6 months Xbox Live + Rocket League $24.99

*for those who call. They briefly did try to use the *while supplies last BS on me. That failed when I pointed out that it would put this offer on par with playing the lottery if that were the case, and is a very deceptive practice if so. If they had none left, then they shouldn't be showing the promo on their site, otherwise each purchase becomes an immediate gamble. I've never known GS to use these practices.."your right sir, sorry for the inconvenience"...(places me on brief hold) then returns with codes...

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered Sunday evening and still hadn’t received my codes. I called this afternoon told them it had been two days since my order was placed and I still hadn’t received my code. I got transferred around, put on hold for 25 minutes and then a rep gave me the codes over the phone. He also mentioned that he had to check if they had any let as the offer was while supplies last.

Just a heads up for those CAGs that got in on this deal in store, if you didn’t get your Rocket League code printed out on your receipt you can call GameStop customer service to get your code. Just make sure you mention it was part of a promo going on at the time & it was the main reason you decided to make your purchase in the first place.

I didn’t mention to them that I had received two bonus 3 month XBL codes (instead of one & a RL code) so I highly recommend conveniently leaving that part out.

Good luck.

Well, got my 3 months two days ago, code is on inbox/email, waited two days later (as of today), got Rocket League, now waiting on the other 3 month code. But yeah, for those on the fence, here is/was the fine print on the bonus offers.

https://imgur.com/a/MtKc3

So yeah, the R.L offer was over since yesterday, obviously, the extra 3mo Gold is still active while supplies last or until the promo is over.

My codes finally came in. Rocket League arrived first, but the 2nd 3 month code didn't get to my inbox until well after 48 hrs.

ordered online on 1/8 got the first 3 month code almost instantly, 2nd came 24 hours later - went to enter it and says it is expired... still no rocket league code -- guess I'll be calling later today

ordered online on 1/8 got the first 3 month code almost instantly, 2nd came 24 hours later - went to enter it and says it is expired... still no rocket league code -- guess I'll be calling later today
Yeah, my emailed bonus 3 month code was expired too. Phone call fixed that.

Bonus XBL code that Gamestop sent was "expired." I called Microsoft and they told me that the code Gamestop sent over expired in August 2017. Ridiculous. Microsoft gave me a new code that works after I provided proof of purchase. 

EDIT: Check your email. GS just sent out new codes to replace the previously invalid codes. 

I finally got all my codes. RL code came late last night, and the extra 3 months came this morning. I decided to just be patient and it worked. All the codes worked, and got 2 extra months for auto renew.

I get an email replacing the 3-month bonus code I never got because it was invalid. I called and asked about the RL code and was informed after about 15 mins that they were out for today and will be receiving more codes for tomorrow so wait until tomorrow to call them if you haven't received your code.

My online order delivered the 1st code in minutes, the bonus 3 showed up about 16-17 hrs later and the RL showed up this afternoon roughly 48hrs later as stated. I had called about my RL prior thinking it wouldn't ever show and recieved one from a CS rep. So I inadvertantly ended up with another RL lol, I guess I lucked out.
Well i ordered on the 9th online and i got the 3month code within minutes, i just received the other friend 3 month code few hours ago after two days or so just as it said on the offer on page. no rocket league code though :(

Well i ordered on the 9th online and i got the 3month code within minutes, i just received the other friend 3 month code few hours ago after two days or so just as it said on the offer on page. no rocket league code though :(
The RL offer officially expired on the 7th but some who purchased on the 8th were able to get in on it as well through customer service reps.

I get an email replacing the 3-month bonus code I never got because it was invalid. I called and asked about the RL code and was informed after about 15 mins that they were out for today and will be receiving more codes for tomorrow so wait until tomorrow to call them if you haven't received your code.
Update: I called back and the rep stated they would email me the code. I still hadn't received it after 3 hours so I called back. After speaking with the rep and she not seeming to understand what's going on ( she kept giving me the 3 month live code I had) I spoke with a super. The super stated all MS codes that were supplied have been given out. I informed him to read all the notes in my account and he stated he would escalate it to try to get another code from MS and if they didn't receive a code that they would send me a physical copy of the game.

Stay tuned.

Ordered online 1-8-18. Got the first 3 month code right away. The next day I got the second code. When I entered it it said the code had expired. Then I got a email the next day with a new code. It said it was for a different region but I got it to work by doing it on the website and not the console. I still have not got a code for Rocket League. Guess i'll try contacting customer service too.

I called them about five minutes ago. I have received both of my three month Xbox live codes but did not receive my Rocket League code. The person on the phone was very apologetic but said that they ran out of codes and pointed out that the promo said while supplies last. She said she had been called multiple times about this promo today. When I pointed out that the advertisement shouldn't be on the website if they were out of supplies and said that it was basically a lottery, she wasn't able to help me out. I asked to talk to a supervisor but apparently he is on the phone with another customer. I am waiting for a call back. Will let you know what I find out.

EDIT:

Just got my call back from the supervisor. He said that there was no way I could get my rocket league promo because they were simply out of codes from the manufacturer. He did say that he could give me a $15 credit towards my next purchase. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I have enough trade credit that it makes it worth my while. I didn't want to deal with it anymore. He said I should receive the credit within 24 hours.

I walked in to a GameStop and spoke with the store leader. Showed the promo picture & receipt within the date before expiration of the deal. They tried to give a digital code but couldn’t so I just got Rocket League on Disc! The grin I had on when I saw that $29.99 I didn’t have to pay was 🤩🤩🤩!

I walked in to a GameStop and spoke with the store leader. Showed the promo picture & receipt within the date before expiration of the deal. They tried to give a digital code but couldn’t so I just got Rocket League on Disc! The grin I had on when I saw that $29.99 I didn’t have to pay was !
Online order right?

