60GB PS3 at Blockbuster

ewto16

CAGiversary!
Apparently the Blockbuster near me has decided to try and make some extra money by selling consoles before Chistmas.

I noticed they had a 60GB and an 80GB PS3 for sale there yesterday. Both were $499, so not really a deal, but an opportunity to get a new 60GB PS3.

I didn't know they were still out in the wild.

Dammit, I was looking for the 60 for my Dads X-mas present too. Too late now.

Nope, no idea. I didn't really ask for the details, since I wasn't buying one. I just noticed that it was a 60GB one, which I thought was strange. I didn't see any signs or promotional materials that would indicate a sale, but again I wasn't looking.

The 60GB was $499 as was the 80GB one. I would think you could probably work a deal on the 60GB one, since it shouldn't be the same price.

I'm in Columbus, OH as well for anyone that might be interested in this.

I'm in

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Question: Why is the 60GB better than the 80GB?

Is it a backwards compatibility thing?[/QUOTE]

Emotion engine compared to software emulation.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Question: Why is the 60GB better than the 80GB?

Is it a backwards compatibility thing?[/quote]

Correct. The 60GB one has a PS2 in it basically. The other versions do not.

Eh. Its an okay deal.. but most of the items with it arent worth the trouble of actually FINDING a blockbuster with that deal loll

They used to carry them, but I haven't seen a BBV with systems in a long while. They actually WERE renting PS2 systems back at the start of the last gen, though they phased out that program. They used to have them in big black carrying cases, if I remember correctly.

The deal that whitedeath mentioned in the linked thread at the start of this one(post#3) is at a local store to me, but unless the system and extras came out to $399.99 plus tax, I'll skip this 'deal' too.

Mine has an 80 GB bundle...Includes Motorsport, Surfs Up BR, the BR Remote, and a 20-week rental card for $600.

If it was $499 I might bite with the Beowulf flippin' scheme...but this? no.

bread's done
Back