$7.44 Wal-Mart 2-packs - great deals!

JediJones

CAGiversary!
I spotted these at a couple Wal-Marts in northeastern PA in the past couple days. They have a bunch of good quality 2-packs for the excellent price of $7.44. On a lot of these you could probably buy them, watch them, and sell them back individually to FYE used and get most of your money back if you wanted to. It's also easy at this price to buy a 2-pack and sell off the extra if you only wanted one movie for about $5. Per DVD this is even cheaper than Wal-Mart's Black Friday doorbuster $3.88 sale. Here are some of the selections:

Interview with the Vampire/Last Samurai
North by Northwest/Dial M for Murder
Gettysburg/Gods and Generals
Diner/Liberty Heights
Police Academy/Vacation
Frantic (full screen)/Presumed Innocent
Blink/Heaven's Prisoners
Rumble in the Bronx/Jackie Chan's First Strike
Gothika/Catwoman
Gothika/Exorcist ("version you've never seen before")
Casablanca/Maltese Falcon
Training Day/Swordfish
Unforgiven/Mystic River
Blood Work/Mystic River
Nightmare on Elm Street/Jason X
A Marx brothers and I think an Elvis movie 2-pack
Miss Congeniality and some Hilary Duff movie I think

There were other ones I can't remember, mainly horror, children's, teen comedies, and 1950s-older stuff.

Some of these are in side-by-side and some are in back-to-back packaging. Never saw back-to-back at Wal-Mart before. No UPC was printed on those so they had UPC stickers stuck to the bottom that were falling off on some of them. There were a lot of 1950s and older movies in the back-to-back packaging.

There also put out a display with new 2-packs of children's/animated films for about $19 each. One good one there is Chicken Run/Wallace and Gromit's 3 Adventures.

King Kong 2-disc SE was also mispriced on about 30 copies on one display for the 1-disc price ($19.96). No such luck with Narnia 2-disc.

Thanks for the link since i have no walmart here in germany :)

2 movies for 7.50??

AWESOME!!.

Im picking up

Assasins/Demolition man
Last samurai/interview w vampire.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']Thanks for the link since i have no walmart here in germany :)

2 movies for 7.50??

AWESOME!!.

Im picking up

Assasins/Demolition man
Last samurai/interview w vampire.[/QUOTE]

theres a walmart in germany, its in wurzburg... i think...

I went there and found Three Kings/US Marshalls and Neverending Story I/II. Neither of those are on either list, so I suggest checking your Walmarts anyway.

[quote name='jshendel']What was the Marx Bros movie? I didn't see it on the website[/quote]

The Marx bro's 2-pack is A Night at the Opera/A Night at the Races.

Wow, that's a heck of a deal. Def going to pick up Casablanca/Maltese. If you have ANY interest in classic movies at all, especially suspense, North by Northwest and Dial M is a hell of a deal. NbyNW is one of my top five movies of all time.

RD

Might have to pick up Gettysburg/Gods and Generals. At $7.50, that is like a dollar per hour for these films.

Anyone who can't enjoy Princess Diaries is trying WAY TOO HARD to be mature: Hector Elizondo, Heather Matarazzo, Mandy Moore, Julie Andrews, all delightful performers, Anne Hathaway isn't bad either, the stories are cute, fun, simple, lots of light hearted slapstick and very sweet moments, they're good movies and at a low price incredible finds.

As for the 2 packs, I went to Wal-Mart today, saw these and thought I'd post since they're hot

Last Samurai/X-Men
Mean Girls/Cinderella Story
Romeo Must Die/The One

They sold out while I was there, and are cheap...

Mind you, I think these are dropping everywhere because Target has Mean Girls, Cinderella Story, and X-Men for 7.50 [from 12.99 and 9.99] so if you want separates you can go to Target or Fry's [also has Last Samurai, Mean Girls, and X-men for 5.50]

But beware

My Walmart sold Jackie Chan First Strike and Rumble in the Bronx in ONE CASE on ONE DISC, no special features, and bad audio/video, you're LUCKY if you get it AS TWO SEPARATE DVD's

Also, only two of the Mean Girls were widescreen, you're dumb if you're buying full screen, especially in a movie where every other frame has at least two hot girls in it

The X-Men might be the full screen only spotlight editions, but I saw 1.5 at Wal-Mart and Target's X-MEN is the original silver case widescreen print

But still, it's a good, the ones I posted and the Jackie Chan's [if they're separate DVD's] are the best deals of the bunch

Terminator 3 (widescreen)/2001: A Space Odyssey is another great 2-pack I've seen in this rack but forgot to mention before. If I didn't already have them I would've been all over that.

Went to Walmart this AM. Only got 3 of the 5 I wanted...

I got the following...

The Women / Philadelphia Story
North by Northwest / Dial M For Murder (thankfulyl these arent in the Hitchcok COllection)
Victor Victoria / Cabaret

The ones I couldn't find were...

Ace Venture / The mask (I've given up hope on a widescreen Ace)
Troy / Ben-hur

I bought the Jackie Chan 2-pack, Rumble in the Bronx/First Strike. Both on separate discs, complete with all the extra goodies and widescreen!!!:bouncy:

Night at the Opera/Day at the races are such good movies, thanks for the deal!

Also if you're wallyworld doesn't have these out yet keep checking mine just put them out today.

[quote name='JediJones']I spotted these at a couple Wal-Marts in northeastern PA in the past couple days. They have a bunch of good quality 2-packs for the excellent price of $7.44. On a lot of these you could probably buy them, watch them, and sell them back individually to FYE used and get most of your money back if you wanted to. It's also easy at this price to buy a 2-pack and sell off the extra if you only wanted one movie for about $5. Per DVD this is even cheaper than Wal-Mart's Black Friday doorbuster $3.88 sale. Here are some of the selections:

Interview with the Vampire/Last Samurai
North by Northwest/Dial M for Murder
Gettysburg/Gods and Generals
Diner/Liberty Heights
Police Academy/Vacation
Frantic (full screen)/Presumed Innocent
Blink/Heaven's Prisoners
Rumble in the Bronx/Jackie Chan's First Strike
Gothika/Catwoman
Gothika/Exorcist ("version you've never seen before")
Casablanca/Maltese Falcon
Training Day/Swordfish
Unforgiven/Mystic River
Blood Work/Mystic River
Nightmare on Elm Street/Jason X
A Marx brothers and I think an Elvis movie 2-pack
Miss Congeniality and some Hilary Duff movie I think[/QUOTE]

No price will ever warrant buying that crap.

bread's done
Back