7/6 - 7/13: Mad Catz EVO2010 Promo - FightStick Discounts , Daigo Shirt, New Parts

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
7/6 - 7/13: Mad Catz EVO2010 Promo - FADC INTO ULTRA SAVINGS + NEW PARTS & SHIRTS!

NOTE: THIS ONLINE PROMOTION IS ONLY VALID FROM JULY 6 - JULY 13, 2010!

ALSO NOTE, ONLY ONE COUPON CODE CAN BE USED AT A TIME! IF YOU WANT TO GET A DISCOUNT ON BOTH A SUPER STREET FIGHTER ORDER AND/OR A REGULAR TE STICK ORDER, FIGHTPAD/SE FIGHTSTICK YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE SEPARATE ORDERS!

These promos expire end of day July 13th!

---

Mad Catz® Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz” or “the Company”) (AMEX/TSX: MCZ), a leading third-party interactive entertainment accessory provider today a full schedule of promotions, activities and sponsored events to take place at the Evolution 2010 Championship Series taking place at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada from July 9 through to July 11 2010.

The Evolution Championship Series (EVO for short) represents the largest and longest-running fighting game tournaments in the world. EVO events bring together the best of the best from around the world in a dazzling exhibition of skill and fun, as players and fans gather to honor the competitive spirit in an open format and determine a champion.

Widely recognized as the fighting game controller of choice by professional gamers, casual fans and critics alike, the Mad Catz Street Fighter IV™ Arcade FightStick: Tournament Edition has been chosen as the EVO 2010 Championship Series ‘Official Controller’ and in celebration, team Mad Catz’ superstar player, ‘Daigo “The Beast” Umehara will be attending the EVO 2010 tournament on behalf of Mad Catz where the esteemed champion will be signing autographs as well as giving fearless gamers an opportunity to test their skills in one-on-one bouts of Super Street Fighter IV™.

Fans attending the EVO 2010 tournament will have an opportunity to catch an exclusive look at ‘never before seen’ limited edition FightStick designs, and enthusiasts are invited to bring their Tournament Edition FightSticks along where they will have an opportunity to customize their stick through purchasing exclusive parts and components including new bezels and shaft covers which will be available in no less than 13 striking colors! Newcomers to the fighting game scene will have the opportunity to try out the acclaimed FightSticks for themselves and purchase any one of the Mad Catz FightStick range on site. Fans attending just for fun can still walk away a winner as Mad Catz will be running regular raffles and contests giving away exclusive prizes to a fortunate few!

As an official sponsor of the EVO 2010 Championship Series Mad Catz will proudly be contributing the winner’s prize fund as well as providing the lucky eight Super Street Fighter IV qualifiers with exclusive ‘Gold Plated’ Tournament Edition Arcade FightSticks.

Mad Catz look forward to welcoming fighting game fans at the EVO 2010 Championship Series. For further information, please visit: EVO2K.COM

---

Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more deals & promotions in the future!

Mad Catz - EVO2010 Promotion
Hello everyone! MarkMan here with another discount for the gaming community

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone ordering.

There are only 500 keychains made available for this online promo. After that, they're DONE.

those fightstick parts are pretty freaking sweet (although a bit expensive, to be honest...i'll probably bite in a couple days though)

[quote name='blaked569']those fightstick parts are pretty freaking sweet (although a bit expensive, to be honest...i'll probably bite in a couple days though)[/QUOTE]

$5 is about right IMO for a dustcover/shaft cover set. They are available in 13 different colors and have a unique design aspect to them (arrowed dust covers).

For the bezels, it's more of a size of the plastic issue. $14.99 might seem like a lot. But when you think about getting both of these items for $20, it seems like a good upgrade IMHO.

I might be heading to Vegas this weekend to watch my friends compete and get their asses handed to them. :lol:

Oh man, I may have to get a bezel or two.

Damn, can't order from work to get a keychain since the website contains the word "game" in it lol :cry:

~$109 is so tempting for the Round 2 stick but I am going to have to pass :( since SDCC is coming up and I need to save up...

I ordered a $99 Round 2 TE a few weeks ago (around Super NCR) to add to my collection. I kind of wish I'd waited just for the TE Stick keychain :cry:.

I mentioned it in the FGT but I do really like those parts. I've been thinking of modding one of my TEs but I don't know what direction to go color wise so I prolly won't order anything just yet.

EDIT: BTW MarkMan, I know you mentioned you were trying to get free shipping on the parts if you order the dust/shaft cover and bezel together. Will this hold true outside of this weekend's promo? Will you have to order 2 of the same color to do that?

Any plans to sell the side pieces on the stick, so I don't have to paint my original TE from white to black? I'd probably order that and the bezel if available.

Hell Yeah, thanks MarkMan!

I just ordered a shirt so hopefully I get a key chain!

Should post this on Unity too if you haven't yet.

I got the confirmation email but it doesn't say anything about the keychain. Is it still all good?

Also, I just posted a link to this on Unity.

Thanks again MarkMan.

I'm so tempted to get that TE stick for my 360 but I won't get a fighting game for it until BBCS comes out. Why can't this deal be extended til it comes out?

