$68.95 for an oem Nintendo DS @ midnightbox.com

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
hey alls,

midnightbox (similar to woot) is selling a limited amount of oem nintendo ds for only $68.95 plus shipping (probably $5). not a bad price from a trustworthy company :)

www.midnightbox.com

http://www.midnightbox.com/data/images/20060109.jpg (pic of the product)

[quote name='midnightbox']
Name
: Nintendo DS Portable Gaming System

Details: Manufacturer Nintendo Model DS

Warranty: 30 Day MidnightBox Warranty

Description: It's a whole new world of gameplay with the Nintendo DS handheld video game system. The system comes with exciting and unique features, including built-in wireless communication, dual screens, dual game slots and touch screen capabilities. You'll enjoy the ultimate gaming experience on this feature-packed system.

In addition to the exciting new games available for the DS, you can also play your entire Game Boy Advance collection thanks to the dual slots and processors for compatibility with both DS and Game Boy Advance games. The new dual screens provide the ability to experience two in-game perspectives at once, and each 3" screen shows true 3D view and is backlit for play in any lighting conditions. The lower screen also features touch screen capabilities so you can navigate menus or move characters by touching the screen. Draw or write wireless messages with the built-in PictoChat. Using wireless technology, DS users can also connect to a local wireless network with up to 16 other players for multiplayer games. The 16-channel stereo sound provides amazing audio, immersing you into the world of your games. A rechargeable battery and power management sleep and standby modes ensure you get long gaming enjoyment.

Features Includes a rechargeable battery pack, built-in microphone and stylus
Use the built-in communication device PictoChat to write messages, sketch and draw and send them wirelessly to other users
Experience your game from different perspectives on two built-in 3" screens with 3D views and back lighting for comfortable gameplay
Enjoy impressive gameplay with 3D graphics and effects, including fog and cell shading
Use the stylus to type, navigate menus, select options and more via touch screen capabilities on the lower screen
Play both Game Boy Advance games and new DS games via the dual slots and two processors, one ARM9 and one ARM7
Connect wirelessly with up to 16 other players for multiplayer games
Hear all the action with 16-channel stereo sound and included headphone jack
Power up your system using the rechargeable battery with power management functions of sleep and standby modes
Protect your screens with the compact, folding design

Package Contents: Nintendo DS Portable Gaming System
Rechargeable Battery Pack (NO AC ADAPTER INCLUDED) Try searching Froogle for one.
Stylus

Additional Notes: These were customer returns that were tested and checked to be in working condition. Cosmetically, they show signs of wear including scratches and scuff marks.

Today's orders are limited to one per household due to the high demand. Duplicates will NOT be shipped. Please do not attempt to circumvent the order limit, we will catch it ship-time, and you will just prevent one of your fellow MidnightBox.com members from getting one.[/quote]

credit goes to my bro who always checks woot and midnight box every night hehe.

EDIT: thanks to DT778 for finding a cheap charger:
$7.99 before coupon codes
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236355.asp

[quote name='Chris in Cali']oem?[/QUOTE]

no box, no instructions.

just system in a brown box.

EDIT:
WTF??? no charger?? lol that's lame. charger is 15 bux at the store. might as well buy a new one. some places now sell new DS with a free game.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']nothing is better than getting some midnightbox[/QUOTE]

lol

thats right... audible giggling ensued

[quote name='111111']no box, no instructions.

EDIT:
WTF??? no charger?? lol that's lame. charger is 15 bux at the store. might as well buy a new one. some places now sell new DS with a free game.[/QUOTE]
$7.99 before coupon codes
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236355.asp

Damn, no returns... I wonder if its worth the chance of getting a fucked up screen.

[quote name='dpatel']argh.. such a tempting price. i think i will hold off though, because I want the DS lite. thanks anyway OP.[/QUOTE]

hehe, i'm in the same situation as you. i was tempted and almost bought it on impulse, but i've decided to wait until the ds lite comes out. :cool:

Man, thanks so much. I really don't mind that it is returned and doesn't come with a charger this is a hell of a deal. Got one for the girlfriend. Thanks! :applause:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']hehe, i'm in the same situation as you. i was tempted and almost bought it on impulse, but i've decided to wait until the ds lite comes out. :cool:[/QUOTE]

yea, its tough to resist. I know if i jump on this now, ill regret it once the lite comes out.

Wow.

If it's a Nintendo OEM refurb, that's a great price for it, even without a charger, which can be snagged in those GBA SP 'bundles' that are on clearance everywhere.

So from what it looks like, a great deal. Even more so if you can snag a cheap charger or use the charger from your old GBA SP.

Damn, this is a awesome deal. 14 minutes and I'm torn between buying this or going with a DS Lite.

Head.....bout......to.....asplode.....AHHHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='hollow2010']Are these DS's used or new? OEM to me means new, just without some of the packing. Anybody know?[/QUOTE]

if you read it through it clearly says it's returned items from customers and may have marks and scratches. So for me, YES it is a used item.

Ok, hold on. It reached midnight, but they're still selling the DS's. Guess they have plenty more to sell.

[quote name='maxg']Ok, hold on. It reached midnight, but they're still selling the DS's. Guess they have plenty more to sell.[/QUOTE]
they started selling them at midnight eastern time zone.

[quote name='111111']no box, no instructions.

EDIT:
WTF??? no charger?? lol that's lame. charger is 15 bux at the store. might as well buy a new one. some places now sell new DS with a free game.[/QUOTE]

$1.99 for a used 1st party one at EB. I saw like 3 at my local shop yesterday.

''These were customer returns that were tested and checked to be in working condition. Cosmetically, they show signs of wear including scratches and scuff marks.''

ummm.... no.

like someone above already said, if you own a GBA you dont need to buy a new charger. the DS & GBA chargers are 100% compatible.

It's a sweet price, but since they're straight up "used" and not refurbs, without seeing it in person it's not a deal I'd recommend. I bought my DS used at EB and they had two behind the shelf - one was pristine (the one I bought) and the other one was obviously owned by an 8 year old, with scratches, dings, the works. I'd have hated to get stuck with the crappy one, which is the risk you take by buying one of these.

Still, people know what they're getting into. Altho I'd seriously question marking this as an "OEM"

The cheapest I've seen a used DS for is $100 (in a CD exchange store) so this is a great deal. Just a word of warning: I bought a DS (full price) and when I got it home and charged up I found that there was 1 dead pixel on the touchscreen. I swiftly took it back and exchanged it for a new one. I'm not saying that these would have dead pixels, but if they do then you are stuck with it. (you could always sell it on eBay for a small profit I suppose)

damn so tempting....i was ready to buy a DS at TRU for $117, but cant find one anywhere...just skeptical...its only $70 but if it comes with scratche and marks then i might pass....if a new DS drops to around $100 i'd rather get that

bread's done
Back