50 Sony Playstation 3 Sixaxis Controllers for $500! on gamedealdaily.com

It even says in the description that all of them aren't working, and that every single one has some kind of defect. For all working controllers this seems like a waste, for 50 controllers that all have defects and may not even work, this seems like a total rip-off. Why would someone waste their money?

[quote name='shoe478']Anyone know the TIV at Gamestop for these? Just kidding of course.[/QUOTE]

I checked about 2 weeks ago and they were still $19.50.. if these weren't "AS-IS" you could profit a lot from trading them in. I got that you were kidding, but I found it interesting.. what if someone tried trading 50 of them in and gamestop didn't check if they were working?

Probably bought them to sell for profit, figured it wasn't worth it anymore and decided to sell them wholesale to somewhat break even.

Maybe for modding purposes? Even then a lot of like 10 would be a lot more reaonable...

Im curious if anyone will buy this...particularly considering the "fine print" on the deal.

[quote name='shoe478']Anyone know the TIV at Gamestop for these? Just kidding of course.[/QUOTE]

I thought about this lot myself, but then I figured that after I brought in more than a few controllers the GS clerks might get a tad suspicious.

But the total TIV before any bonuses you might be able to get them to apply is like $975.

There was also a lot of 360 wireless adapters that were as-is and a lot of 50 360 controllers, I believe.

But if they actually weren't as-is, I might really consider this.

"sticky substance on controller, sticky buttons"

can't even take 10 minutes to wipe them down with rubbing alcohol? fucking gross. an old controller or two isn't much of a problem, but when you've got 50 germ hives all together in a package, at least have the courtesy to sanitize them.

[quote name='ninja dog']"sticky substance on controller, sticky buttons"

can't even take 10 minutes to wipe them down with rubbing alcohol? fucking gross. an old controller or two isn't much of a problem, but when you've got 50 germ hives all together in a package, at least have the courtesy to sanitize them.[/QUOTE]
haha I saw that! I guess its to much trouble.. Must be really sticky stuff..Honey?? lol
random.jpg

$10 for an as-is controller is pretty good. And I guess if you can fix them or need the parts in bulk, this is a pretty good deal. I don't know too many CAGs, though, who are gonna roll the dice on this lol.

If these were new, or at least guaranteed working, I would buy them and resell them, keeping 3 for me. But spending $500 is dangerous, especially after 3 sixaxis controllers broke on me (popped analog sticks).

[quote name='polishpride212']If these were new, or at least guaranteed working, I would buy them and resell them, keeping 3 for me. But spending $500 is dangerous, especially after 3 sixaxis controllers broke on me (popped analog sticks).[/QUOTE]

If they were working, I think the owner of GameDealDaily would be selling them to make a profit for themselves, no? :roll:

As for the SixAxis controllers, the one that came with my PS3 always seemed to squeak and creak when I would press in the triggers(L2/R2) and the sticks felt cheap and would get stuck at times.

I don't know if it was the same for everyone, but from everyone I've talked to they couldn't wait to get rid of their SA controllers.

I used to go around and buy ps2's to "fix" and sell. I quoted fix because I only cleaned the laser. So then I met a video game dealer and I bought like 10 from them. I think 4 of them were totally dead (main board problem) and not fixable.

I'm figuring these are the worst of the worst and not worth buying. Someone could buy these and make 1 working controller out of 2 or they could get them in decent condition and trade them into gamestop. More than 4 at a time would probably send up some red flags though. IATCG, you said $975, is that with or without edge? :)

[quote name='shoe478']I used to go around and buy ps2's to "fix" and sell. I quoted fix because I only cleaned the laser. So then I met a video game dealer and I bought like 10 from them. I think 4 of them were totally dead (main board problem) and not fixable.

I'm figuring these are the worst of the worst and not worth buying. Someone could buy these and make 1 working controller out of 2 or they could get them in decent condition and trade them into gamestop. More than 4 at a time would probably send up some red flags though. IATCG, you said $975, is that with or without edge? :)[/QUOTE]

That's BEFORE Edge and believe me if I had the time and money I'd be flooding my local GS stores with these and I'd be sending in my buddies with 2-3 or so. Of course, I imagine that the TIV would drop like a stone on these after about 15-20 were traded in.

And yes, I still have NO qualms about giving GS crap condition shit. I know I should, but.....it's Gamestop. 'Nuff said.

[quote name='gorgo']Does the ps3 support 500 controllers simultaneously ;) ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but only exactly 500, and only if they are all broken. Very few games take advantage of this feature, however.

Why not just sell them each for ten dollars and if someone needs more then they can get more. I just don't see anyone buying the whole lot unless their business required having spare parts or something related to repairs or mods. Even if they were sold as each they lost me at "sticky" ...what the hell made them sticky ?, I don't even want to begin to imagine !!! Nasty !

