$6.99 bluray from Amazon

Thanks, I picked up The Dirty Dozen and Caddyshack. I was going to pick up The Fugitive, but it looks like that one has really bad reviews for PQ.

[quote name='silentevil']Tempted to grab Speed Racer. I loved the cartoon. Anyone here seen the movie?[/QUOTE]

I thought the movie was a lot of fun, and it looks excellent in HD with all the special effects.

[quote name='silentevil']Tempted to grab Speed Racer. I loved the cartoon. Anyone here seen the movie?[/QUOTE]
Story... eh.

But visually... looks beautiful in HD.

I actually liked Speed Racer... The visuals are incredible and I'm not usually someone who just wants to see "cool stuff explode" or whatever (I hated Transformers and haven't been able to watch more than 10 minutes at a time of Transformers 2). This is a good price for it and would definitely get it if I didn't already own it.

I am quite tempted as well, but I'm gonna have to pass. I own it on DVD and even though it would looks amazing on Blu, I don't care that much for the upgrade to buy it again. Movie was pretty good.

Speed Racer is visually astounding. Some people complain about the DNR (digital noise reduction) applied to the film, but it isn't a film that benefits from any detectable level of grain. The visuals are eye candy in the purest and smoothest sense, and because of that I think the DNR works. John Goodman's pores benefit from being reduced through make-up and DNR, and the special effects are just astonishing because of the image clarity provided by it.

The final race in Speed Racer is what I use to show people how fucking crazy Blu-Ray can be - hell, it's what I use to show how fucking crazy cinematic spectacle can be.

[quote name='silentevil']Tempted to grab Speed Racer. I loved the cartoon. Anyone here seen the movie?[/QUOTE]6.2 on IMDB. That means it is bad.

Based on the reviews linked through http://hddb.net/, the consensus seems to be...

Wedding Singer/Young guns = video quality not much better than the DVD with much fewer special features than previous DVD releases since they crammed it all onto one layer.

Dirty Dozen = good video quality and all the special features from the previous releases are carried over.

The Fugitive = all previous special features carried over but they used an old master from the late 90's so the video is below average.

Caddyshack = above average video quality in many scenes but poorer in others likely due to the source material. The few special features available from previous releases are ported over, and exclusive to the blu-ray is an 80 minute retrospective which aired on A&E.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']6.2 on IMDB. That means it is bad.[/QUOTE]

Its a pretty bad movie but the visuals are so ridiculous its worth $7 in my opinion.

If you enjoyed the cartoon you should enjoy the movie. The Wachowski's did a great job capturing the feel of the cartoon.

Plus, as everybody else as said, it indeed does look amazing on Blu Ray. The use of primary colors really pops in HD.

Hey, I paid $25 for it on release day and was happy so getting it for $7 is an amazing deal.

Somehow link above didn`t work -try this

The Craft

http://www.amazon.com/Craft-Blu-ray-Robin-Tunney/dp/B0024$$$3A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1300995078&sr=8-3

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']6.2 on IMDB. That means it is bad.[/QUOTE]

6.2 is pretty high for IMDB, most things not "classics" barely go much higher. I'd say anything over 5.5 there is generally tolerable in some sense. Plus, personal opinions might win out over a mass consensus view.

[quote name='dg7md']6.2 is pretty high for IMDB, most things not "classics" barely go much higher. I'd say anything over 5.5 there is generally tolerable in some sense. Plus, personal opinions might win out over a mass consensus view.[/QUOTE]Forgive my cynicism, but I believe 90% of IMDB users to be retarded. I deduct 4 points off every movie rating ;)

[quote name='dg7md']Plus, personal opinions might win out over a mass consensus view.[/QUOTE]I agree.

[quote name='GenTrapstar']
Only one I am missing....I have all the others of a mixture of blu/dvd.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy!! its all in one format or the set isnt complete!!! :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back