60gb PS3 for 584.95 midnightbox.com

FYI: This time around they're offering the U.S. version. Last time it was Japan version.

[quote name='Import']No thanks....still too much for a PS3.

A $10 savings is not going to change my mind. =)[/QUOTE]

$10 plus no tax. The tax on the PS3 is equivalent to a game at this point.

[quote name='linkpwns']Aren't they actually selling for less than retail on ebay?[/quote]

I think all of them are, lol.

What's wrong with going through amazon and getting free shipping and no tax? I mean if you're paying this close to retail, you might as well get it from a well-known place.

[quote name='linkpwns']Aren't they actually selling for less than retail on ebay?[/quote]

Yeah, I got my 60GB for about $520 after shipping. If you really keep at it though, I'm sure you can find one for less.

Check craigslist. If you live in a moderately sized city, there are probably quite a few. I bought mine for $540 brand new. I'm sure I could have found a cheaper one if I had been a little more patient (I've been seeing them for as low as $450 slightly used now) but I just wanted it right away. I'm impatient, what can I say. :D

[quote name='torifile']Check craigslist. If you live in a moderately sized city, there are probably quite a few. I bought mine for $540 brand new. I'm sure I could have found a cheaper one if I had been a little more patient (I've been seeing them for as low as $450 slightly used now) but I just wanted it right away. I'm impatient, what can I say. :D[/quote]

Ebay has them for like 500 new and shipped lol

[quote name='linkpwns']Ebay has them for like 500 new and shipped lol[/QUOTE]
I'm not a fan of buying big ticket items "new" marked so far from retail without seeing them first. I make enough that $40 lost isn't going to kill me and I get some peace of mind ($500 lost wouldn't kill me either, but it'd hurt a bit more :D).

I was thinking the same thing as you but I picked mine up from a reputable seller on eBay with a mountain of feedback and it was $515 after shipping. The eBay store is even offering a replacement plan (which I won't get). At this point in the PS3's life it's about how much I would pay for it. I have a feeling that once the big games start coming, the PS3 will start going for around what SRP is. If Sony doesn't drop the price of it first. But that doesn't look likely at the moment given how much they're loosing on each unit.

[quote name='torifile']I'm not a fan of buying big ticket items "new" marked so far from retail without seeing them first. I make enough that $40 lost isn't going to kill me and I get some peace of mind ($500 lost wouldn't kill me either, but it'd hurt a bit more :D).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='furyk']$10 plus no tax. The tax on the PS3 is equivalent to a game at this point.[/QUOTE]

No tax/shipping via Amazon.

If you live near Oregon, you can pick it up without tax. But, still too expensive. Knowing my luck, they'll have that price drop I keep hearing rumors about.

bread's done
Back