*56K* Got 2 PS One Screens? Heres an idea for you

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
After gathering 2 PS One screen from the K-Mart clearance, I was deciding what to do with them. I saw this and decided to do that. So after gathering all the supplies, I got it up and running and it worked great! But, I still had an extra PS One screen that I wanted to use, but didn't want to just do the exact same thing. So I thought, what about simutaneously connecting 2 screens to one source. So after doing some research I found it may be possible. So I gathered all the supplies from eBay and finally after weeks of waiting for it all to come in, I had everything I need and got it running:

screen14sf.jpg

(The screens may look dim, but thats because my flash was on)

So if your interested to see how its done, read on :D

So here is what you need:

(2) PS One screens
(2) 3.5mm to 3 RCA cables (also known as camcorder cables)
(3) Female to Female Couplers
(3) Y-Adapters

screen21fn.jpg

Once you are able to require all of the neccessary items, you are ready to begin.

Step one:
Attach the 3.5mm side of the plug into both of the PS One Screens

screen37om.jpg

Step two:
Insert each of the red, yellow, and white plugs into each Y-Adapter, so both white go into one Y-Adapter, both red into another Y-Adapter, and both yellow into the last Y-Adapter.

screen47wi.jpg

Step three:
Insert a female coupler into each end of the Y-Adapters

screen51cp.jpg

Step four:
Take the item such as your DVD player, game system, etc's RCA cables and insert them into each of the female couplers

screen63ge.jpg

Step five:
Now setup your screens, turn on the item you have hooked up and your set to go!

-----------------------------

Now a few things you need to remember are that any item such as DVD player or Gamecube is meant to only power one screen, and since you are splitting it, it will reduce the brightness. For example:

The screens 5th to lowest normal brightness setting will about equvilant to the screens highest brightness when both are hooked up. So you are losing some of the brightness, but normally you would never use the PS One's highest brigtness setting as its too bright

The total cost for everything was around $50-$60 because I paid $26 and $13 for each screen. The cables are reasonably cheap off eBay, but 2 sellers I would recommend you to stay away from are Monoprice and Colordrives. Both places I received defective cables which is why it took so long for me to get everything. But all other items I received worked great and all from eBay which is where you can find all of the items needed.

The reason I made this, is because in our camper, we have bunks, and me and my bro waned to watch DVD's and play Gamecube on each of our sides. So this is what we did:

screen79wj.jpg

screen85xj.jpg

We had one cable going from each bunk and thats it. We watched DVD's, played Gamecube with Wavebirds. And it couldn't have worked better!

So if your interested, feel free to ask me any questions.

that would be kickass to have Smash Bros games with two screens like that, each team on one side. I love my PSOne w/screen!

I wanted to go nuts with these PSOne screens all over my house, but my K-Mart only had two and I sold one to somebody on here so I only have one left. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and find a bunch cheap.

[quote name='jer7583']that would be kickass to have Smash Bros games with two screens like that, each team on one side. I love my PSOne w/screen![/quote]

Yeah it is, and it works great! The wavebirds also make it a lot better

^Nice work, I might try this out if I ever find another screen! I got confused for a moment there, looking at your screenshots, because your two camcorder cables didn't match. I thought one of them was a different cable. :)

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Nice work, I might try this out if I ever find another screen! I got confused for a moment there, looking at your screenshots, because your two camcorder cables didn't match. I thought one of them was a different cable. :)[/quote]

Oh, ha ha I probably should have mentioned that. One from eBay, the other from Radio Shack, thats why their different but both the same type of cable.

Damn, I wish I was able to find some of these screens, if by a lot of luck, I do find them, is there a good chance they will ring up for cheap still?

[quote name='yukine']Damn, I wish I was able to find some of these screens, if by a lot of luck, I do find them, is there a good chance they will ring up for cheap still?[/quote]

$13 maximum :D

So doesn't hurt to check, may even be less now.

I just started thinking about this and I came up with two ideas
1. Mount them onto the back of your car head rest you can get the $200 system for $20.
2. Add a couple more "Y" spliters and you can have 4 screens for Super smash bros.

[quote name='M1C13']I just started thinking about this and I came up with two ideas
1. Mount them onto the back of your car head rest you can get the $200 system for $20.
2. Add a couple more "Y" spliters and you can have 4 screens for Super smash bros.[/quote]

The car idea is what I was thinking would work awesome, but I doubt you would be able to split it into 4 screens or even 3.

You would lose way too much quality and the screens and sound would be terrible. You would have to get some sort of distributor to do that evenly and have more than 2. Trust me, I thought over this idea a lot :D

This reminds me of something.

I remember a feature in gt4 that happened to me by total accident, but I thought was a major problem with my game. The camera was stuck in the in-car view but it was at a 90 degree angle looking out the left door.

Well, I searched for hours on google to figure out what the hell was going on and found out that it was an unfinished feature polyphony forgot to remove. Basically it allowed you to connect three screens to your ps2 (probably by a method similar to yours) and have one looking out the left door, one from the middle, and one from the right.

Although the feature seemed pointless, it would have been cool for the total realism freak. Imagine sitting in a custom fabricated racing cockpit with the driving force pro and the game environment rushing by on either side.

Well, I've rambled long enough. This thread sparked something in my memory and I thought I would share.

[quote name='A_Manual_Dexterity']This reminds me of something.

I remember a feature in gt4 that happened to me by total accident, but I thought was a major problem with my game. The camera was stuck in the in-car view but it was at a 90 degree angle looking out the left door.

Well, I searched for hours on google to figure out what the hell was going on and found out that it was an unfinished feature polyphony forgot to remove. Basically it allowed you to connect three screens to your ps2 (probably by a method similar to yours) and have one looking out the left door, one from the middle, and one from the right.

Although the feature seemed pointless, it would have been cool for the total realism freak. Imagine sitting in a custom fabricated racing cockpit with the driving force pro and the game environment rushing by on either side.

Well, I've rambled long enough. This thread sparked something in my memory and I thought I would share.[/quote]

Thats actually pretty awesome, though, I dont know how you would be able to hook up 3 screens to the PS2. Is there a certain cable that allows you to do that?

[quote name='.JPG']Thats actually pretty awesome, though, I dont know how you would be able to hook up 3 screens to the PS2. Is there a certain cable that allows you to do that?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that sony would have came out with some type of adapter if polyphony went through with the feature. It would have been interesting to see.

[quote name='A_Manual_Dexterity']I'm pretty sure that sony would have came out with some type of adapter if polyphony went through with the feature. It would have been interesting to see.[/quote]

I'd say so. Pretty awesome actually, I'd be interested to see it.

bread's done
Back