60gb PS3 with free game and remote at Walmart.com $499

Excellent deal. Now, if only you could price match it in a store. For those wondering, generally Wal-Mart stores will not price match their web site, though they're better about it than Target is.

# NBA 08 PS3
# Heavenly Sword PS3
# Lair PS3
# Warhawk PS3
# Resistance: Fall of Man PS3
# Motorstorm PS3
# Formula 1 Championship Edition PS3

^^^ Game Selection.

Anybody know if Best Buy would pricematch the freebies, or no because it isn't actually a price issue?

You could easily do this as a Ship-To-Store and save on the shipping, so you get the best of both worlds, if your local WM supports it. From what I've seen, they seem to have rolled out Ship-To-Store to most WM's.

[quote name='y2kenjination']Would this be an in-store deal as well? If so, I just might have to bite. -_-[/quote]

As far as I know, it is not currently in-store. If you can wait, as previously stated, a ship-to-store thing would be ideal, saves on shipping, then there's just tax. Even then, it's still a great deal.

Thanks OP, def. have to check this out, especially being I get a 10% discount for being an associate.

how is this a deal. the 80gb ps3 is now the same price. This system needs to drop in price by 50-100 dollars before it could be considered a deal. This is an anti-deal

[quote name='dethsesh']how is this a deal. the 80gb ps3 is now the same price. This system needs to drop in price by 50-100 dollars before it could be considered a deal. This is an anti-deal[/quote]

It does come with a free game and remote I guess. If you were planning on buying those things this would kind of equal to getting a PS3 around $400-$440.

[quote name='dethsesh']how is this a deal. the 80gb ps3 is now the same price. This system needs to drop in price by 50-100 dollars before it could be considered a deal. This is an anti-deal[/quote]maybe we can send an email to amazon and see if we can get a similar deal hahaha :D

[quote name='dethsesh']how is this a deal. the 80gb ps3 is now the same price. This system needs to drop in price by 50-100 dollars before it could be considered a deal. This is an anti-deal[/quote]

If I had a choice between the 60gb and 80gb models for the same price, I would easily take the 60gb model, which I did. The EE chip is far more important than an extra 20gb of hard drive space. And since you get a game with this and an extra controller, I would say that it's a very nice deal.

[quote name='dethsesh']how is this a deal. the 80gb ps3 is now the same price. This system needs to drop in price by 50-100 dollars before it could be considered a deal. This is an anti-deal[/QUOTE]

Its a deal because the 60 GB has the most backwards compatibility out of all the models, and it is also becoming the rarest.

Not a terrible deal, but bottom line I'm still not going to fork over $500 for a PS3, and the 40GB is the new 20GB so really we're still at square one here.

I'll wait to see what amazon decides to do.

Tax and shipping are the same price as game + remote respectively. Lame.

For that price, I might as well just get Amazon's current deal.

[quote name='mnine']Not a terrible deal, but bottom line I'm still not going to fork over $500 for a PS3, and the 40GB is the new 20GB so really we're still at square one here.

I'll wait to see what amazon decides to do.[/QUOTE]
If you wanted any of those games on the list, essentially the system will cost $440 and minus another $30-$40...however much the blu-ray remote is.

This is one helluva deal, though. I might have to call my Wal-Mart to see if they'll honor their online deal. I don't really want to wait for it to ship (I'm too damn impatient).

It's a pretty good deal considering a new heavenly sword sells anywhere from $44 shipped to $55 new and the remote sells for another $20 shipped and up. You can pass the game in 5 or 6 hours and then sell it on ebay to help recoup the costs (same goes for the remote). Choose in-store pick up (if it's available) and this is probably the best "retail store price" deal you can find. I can think of more creative ways to save money on a PS3, but for a flat out purchase price, it's not bad at all.

Oh boy, a lot of retail stores are now taking a step forward on clearing out those 60GB models. I wish I could buy one, but I just got a Wii couple of days ago.

[quote name='yuy104']Does anyone know if the Warhawk game that could be free includes the BlueTooth headset?[/quote]

As far as I know, the retail versions of the game includes the bluetooth headset, so I'm assuming that this version would also include the headset.

[quote name='anarchyburger']is there any way to price match this at Target?[/QUOTE]
Target doesnt pricematch at all. They only do price-adjustments on their own sales.

