$6.99 Anchor Bay Blu-Ray sale at Best Buy (Grace and others)

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I noticed that select Anchor Bay titles were on sale at Best Buy for $6.99. Amazon appears to be matching the prices on some of the titles.

The sale includes:

Grace
Red Mist
Sands of Oblivion
The Alphabet Killer
The Girl Next Door (2007 torture/horror film, NOT the comedy)
The Lost

For a really freaky horror movie I recommend Grace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIAdsmS-D4

Feel free to post any of the others that I missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TallGuyMe']The Girl Next Door (definately NOT the Elisa Cushbert "comedy")[/QUOTE]

I was in-store on Sunday, and I saw the little plastic thing hanging from the shelf that said 'The Girl Next Door $6.99' but there wasn't any copies there. I looked everywhere for it in the store and never found any. After I got home, I looked this up online and found out on the BB website it wasn't even the Cuthbert comedy. I was disappointed, but now understand why I didn't find any copies of the movie I thought it was.

Are any of these movies actually any good? Because I saw them in the store yesterday and was almost tempted to grab a few, but frankly from the back of the cases they looked awful. My backlog of movies to watch is far too big for adding crap to my collection to be worthwhile.

[quote name='arcane93']Are any of these movies actually any good? Because I saw them in the store yesterday and was almost tempted to grab a few, but frankly from the back of the cases they looked awful. My backlog of movies to watch is far too big for adding crap to my collection to be worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

i bought Grace at 20 and it's still worth it. for 7, i think it's a steal, if you're into atmospheric horror.

[quote name='Josef']I noticed that select Anchor Bay titles were on sale at Best Buy for $6.99. Amazon appears to be matching the prices on some of the titles.

The sale includes:

Grace
Red Mist
Sands of Oblivion

For a really freaky horror movie I recommend Grace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIAdsmS-D4

Feel free to post any of the others that I missed.[/QUOTE]

holy fuck and a half. that movie trailer freaked me out. i sooo want to watch it. i am afraid it isnt worth the 7$ though (i know, normally 13$ is my BD buy price for good movies, but im so broke/in debt its not even funny).

thanks for pointing hte film out to me. i will netflix it.

[quote name='exRounder']i bought Grace at 20 and it's still worth it. for 7, i think it's a steal, if you're into atmospheric horror.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Definitely thought it was great underrated movie.

[quote name='opterasis']Agreed. Definitely thought it was great underrated movie.[/QUOTE]

'she's teething.'

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I don't know what you people are talking about. That trailer wasn't disturbing at all.
[/QUOTE]

It's more effective if you have a child/are expecting and have had any direct experience with mental illness.

[quote name='opterasis']It's more effective if you have a child/are expecting and have had any direct experience with mental illness.[/QUOTE]

Okay, i forgot that sarcasm doesn't translate very well online.

[quote name='Elite Bushido™']if you guys like grace, look up a movie called Inside[/QUOTE]

Yup, one disturbing scene with a meh hour fifteen leading up to it. Grace was pretty good though, from what I remember...

Ordered the Alphabet Killer from Amazon.com they did not match the price for Grace yet but if they do I will order that as well.

[quote name='trunks982']have u guys seen Teeth? about a girl with teeth in her vajayjay.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Someone made me sit through that steaming pile of shit last Halloween. The only thing horrific in it was the acting. When it was over, I wanted my hour and a half back.

If I do end up picking up Grace, I hope it's a much better movie than that one was. Though I'm honestly hesitant because something about that trailer (probably the scene where the woman's breast looks like it's been bitten) kinda made me think of it too.

[quote name='Josef']For a really freaky horror movie I recommend Grace:

red-band trailer [/QUOTE]

I probably shouldn't have watched that while feeding my infant daughter. Who's middle name is Grace.

[quote name='Elite Bushido™']if you guys like grace, look up a movie called Inside[/QUOTE]

agreed, great french horror, plenty of gore for that crowd.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Okay, i forgot that sarcasm doesn't translate very well online.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad. No it does not. I do know some people that have watched it said they were bored the whole time.