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But the total TIV before any bonuses you might be able to get them to apply is like $975.[/QUOTE]

That is based on $19.50 each TiV, which is what is listed in the TiV thread, but I believe that the value is lower. I think that quote was a result of a store accidentally taking in a Sixaxis as a DS3. I know 9 times out of 10 when a GS around here shows that they have a DS3, it turns out to be a standard Sixaxis. I have a hard time believing they'd give that much for one. If they do, I need to trade the 2 I have and buy a couple of DS3 from Amazon to replace them.

[quote name='guessed']That is based on $19.50 each TiV, which is what is listed in the TiV thread, but I believe that the value is lower. I think that quote was a result of a store accidentally taking in a Sixaxis as a DS3. I know 9 times out of 10 when a GS around here shows that they have a DS3, it turns out to be a standard Sixaxis. I have a hard time believing they'd give that much for one. If they do, I need to trade the 2 I have and buy a couple of DS3 from Amazon to replace them.[/QUOTE]

If they still give almost $20 for a SixAxis, I may have to dump mine, though my one buddies' family has only a SA and theirs never really seems to mess up. They've had it for a couple of years too and I've even used it and it doesn't seem to have the sticking sticks or the squeaky triggers.

Then again, since it is their ONLY controller for the PS3 I suppose maybe the squeakiness goes away once you use it extensively.

Either that or my friend and his family just aren't nitpicky like me when it comes to controllers.

I'm also going to assume they buy back 6 axis controllers for cheaper than $19.95. I bought a used one a few weeks ago for $34.99...and Gamestop never buys anything back for more than 50% of what they sell it for.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']I'm also going to assume they buy back 6 axis controllers for cheaper than $19.95. I bought a used one a few weeks ago for $34.99...and Gamestop never buys anything back for more than 50% of what they sell it for.[/QUOTE]

I just verified that they buy back SA controllers for $19.75 earlier when I had them check the trade value for me.

[quote name='guessed']That is based on $19.50 each TiV, which is what is listed in the TiV thread, but I believe that the value is lower. I think that quote was a result of a store accidentally taking in a Sixaxis as a DS3. I know 9 times out of 10 when a GS around here shows that they have a DS3, it turns out to be a standard Sixaxis. I have a hard time believing they'd give that much for one. If they do, I need to trade the 2 I have and buy a couple of DS3 from Amazon to replace them.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not a mistake. I traded 3 sixaxis controllers in on June 4th so I could get a DS3 and they gave me $19.50 each. The guy even commented about his realization that they were all sixaxis. I think the sixaxis controllers actually went UP in TIV. Yes, it's a bit strange, but it's not a mistake. I'm not sure how long they'll stay at that price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just verified that they buy back SA controllers for $19.75 earlier when I had them check the trade value for me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']No, it's not a mistake. I traded 3 sixaxis controllers in on June 4th so I could get a DS3 and they gave me $19.50 each. The guy even commented about his realization that they were all sixaxis. I think the sixaxis controllers actually went UP in TIV. Yes, it's a bit strange, but it's not a mistake. I'm not sure how long they'll stay at that price.[/QUOTE]

Glad I was wrong. Thanks for the confirmation/correction.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']If this was a 100 controllers (or more ideally 25-50) I would seriously consider flipping this to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I'm rooting for you to do it. I'm just a bit worried about ordering it and seeing some or many missing buttons and I don't think I can trade in missing button ones.

Very, very roughly, 1080p split screen multiplayer with 50 characters would give each player about a 200*200 box, which would be around the same resolution as each screen in 4 player Goldeneye 64 (480i at 4:3).
Isn't technology grand?

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Traded in my sixaxis the other day and only received $9 base.[/QUOTE]

Traded in your SixAxis to WHO though? Gamedealdaily.com? I ask because Gamestop gives $19.75 base TIV before even applying EDGE for another 10% bump or at least they were giving it about 2-3 weeks ago.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Traded in my sixaxis the other day and only received $9 base.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure they gave you the TIV for the SixAxis and not some other PS3 controller?

[quote name='riddler']pretty crazy that they could even amass that many defective controllers to begin with[/QUOTE]

Not really, PS3 controllers wear out pretty damn fast. I never wore any Sixaxes out because I traded up for Dual Shock 3 pretty soon after getting mine, but the first DS3's R2 trigger went out in less than a year (still works but is super loose and is very difficult to get full range of input out of). The sticks are also pretty damn loose. The second Dual Shock 3 is now about 8 months old and starting to show the early signs of the same.

Really lame how Sony finally got the shape and the stick size/placement right and totally botched the build quality.

bread's done
Back