$599 a good deal on 40" TV?

skateraXVIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
There is a Samsung 40" LCD TV on sale for $599 at Fred Meyer. It is 1080p, 60hz, and has 4 hdmi ports. Was wondering whether this was a good deal or not? The model # is LN40B550.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have any Aaron's rent to own stores near you, check them out. I've a couple of friends that manage different stores and I have purchased my last two tvs, a 57" and a 60" mitsubishi, for $600 from them. The store managers are allowed to sell used items for what the store has left in them. Its a great way to get much more tv for your money. The sets are usually fresh from the corporate service dept. and may still have a warranty.

[quote name='Kevfactor']id really get 120 htz if you're a gammer

then again i payed 900 for my 40 inch samsung last aug. :)[/QUOTE]

another vote for 120 ghz for anything above 32"

[quote name='Kendro']Is it the LN40B550? If so that is an amazing deal.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I was at Fred Meyers watching Ice Age 3 on one of the display models and it looked really good.

I think anything would be an improvement over my 27" tube TV I've had for the past decade;)

Anyways thanks for all your opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']another vote for 120 ghz for anything above 32"[/QUOTE]

Doesn't enabling the 120Hz features of TVs drastically increase the input lag, something that is not good for gaming? I don't use the 120Hz on my TV.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Doesn't enabling the 120Hz features of TVs drastically increase the input lag, something that is not good for gaming? I don't use the 120Hz on my TV.[/QUOTE]
no higher Hz is better, especially for gaming. it keeps the fast frames smoooth. =)

[quote name='helluvagood']no higher Hz is better, especially for gaming. it keeps the fast frames smoooth. =)[/QUOTE]

Wrong. You're talking about refresh rate. Input lag is much worse with 120 hrz, and Samsung tvs in general, because 120 and 240hrz modes are all post processing (all LCDs are 60hrz natively) The image will look smoother, but your controller inputs will lag.

bread's done
Back