50 States in 10 Minutes

Weird, got through 40 after about 3 minutes, then drew a blank. Stuck on 46. Apparently my mind is blanking on an unknown chunk of the country. Probably in the mountain states.

Heh, wow... forgot Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, and Utah. I knew there were a bunch of M's I was missing... after living in Michigan, I had to hit M a dozen times to pick "MI" out of a drop down in credit card forms.

Clearly I am not smarter than a 5th grader.

[quote name='botticus']Weird, got through 40 after about 3 minutes, then drew a blank. Stuck on 46. Apparently my mind is blanking on an unknown chunk of the country. Probably in the mountain states.
[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me though I only made it to 38 - I missed -

Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota,
Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Utah,
Vermont, Wyoming,

fuck those states anyway. Though I should have got New Jersey as I am a big Kevin Smith fan.

You forgot:Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Nebraska,
Ohio, Tennessee, Vermont, Wyoming,

I actually couldn't spell Massachusetts and Tennessee right. The other ones I just plain forgot.

[quote name='soonersfan60']It's easy. We learned a song in grade school and 30 years later I still know them all in alphabetical order... :)[/QUOTE]

I know that song too :) . Did it with 5:25 to spare (my spelling sucked, especially on connecticut)

Damn weird spellings. I would have been done a minute sooner had Connecticut not insisted on spelling its name weirdly. Still, 4:10 is pretty good to remember something so trivial this long after grade school.

[quote name='dopa345']I know that song too :) .[/quote]Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal-laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-bama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut (doo DOO doo!)

Don't know the song, but got them all with over 6 minutes left. I was rolling, and then the last three I had to pause on. Alaska, Hawaii and Massachusetts.

Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota,
Mississippi, Oklahoma, Oregon, Wisconsin,

i guess i spelt minnesota wrong because i thought i put it in there >.<

Capitals id prob fail really badly. My school never made us memorize either states or capitals. I took a world geography course though and sadly i think i can name more countries on a map than i could the states.

Guess i should work at it :x

Missed:
Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas,
Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Utah,
West Virginia

Yea I suck

Motherfuckers! How did so many of you miss Nebraska?! It's the heart of the country!

I got 45 right, missed: Maine, Missouri, Oklahoma, Vermont, Wyoming

[quote name='yukine']Got 'em all, with a few minutes left over. ;)

What's this song you people keep mentioning?[/QUOTE]

"Fifty Nifty United States"

Great now I can't get it out of my head....

I was doing this yesterday at work, just writing them down. I was stuck with 5 left on this one, 4 of which were M states. This is so much easier when you have a map to fill in. I remember in 4th grade I got 100% on the states and capitols test (spelling counted too).

I got 49 in about 4:30, and I know how I work: if I don't know it immediately, agonizing over it won't help matters.

Turns out I forgot New Jersey. Better than remembering it, in my opinion.

46 states correct. Somehow I forgot about Pennsylvania, Iowa, and the Carolinas. Weird thing is I kept thinking I typed Iowa in, but I never verified it.

I remembered mine through a song too, but it took a little longer, as it was primarily for the states capitals. Had about 8 minutes to spare.

[quote name='soonersfan60']It's easy. We learned a song in grade school and 30 years later I still know them all in alphabetical order... :)[/QUOTE]I learned the song that has all the states AND their capitols.

I learned it from Animaniacs~!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUDDaEOvuY[/media]

I only got 34, I missed: Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa,
Kansas, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire,
Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas,
Vermont.
I don't really see the need to know all the states anyway, what's the point?

Wow I'm stupid. 41/50 ... but I wasn't paying attention that much and I got up to get a Pop Tart in the middle of it... so maybe I'm not totally stupid. After all, I have heard of the nine states I missed. ;)

Got 'em with :16 left to spare. It took me 5 minutes to spell Connecticut and MassA - fucking - chusetts.

I swear to freaking god I thought Mass. was spelled wth an "E", not an "A".

Forgot Vermont and Iowa. Totally forgot about Iowa, but I was picturing Vermont and couldn't fucking remember it's name. I kept calling it delaware. Stupid fucking New England with all your fucking midget states. New England should just be one fucking state.

bread's done
Back