the 13 oz rule for FC shipping.

I didn't go through with the order though.

I can only pray that those people, Known as the dicks of CAG, Will have mercy on you for posting this in the wrong forum. I am not one of them, But this is going to be nasty..

[quote name='Sejad']Hey I am just wondering if it is safe to order with thumbmonkey.com???? has anyone ordered there yet?????????[/quote]

depends sometimes yes sometimes no I heard good and bad stories about things taking forever in the mail or coming extra fast. Nevertheless those people have pretty decent customer service that don't screw you over so its up to you no matter what get delivery confirmation.

[quote name='Slate']I can only pray that those people, Known as the dicks of CAG, Will have mercy on you for posting this in the wrong forum. I am not one of them, But this is going to be nasty..[/quote]

no they wont because I posted a deal!

[quote name='Slate']I can only pray that those people, Known as the dicks of CAG, Will have mercy on you for posting this in the wrong forum. I am not one of them, But this is going to be nasty..[/quote]

ROFL! I thought the exact same thing.

Sorry for being off-topic, but that was hilarious.

Well, it looks like their customer service is fine, so I wouldn't worry too much about ordering from them.... seems fine to me.

FWIW, I just checked over at thumbmonkey and found that:

(1) They've moved their prices up and their shipping prices down (seems a bit more honest to me), but no good deals to be found.

(2) They're completely picked over -- like nothing worth buying at all. Similarly I couldn't find a bulky item to check shipping of heavy items.

So basically, this site was a find back when there was 100% off shipping and good prices. Now the site seems stone cold.
Ah well.

I bought two titles from them a few weeks ago (Guitar Hero II - Game Only - 360 and Death Jr for the PSP). I haven't made it to Death JR yet, but the Guitar Hero II disc looked FLAWLESS. Even the instruction manuel looks untouched. They buy games that have defective packaging, and sell the games only. Katy was very friendly when I contacted her, and even upped her coupon when I asked her about it (from 50% off ship to 100% off ship). The shipping is the killer, and I don't really understand why its so much higher than the rest of the industry, but I was very pleased with my games. GHII was $18 new, can't beat that...

So they take Google Checkout, right? If I use my Google Checkout account for the first time, will I get $10 off? If so, that makes my potential wireless GH2 controller a decent deal, correct?

I just bought Gears of War off thumbmonkey for $20 dollars and it was only $2.98 to ship, i say thats a deal... people need to chill out.

[quote name='niCkSan3']I just bought Gears of War off thumbmonkey for $20 dollars and it was only $2.98 to ship, i say thats a deal... people need to chill out.[/QUOTE]

Well you could've boughten Gears of War for $18.xx, but they stealthily raised the prices of everything they had by $2-3 on Black Friday and let them stay that way.

But the reason why everyone dislikes them is that they supposedly created a coupon for just us CAG's, but I found an even better coupon code that they failed to tell us about that was hidden somewhere else.

Oh and the fact they say things are "new", but MAY come with scratches and whatnot.

[quote name='boihookantsbell']Saving money off shipping? Go fuck yourself. We're cheap ass gamers, not retards.[/quote]

lol i think they meant to post in the Dumb Ass Retards forums and not CAG.

[quote name='enjoi777']lol i think they meant to post in the Dumb Ass Retards forums and not CAG.[/quote]

LMAO wow we trully are CAG's!

bread's done
Back