[quote name='postulio']holy fuck and a half. that movie trailer freaked me out. i sooo want to watch it. i am afraid it isnt worth the 7$ though (i know, normally 13$ is my BD buy price for good movies, but im so broke/in debt its not even funny).

thanks for pointing hte film out to me. i will netflix it.[/QUOTE]

$10 is my buy point but i am still not budging. Grace looks like it is leaning too much towards suspense and not horror.

Thanks op might pick up Grace, Girl Next Door and The Lost. When I saw Anchor Bay I thought of Evil Dead but sadly it's not part of the sale.

Grabbed The Lost, Girl Next Door and Red Mist while I was picking up Where the Wild Things Are and 2012. As the guy scanned them, he gave me a weird look like it was a pricing error. Guess he didn't pay attention to the display 3 feet away from his register.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Has anyone seen that 3 Extremes movie about "dumplings." It has some similar characteristics to Grace.[/QUOTE]
It's actually called Dumplings. mmmmm yum yum

Updated the OP and added some more titles (thanks everyone that posted them).

Just watched the trailer for The Girl Next Door. Man, that looks like one soul crushing, bleak picture. I have to admit I'm kind of intrigued now.

[quote name='opterasis']Agreed. Definitely thought it was great underrated movie.[/QUOTE]

It's "It's Alive" with lesbians!!!

;)

Girl Next Door is an excellent movie but not one that would have much re playability.
I streamed it off of Netflix. That was enough for me.
Very tough watch.

[quote name='mcdaking84']just bought grace. whats the next best one that you guys recommend?[/QUOTE]

the one people have said are grace and three extremes (the "dumplings" entry).

i have seen both and agree; they're fantastic. dumplings is more similar to grace in tone while inside is similar in its subject matter but is much more balls-to-the-wall about it.

Woo, Amazon is matching The Girl Next Door and Alphabet Killer. Think I might jump on those.

I actually bought Grace for $10 on DVD back in October.... Still haven't watched it. Tempted to go ahead and upgrade, but according to the internets it's not really a major step up on blu-ray.

A friend suggested The Girl Next Door. Apparently it is quite disturbing, and I can always use more sickening torture films.

[quote name='Abalistar']Woo, Amazon is matching The Girl Next Door and Alphabet Killer. Think I might jump on those.

I actually bought Grace for $10 on DVD back in October.... Still haven't watched it. Tempted to go ahead and upgrade, but according to the internets it's not really a major step up on blu-ray.

A friend suggested The Girl Next Door. Apparently it is quite disturbing, and I can always use more sickening torture films.[/QUOTE]

I just watched Grace, and it's something I'll remember for a long time (kind of like I felt after watching Audition for the first time). While it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, it's still worth watching, especially for $6.99 on Blu-ray.

Ended up getting all but The Lost and Sands of Oblivion. Still have to watch them though. Anyone know how long this sale will last? I might just pick them up if they are both horror movies like the others are.

[quote name='sendme']Ended up getting all but The Lost and Sands of Oblivion. Still have to watch them though. Anyone know how long this sale will last? I might just pick them up if they are both horror movies like the others are.[/QUOTE]

Just looked at one of the price markers at Best Buy and it looks like the sale prices are good through 3/27.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']While it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, it's still worth watching, especially for $6.99 on Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

The question that hit me as I held a copy in the store considering it was "Do I really need to own this?" I mean, yeah, $6.99 is cheap for a blu-ray, but it's still $6.99 and I'm honestly running out of space to store these things. Whereas if I'm probably only going to watch it once -- well, I already pay my monthly fee to Netflix anyway, so it really doesn't cost me any extra to add it to my queue. So I put it back down on on the shelf and went and added it to my Netflix queue instead. Seems like the better deal to me in the long run.

[quote name='sendme']I liked all the ones I picked up but Grace. I thought it was dumb.[/QUOTE]
But that's the only one that got positive reviews from the critics.

bread's done
Back