$50 off Wii U bundle at Fred Meyer Thanksgiving Morning B&M only?

It certainly seems like there'd be no problem having Walmart price match this. I was planning on getting a Wii U at Target next week, but this is obviously a better deal.

Any thoughts on why the price match at Walmart wouldn't work?

Oh I don't know - in my case maybe because the nearest "Fred Meyer" is some 600 miles away.  I'll contend, what is a "local" competitor in this day and age of airplanes and same day delivery anyway...

It certainly seems like there'd be no problem having Walmart price match this. I was planning on getting a Wii U at Target next week, but this is obviously a better deal.

Any thoughts on why the price match at Walmart wouldn't work?
I'd think they would match it if it's in an ad and you are near a Fred Meyer.

Random deal:
Are you going to Target for the 20% off everything(with exclusions) coupon on BF? Must spend $75 to get it and it is Valid 12/1-12/7. Just hold off on buying some stuff til' BF to get the coupon.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322136-ymmv-target-is-going-to-be-handing-out-coupons-for-20-off-an-entire-in-store-purchase-valid-121-127/

Also, eBay's going to have $100 Target gift cards for $90 on BF.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322725-ebay-black-friday-ad-ps-vita-14999-call-of-duty-ghosts-3999-ipad-mini-16gb-239-112913-12am-est/

Wii U $300

-20% coupon $240

-5% If you have a Target Red Card $225

-$20 saved from getting 2 $100 GCs from eBay $205

Last edited by a moderator:
Good call on that random deal. Based on the fact that it will likely exclude video games, I'll probably grab a Mario Wii U from Target this Sunday, hold onto it, try my luck at Walmart Thursday morning (not near a Fred Meyer), and return Wii U to Target if Walmart hooks me up. Not interested in paying retail ($300) for a Wii U, but anxious to play it. 

Fred Meyer does not do online sales. So it is B&M only.

I thought I saw a copy of the ad somewhere that said it would be between 8-20 units at each location. I'm trying to dig it up again.

It may be worthwhile to check your local Kroger chain (if they have an electronics department with games, that is) for those that don't have a Fred Meyer nearby. In AZ, we have Fry's Marketplaces that occasionally mirror the Fred Meyer electronics sales.

Most of their affiliates are food and drug only, but it doesn't hurt to check one out to find if they even stock games if its close enough (I believe the Marketplace selection of chains will have a better chance of this).

bread's done
Back