500GB Playstation 3-Three to be released in White and Red in North America

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
crystalwhite-bundle.png

http://us.playstation.com/ps3/systems/ps3-classic-white-bundle.html

The Classic White PS3™ Instant Game Collection Bundle includes, for the first time, a white slim chassis with a massive 500GB hard drive, perfect for storing the robust selection of games that come with a 1-Year membership to PlayStation®Plus. Over $200 in savings!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah why not. Maybe we will see a nice sale in this so I can pick it up at maybe 250 or even 200.
Plus I have been wanting to import for one for the longest time
Good thing I waited

Is there something I am missing? How is that over $200 in savings? A year of PS+ is $50 and that is all you really get for free. Is being white really worth an extra $150?

Looks good but I'm always wary of white consoles in terms of keeping them clean. Had a white dual-shock 3 that started turning yellow, even with regular cleaning.

[quote name='musha666']Is there something I am missing? How is that over $200 in savings? A year of PS+ is $50 and that is all you really get for free. Is being white really worth an extra $150?[/QUOTE]

I think the $200+ savings is what you'd save if you purchased all the games that are part of the "Instant Collection".

Misleading advertisement at its best... however before people start saying "durrr.... rental games... not for keepz" please remind me what MS gives out with the live subscriptions?

[quote name='Relativetime']Looks good but I'm always wary of white consoles in terms of keeping them clean. Had a white dual-shock 3 that started turning yellow, even with regular cleaning.[/QUOTE]

what were you doing with your DS3 :lol

[quote name='musha666']Is there something I am missing? How is that over $200 in savings? A year of PS+ is $50 and that is all you really get for free. Is being white really worth an extra $150?[/QUOTE]

you get a stand

[quote name='starmask2k3']what were you doing with your DS3 :lol[/QUOTE]

Played on it the same as I did with the black one that came with the system. The controller's colour just deteriorated over time.

I am contemplating buying the white 500GB PS3 bundle to replace my 4 year old PS3 which makes strange grinding sounds when booting up (I think the optical drive motor is dying).

If I pick one up, I will likely order from NewEgg for $300 to get around the $25 in taxes I'd have to pay if I went with Amazon.

I *LOVE* my PS3 and would definitely replace it if it died.

If there is a better deal on the White PS3 bundle out there, please let me know!

Thank You,

Milan

[quote name='Havok83']Big fail on this being $349. Sony STOP releasing expensive bundles. At this point $299 is the most any PS3 should cost. Releaseing one now that is $50 more than the current most expensive version seems counterproductive and makes this bundle seem like less of a deal[/QUOTE]

You do realize that GoW saga is $40 and the new game is $60 right? That's a pretty good deal

[quote name='rockphantom']I am contemplating buying the white 500GB PS3 bundle to replace my 4 year old PS3 which makes strange grinding sounds when booting up (I think the optical drive motor is dying).

If I pick one up, I will likely order from NewEgg for $300 to get around the $25 in taxes I'd have to pay if I went with Amazon.

I *LOVE* my PS3 and would definitely replace it if it died.

If there is a better deal on the White PS3 bundle out there, please let me know!

Thank You,

Milan[/QUOTE]

Last week Target was offering a $30 GC but that deal has expired.

I noticed that Walmart/Sam's Club include 5 free movies on their video service "VUDU". I don't know if those come by means of a voucher or if you get codes sent by e-mail. I saw that offer on their online listing so I'm not sure if the deal is good in stores as well.

[quote name='Havok83']Big fail on this being $349. Sony STOP releasing expensive bundles. At this point $299 is the most any PS3 should cost. Releaseing one now that is $50 more than the current most expensive version seems counterproductive and makes this bundle seem like less of a deal[/QUOTE]
For the same price as a PS3 you could get an x-box with Skyrim and Forza 4 or for $25 less you can get a x-box with a Kinect off Amazon. Both 250 GB models.

I don't see why these Sony bundles are so expensive and they shouldn't be. Now to be fair though, 500 GB is pretty nice and wont require any HD replacement because even with all the free PS+ stuff, it's still a lot to fill up.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']For the same price as a PS3 you could get an x-box with Skyrim and Forza 4 or for $25 less you can get a x-box with a Kinect off Amazon. Both 250 GB models.

I don't see why these Sony bundles are so expensive and they shouldn't be. Now to be fair though, 500 GB is pretty nice and wont require any HD replacement because even with all the free PS+ stuff, it's still a lot to fill up.[/QUOTE]

Because its alot better and it has a blu-ray player

[quote name='GBAstar']Last week Target was offering a $30 GC but that deal has expired.

I noticed that Walmart/Sam's Club include 5 free movies on their video service "VUDU". I don't know if those come by means of a voucher or if you get codes sent by e-mail. I saw that offer on their online listing so I'm not sure if the deal is good in stores as well.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information.

However, I'm not too interested in movie rentals.
I'd simply like to get a White PS3 bundle for the lowest price possible. $250 is my sweet spot.

Milan

I've been on the fence in trading up my Slim PS3 for the white SS PS3 with the $75 Gamestop promo floating around.

I've been reading around forums and it seemed that people have had some freezing/framerate issues with the Super Slims in general, plus I hear it runs loud and has the tendency to get really hot.

I would love to get the GOW one to match my GOW 360 but new ps4 coming out soon and would rather spend the my rz points on that.

bread's done
Back