So, I still only have 1 code. Guess I will have to call customer service tomorrow.

So, I just checked my order and it says processing. Also says it will charge me when the code is delivered. Gamestop is so weird.

Update: I called back and the rep stated they would email me the code. I still hadn't received it after 3 hours so I called back. After speaking with the rep and she not seeming to understand what's going on ( she kept giving me the 3 month live code I had) I spoke with a super. The super stated all MS codes that were supplied have been given out. I informed him to read all the notes in my account and he stated he would escalate it to try to get another code from MS and if they didn't receive a code that they would send me a physical copy of the game.

Stay tuned.
So, I never got a call from the super to update me on whether I would get a code or physical disc. Called and after speaking to about 15 different reps and telling the last one how frustrated and upset I was about the whole process, he transferred me to a manager for CS at the corp office. This manager listened to everything I had to say and agreed with me that I shouldn't have had to go through all I did. While we were talking he placed an order to send me a physical copy. After a day, I still hadn't received the confirmation email and called him back on his direct line and left a message. He returned my call quickly and stated it was being processed and stated there was a latency issue with emails going to Yahoo addresses. I told him that I will update him either Fri or Sat next week on whether I receive it or no. Here's hoping there are no more delays.

Gamestop sucks! I got taken by this deal as well. Guess I didn't know their "while supplies last" works differently than other companies. I assumed that if they ran out of codes, that you would not be able to complete the purchase. Wrong! It is a total crap shoot on whether you will receive the bonus codes. I doubt they had very many free codes to give out.

I called GS today because it has been a week and did not receive the extra codes. Spoke to two reps, one a supervisor. They told me that it clearly stated on the deal "while supplies last". Best they could do was give me a code for $10 off another purchase. Hope that code works. That will be my last purchase from GS ever. They have lost a long time customer which i'm sure does not mean anything to them but if they keep pissing off enough people, they will not last. Amazon will get the rest of my money and I hope Amazon buries GS.     F*** You GS, You Sketchy MF'ers!!!!

Gamestop sucks! I got taken by this deal as well. Guess I didn't know their "while supplies last" works differently than other companies. I assumed that if they ran out of codes, that you would not be able to complete the purchase. Wrong! It is a total crap shoot on whether you will receive the bonus codes. I doubt they had very many free codes to give out.

I called GS today because it has been a week and did not receive the extra codes. Spoke to two reps, one a supervisor. They told me that it clearly stated on the deal "while supplies last". Best they could do was give me a code for $10 off another purchase. Hope that code works. That will be my last purchase from GS ever. They have lost a long time customer which i'm sure does not mean anything to them but if they keep pissing off enough people, they will not last. Amazon will get the rest of my money and I hope Amazon buries GS. F*** You GS, You Sketchy MF'ers!!!!
Just go to a store and speaker with a store leader. Get a physical copy of RL and note that you have a receipt of the transaction and the promo information handy. If I store leader isn’t cooperating try another!

Called today since I never even got my second 3 month code let alone the Rocket League code. They just refunded my order, so I basically got the first 3 month code free. I wasn't invested enough in Rocket League to fight for it so this is at least a good outcome for me. Still I learned my lesson about shopping on gamestop.com, never again. 

They wouldn't give me the extra 3 month code or RL so instead of screwing around I called my credit card company and they reversed the charge.  It pays to have good credit and a good card.  Hadn't bought anything from Gamesuck in years, going back to that policy.

Called Gamestop and they also told me they couldn't give me the bonus codes as they were completely out. I asked for a refund but they wouldn't give me one. Argued for a bit w/ the supervisor and he told me they would give me a $10 gift card for my trouble. Better than nothing I guess.

I love that they're still advertising the extra 3 month code on their site, yet they claim they're all out?

Took about 30 mins on the phone, but they said they would process a refund. 

Got the same story about no bonus codes, etc. Initially they also said they could not refund me since the order was sent. Then after waiting for a supervisor, I got a different story and they would issue a refund. Good thing too, I really didn't want to have to call Chase for a $25 dispute. 

So I guess, 3 months Xbox Live for freeish? I'll take that, and a lesson not to trust Gamestop's website. 

Edit - Ended up getting the bonus 3 month code today. Still waiting to see if I get RL, or the refund they promised me. 

I ordered on 1/7. I just received my extra 3 month code just as I was getting ready to call them. No Rocket League code yet though, and doubt I will get it.

I ordered on 1/07 as well.  I hadn't received my extra codes by the 9th.  I called and a gamestop rep gave me the codes over the phone.  Just a few minutes ago I checked my email and they sent me another 3 month Xbox Live code.  I ended up with 9 months of Live and the Rocket League code.  Gamestop royally screwed up this promotion. 

So I got super lucky at the local store today. The guy listened to my whole story and looked up the cost of Rocket League on the Xbox Store and gave me a $20 credit for a $25 Xbox live store card. So I paid the difference and have $25 Xbox dollars to spend on anything not just Rocket League.

So I got super lucky at the local store today. The guy listened to my whole story and looked up the cost of Rocket League on the Xbox Store and gave me a $20 credit for a $25 Xbox live store card. So I paid the difference and have $25 Xbox dollars to spend on anything not just Rocket League.
That's the best fortune. Some of these local store leaders aren't as bent on railroading gamers as others. Just got talk to each of them.

I finally got my physical copy. I'm glad I got it but in the end it wasn't worth all the headaches.

This thread should prob go to the graveyard.

I finally got my physical copy. I'm glad I got it but in the end it wasn't worth all the headaches.

This thread should prob go to the graveyard.
Congratulations! If the game is eh to you, just sell it so you can collect on top for their frustrating practices!

bread's done
Back