Unfortunately, this can't be shipped to store. For me it was $550 shipped, so you do save a little if you're buying one of those games and remote (which I am)

[quote name='anarchyburger']does anyone have any experience with Walmart's bill me later feature?

and which is the better game: Resistence or Heavenly Sword?[/quote]

I haven't played Heavenly Sword yet, but I would personally go with Heavenly Sword b/c it hasn't been out for that long. Resistance has been out for awhile now and some people are speculating a price drop for the holidays. Also, Heavenly Sword is a really short game which you can pass quickly, and then sell it to help recoup the costs while still holding a pretty good value. :)

[quote name='Praetorb']hey guys,

first post here but I saw on SD that someone PM'd this deal at CircuitCity and got the free controller they normally give too

here's a link to his receipt

I called my local CC and they said they would honor the PM too

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=634837&page=2&highlight=walmart
[/quote]
NVM

Anyone know if we'd have to print out the CC ad for the free controller AND walmarts deal? And could I just return the blueray controller if it worked and get back $25?

I noticed a paper at BB today that said they'll match other prices and they had printed out a price for a PS3 from Costco's website. I'm hoping they'll match WM.com's deal and I can still get Heavenly Sword from BB's deal.

[quote name='gsrjedi']I noticed a paper at BB today that said they'll match other prices and they had printed out a price for a PS3 from Costco's website. I'm hoping they'll match WM.com's deal and I can still get Heavenly Sword from BB's deal.[/quote]

Go do that and tell me what happens since my CC is out of 60gb :(

Stores seem to be wanting to get rid of the 60gb, I am sure better/lower deals will come along. That deal isn't worth it, imo.

[quote name='jfuze']has anyone here successfully price matched this anywhere?[/quote]

I was able to price match this at BB.

[quote name='Dhuk']Stores seem to be wanting to get rid of the 60gb, I am sure better/lower deals will come along. That deal isn't worth it, imo.[/QUOTE]

Not to buy into the hype but the 60GBs aren't in production any more, and AFAIK Sony's announced they're officially out of stock of them (For good). So stores are just burning off whatever 60GB units they have in their own channels.

There may be better deals but by the time they become available it may be fairly tough to track down a 60GB unit and they'll be more clearance sort of deals (i.e., extremely YMMV).

Ordered this and the e-mail shows the PS3 at $427 and Resistance at $51 and the remote at $21. If that's what shows up on the invoice in the box then I guess in theory you could return Resistance and the remote for $72 + part of your tax. Doesn't matter to me though, I wanted those things anyway which is why I ordered it.

Tried to PM this today at Best Buy...

Yesterday I went in with it printed out, showed the chick and she took it to her supervisor. Supervisor said OK they would have done it but didnt have any 60gb in stock. Right.

So I went on the Best Buy website later that night and noticed it said that store had them in stock... so I call and what do ya know, they had 7 of them.

Went up there this morning AGAIN to PM, and the stupid heffer at the customer service desk told me they dont price match deals like this.

Kinda bummed out, i really wanted to grab this deal with Warhawk but didnt want to pay for the shipping on Walmart.com.

[quote name='Forsaken']How much are you guys paying for shipping on this deal?[/quote]

if you go to the website and add the game and proceed to checkout it says estimated shipping 12.97 which is not bad.

[quote name='zerolens']Ordered this and the e-mail shows the PS3 at $427 and Resistance at $51 and the remote at $21. If that's what shows up on the invoice in the box then I guess in theory you could return Resistance and the remote for $72 + part of your tax. Doesn't matter to me though, I wanted those things anyway which is why I ordered it.[/quote]

Got mine in today. Sure enough comes with a reciept listing Resistance at $51 and remote at $21 which says you can get a refund at your local walmart. Brand new 60gig PS3 for $427! - might even be worth a new thread.

Hi Cagers

I just tried to make this purchase and Walmart sent me an e-mail saying my order was canceled. Looks like they may have sold out already.

Just bought this online as the local Circuit City wouldn't match, and WM didn't have any 60GB in stock. Just a quick reminder, if you go through Ebates, that's 2% off right there, and that almost covers the shipping in my case. Not outstanding, but better than nothing.

If it is true that the game is priced at $51 on the receipt, that might be a nice way to swap it out for any game you want at WM and pay a couple of bucks extra. I don't know which I'd like better, Tiger Woods or Warhawk.

bread's done
Back