$6 Off When you Buy 2 Ghibli DVDs

[quote name='BigHow']This deal should be good in-store as well, as it was listed in their weekly ad.[/quote]What's Howls moving castle? Is that new?

[quote name='banpeikun']What's Howls moving castle? Is that new?[/QUOTE]

That's Miyazaki's latest film. It had a limited theatrical release last summer.

It's based on a European children's book, if I'm not mistaken.

You can get Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro for $35 shipped at Amazon.com if you buy both. Slightly better than the Bestbuy deal. Plus if you're an Amazon Prime member, you get free two day shipping, making it even better.

Oh, fuck! I just bought Howl's at Target today, and I wnat Totoro. God damnit! Guess I'll just bite the bullet and but Totoro next time I see it.

Howl was 17.99 at Best Buy in Dickson City, PA. Making it 31.92 or something before tax. I should go back but I want to see if Blockbuster got them for rent.

[quote name='BigHow']That's Miyazaki's latest film. It had a limited theatrical release last summer.

It's based on a European children's book, if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you'd hardly be able to tell, he just took the main concept and ran with it. Great film, though.

[quote name='Kuma']i kinda wish it was all the Ghibli films and not just these three, i could clean up.[/quote]
Then put the $5 down to pre-order Chronicles of Narnia, it gives you $5 off any Disney DVD at the purchase time. So $6 off Howl's and Totoro, and then Narnia reserve and $5 off Whisper of the Heart. And if you don't want Narnia, find someone to buy it from you!

Instore they had price tags up 17.99 for Howl's Castle and 17.99 for My Neighbor. When going to ring up, the cashier selected yes to the 6 dollars off, but they they only gave me 6 dollars off the DVDs as 19.99 - 3.00 + 19.99 - 3.00 for a total of 34 + tax instead of 31. I argued with the cashier, bringing up the tags and promotion listed in the store.

I finally got fed up with BB and just had her ring me up at 34 since I was late on my lunch break from work. I am truly fed up with BB, everytime I go there I have a problem.

[quote name='solsovly']Instore they had price tags up 17.99 for Howl's Castle and 17.99 for My Neighbor. When going to ring up, the cashier selected yes to the 6 dollars off, but they they only gave me 6 dollars off the DVDs as 19.99 - 3.00 + 19.99 - 3.00 for a total of 34 + tax instead of 31. I argued with the cashier, bringing up the tags and promotion listed in the store.

I finally got fed up with BB and just had her ring me up at 34 since I was late on my lunch break from work. I am truly fed up with BB, everytime I go there I have a problem.[/quote]The advertised prices were $19.99 each, not $17.99. Just because that store put up the wrong stickers doesn't mean they have to be those prices.

[quote name='Kuma']i kinda wish it was all the Ghibli films and not just these three, i could clean up.[/QUOTE]

Fer sure... I could use a Ghibli movie in my bloated anime collection, but I'd rather have Princess Mononoke (because i think I'd actually watch that one once in awhile.)

Kiki's Delivery Service is my favorite Miyazaki.

My boy watched Totoro [the old, P&S, poor-English-dub version] and seemed to like it.

Is the movie Howl's better than the book? I've read a few books by Diana Wynne Jones, and while I understand they're 'youth/young adult' oriented books, they just seemed somewhat flat to me. I think I've got Howl's somewhere in my attic.

Fine print says "Offer is good through 4/29/06' so you've got time to decide or return your other copy of Howl's.

Is there any plans for a Miyazaki DVD Collection release? I'd love to have all these films in one release:
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Winds
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbor Totoro
Porco Rosso
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

BB Ripping off $4 from my purchase. Howl's Moving Castle $19.99, Whisper of the heart $17.99 and My neighbor Totoro $17.99 but BB charge all of them $19.99 Each. I'll come back get my $4 back and extra 10% off for the different. Also, get them pricematch with Samgoody "Lady and the Tramp" for $14.99 instead $19.99.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Fer sure... I could use a Ghibli movie in my bloated anime collection, but I'd rather have Princess Mononoke (because i think I'd actually watch that one once in awhile.)[/QUOTE]

I thought i heard somewhere that Mononoke is getting a rerelease

[quote name='Masterkyo']Princess Monoke (2 DISC) version coming soon. I hated when they re-release newest version w/ extra.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I was thinking about using a Borders coupon on a copy today, but in that case, I'll wait a bit. :bouncy:

Bought Howl's Moving Castle and Totoro Tuesday for $17.99 each at BB. HMC is absolutely brilliant. Put it in at 10 or so to preview a little and see if it would be OK for my 2 and 4 year olds to watch, and stayed up till 12 with my wife absolutely mesmerized. Brilliant, beautiful, captivating... Pick your adjective... I loved it. Unfortunately I don't think I'll let my kids watch it quite yet. Some imagery is pretty spooky. A couple of more years on this one.

[quote name='morpheus_49017']Bought Howl's Moving Castle and Totoro Tuesday for $17.99 each at BB. HMC is absolutely brilliant. Put it in at 10 or so to preview a little and see if it would be OK for my 2 and 4 year olds to watch, and stayed up till 12 with my wife absolutely mesmerized. Brilliant, beautiful, captivating... Pick your adjective... I loved it. Unfortunately I don't think I'll let my kids watch it quite yet. Some imagery is pretty spooky. A couple of more years on this one.[/QUOTE]

Its one of the weakest Ghibli movies. Sure animation wise its beautiful, but story wise its weak. Pick up Kiki or Porco Rosso, or watch that copy of Totoro you got. Those will show you what Studio Ghibli is really capable of.

Also, why no love for Whisper of the Heart?

Picked up Whisper of the Heart and Howl's Moving Castle. Best Buy wasn't able to give me Howl for 17.99 + 3 off of that. The sign stated 17.99 but they couldn't override the computer, it just kept chaning them to both 16.99. Not too big of a deal I guess, plus I wasn't going to argue and be late for The Hills have Eyes (entertaining movie BTW)

bread's done
Back