50% Off Used Games At Micro Center

RufusB

CAG Veteran
Heads Up! just heard that this weekend (10/10-10/12) will be 50% off all USED games at Micro Center stores. This is across the board 50% off. It should be in this week's e-mail blast also.

Good looking out. Are they getting out of the used game business maybe?

Just a FYI but their prices tend to be pretty crappy - at least last time I browsed there. With 50% though might be some stuff to pick up.

Indeed. Their prices are crap.

The only good thing about their game section is that they usually label everything damn accurately. I've gone in there many times on the day of a universal price drop and seen every copy of a game re-labeled.

The micro center here in chicago has a stack of brown box "refurbished" guitar hero 3 bundles for ps3 & xbox 360. I wonder if that falls into the 50% off category. I'll check out and post back with my findings.

also a word of warning shy away from the cart based games (IE ds and gba games).
I got a used copy of casltevania(ds), it escapes me which one, and the cartridge itself had a corner destroyed. still worked like a charm but the corner was bent off and i could see into it... not cool....

but i will of course check it out this weekend :)

thanks op.

The rep at the store told me they are going to stay in the used business, but there is something big coming for the USED section in December, so they need to make a lot of room.

I thought I posted this, but I guess I forgot to hit post reply.
The rep I talked to said that they are staying in the used business, but there is something "big" happening in December with USED so they need to make room.

[quote name='RufusB']The rep at the store told me they are going to stay in the used business, but there is something big coming for the USED section in December, so they need to make a lot of room.[/QUOTE]

used 'fists' and traffic cones from the adult store?

Just FYI, if your local store has legacy stuff (NES/SNES/Genesis) might be some hidden gems in there. And cheap to boot.

Just got this in my email. Guess where I'm going today?

half_off.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VipFREAK']Nice, but I'm not going that way and I don't need any games.[/QUOTE]

What was the point of this post?

Used games for which system OP? Please elaborate.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']What was the point of this post?

Used games for which system OP? Please elaborate.[/quote]

lol. picture ad does say "all" used games.

I think this is a backfire of Microcenter making a game center that takes trade ins.

Their used prices aren't always the best, but for 50% off I think I'll still check it out.

And yes, it is ALL games and there is no mention of a coupon so it should ring up that way. If not, they are able to check their promotional emails in store to verify it.

[quote name='dcswirl']Just got this in my email. Guess where I'm going today?

half_off.jpg
[/quote]Is this all MicroCenters? Ad shows Chicago area.

I'll check it out regardless. I love going to the one in my area. The game clerks act like they have no idea what sales you're talking about, then you show them the ad and "oh, that's already gone." "two minutes after store opening?? wow, that was FAST!" ...because they've already hoarded all the goodstuff for themselves. LOVE it!!

Good hunting to everyone, though. Hope you find some decent deals. =)

[quote name='unforeseen']Is it a coupon within the email or will the 50% off ring automatically?[/QUOTE]

No coupon - should ring automatically in the system.

If anyone goes, please let us know what was worth buying. I have a Microcenter somewhat nearby, but if it's not worth going, then it's not worth going.

I live in illinois and i went to the westmont location. People save your gas and your time it was emberassing looking at the junk they carry for used games. As I was leaving I saw 4 HD-DVD movies brand new for 29.99 each. I almost puked when I saw this

Heading down now. Better get there on the first day or everything is likely to be gone that's worth mentioning.

I'll list any that are extra or I dont get that are good deals for those here in the Dallas area.

Wasn't too much that interested me at the Cincy location, but I did pick up Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP) for $7.50 and Two Worlds (360) for $11.50.

Picked up

Eye of Judgement w/ everything but camera $12.49
Advance Wars GBA Cart Only $8.97
Harvest Moon Friend of Mineral Town GBA Complete $9.47
Mortal Kombat Trilogy PS1 Complete $1.49
Bully XBOX 360 $11.49
NHL 2006 GameCUbe $4.99

Those were pretty much the only reasonably priced games in the store. Everything else was overpriced even at 50% off.

[quote name='shipwreck']Wasn't too much that interested me at the Cincy location, but I did pick up Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP) for $7.50 and Two Worlds (360) for $11.50.[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for you on the two worlds thing. The PC version is playable and average but by all accounts the 360 version is like Advent Rising on Xbox. Not a very good port of the PC version.

Had a chance to get Ninja Gaiden 2 for 360 for $17 but passed. Mostly good deals if I had a PS3, but I don't. There were hardly any used Wii titles to speak of.

The westbury, NY microcenter had mostly old sports games and stuff you can find cheaper elsewhere, even with the discount. Some things of note were:

(reg price/after coupon)
super smash bros brawl for $39.99/$20
bioshock $39.99/$20
Metriod prime hunters $23.99/$11.99

and a ton of PS2 games

Mine had Trauma Center marked as $40 but it rang up $15. So it was not marked correctly. Should have been $30.

So if you're really curious about a game and want to get it i'd advise a price check.

Crap at Fairfax Microcenter on Saturday afternoon.

Yea I agree, their prices are too high even at 50% off.

and I hate the giant used stickers they put on the cases :bomb:

Now bring back that 9 for an extra 25 deal bitches!!!

I'll have to go to the microcenter tomorrow. The're bound to have a gem in there somewhere
[quote name='ITDEFX']
Now bring back that 9 for an extra 25 deal bitches!!![/QUOTE]

I remember that deal. It was awesome, i traded in $15 worth of ps2 games and got the $25 extra making it $40. I originally spent $50 on the 9 games too.

bread's done
Back