Too bad it's pretty useless to get a TE stick for my ps3 since DS3 can do like 80% of what a TE stick can.

[quote name='yamayama']I got the confirmation email but it doesn't say anything about the keychain. Is it still all good?

Also, I just posted a link to this on Unity.

Thanks again MarkMan.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! As mentioned in the promotions page on the Mad Catz web store, all orders using any of these codes will receive the keychain (while supplies last of course)...

[quote name='lockelinus815']I'm so tempted to get that TE stick for my 360 but I won't get a fighting game for it until BBCS comes out. Why can't this deal be extended til it comes out?

Too bad it's pretty useless to get a TE stick for my ps3 since DS3 can do like 80% of what a TE stick can.[/QUOTE]

Deal is only for EVO weekend that's why. Maybe I'll do one during Comic-Con?

[quote name='Moses144']I also didn't get a keychain when I ordered earlier today. Can you help, MarkMan, or should I contact the support?[/QUOTE]

Read above. ^.^

[quote name='OGHowie']Any plans to sell the side pieces on the stick, so I don't have to paint my original TE from white to black? I'd probably order that and the bezel if available.[/QUOTE]

I would love it if they did.

Does the TVC stick come with a square gate? If so, what part from Lizard Lick can be used to replace with an oct gate, if any?

I really want a stick for TVC, but I needs me an Octo gate!

Like all Japanese sticks. Square gate is the default.

There's only one octagonal gate. The Sanwa one will suffice.

IMHO. Octagonal gates hinder performance as they kill the actuation points for key areas such as diagonals etc.

Remember kids. It's hip to be square.

Don't listen to me, it's not like I know about arcade sticks or anything.

fightstick-parts.gif

yum

[quote name='MarkMan']Like all Japanese sticks. Square gate is the default.

There's only one octagonal gate. The Sanwa one will suffice.

IMHO. Octagonal gates hinder performance as they kill the actuation points for key areas such as diagonals etc.

Remember kids. It's hip to be square.

Don't listen to me, it's not like I know about arcade sticks or anything.[/QUOTE]

I already have an octo gate for my SFIV Tourney stick for PS3. It works MUCH better for me than the square. I don't have any problem with diagonals as far as low blocks, etc. SSFIV is so persnickity about inputs and timing that trying to 'roll' with a square gate just fails for me most of the time.

Good to know I can replace the gate on the TVC stick.

Lastly, what are the rest of the six buttons used for in TVC? I've been using the Classic Pro controller for TVC on Wii - it's three attack buttons and a tag button. When using the stick, what are the other two buttons used for?

Thanks for humoring my ignorance on this subject, I'm just now getting into fightsticks.

[quote name='MarkMan']We will have more parts in the near future. Just keep watchin ;)[/QUOTE]
Does that mean new colored top plates similar to what Art is doing? Like in all the pictures you have ;)

Does the keychain include the "Hex Key" to open up the stick as it appears in the pictures? I really need one, and I am hoping that it is included so I can open up my Stick, as I want to order a Bezel and some new dust covers. Please let me know, thanks!

I've been managing to pass on all the times TE sticks have been discounted to ~$100 but now you throw in free shipping and I had to pull the trigger. Thanks for making this deal happen Markman :)

[quote name='Mattx510']Does the keychain include the "Hex Key" to open up the stick as it appears in the pictures? I really need one, and I am hoping that it is included so I can open up my Stick, as I want to order a Bezel and some new dust covers. Please let me know, thanks![/QUOTE]

The keychain does include the 3mm hex key. :)

[quote name='lockelinus815']MarkMan, does the 360 TE stick Round 2 have a headphone jack? I keep hearing mix answers for this. Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does. It also includes an adapter if you have a gen 1 X360 Microsoft headset.

[quote name='jaab']I've been managing to pass on all the times TE sticks have been discounted to ~$100 but now you throw in free shipping and I had to pull the trigger. Thanks for making this deal happen Markman :)[/QUOTE]

No problem. Just want to help the gamers out.

[quote name='MarkMan']The keychain does include the 3mm hex key. :)

Thanks! I just placed my Order for 3 Dust Covers, and a Bezel, and of course the Keychain, I can't for for its arrival! Thanks MarkMan!!

[quote name='Keirnoth']...Daigo shirt? That's strange yet awesome.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking. What's so strange about it?

I forgot to add - awesome deal by the way. And if the other sticks are anything like my PS3 Tourney Stick and my 360 fightpad - they really do bring the games alive. I can't play SSIV worth a crap with the standard 360 controller.

I wish this sale happened last month. I ordered a round2 fightstick from Gamestop for $100 but they charged me full price ($130). I emailed them for a refund but still haven't received it yet.

[quote name='MarkMan']We will have more parts in the near future. Just keep watchin ;)[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Wouldn't mind changing my TE into a slim with black sides.

[quote name='lockelinus815']Just wondering, will the MvC TE 360 sticks ever be back in stock?[/QUOTE]
The 360 MVC sticks are showing as in-stock, the PS3 are sold out however (not sure if that's what you meant).

AFAIK the MVC sticks were a (relatively) limited run to coincide with the XBLA/PSN re-release. MarkMan might be able to tell you otherwise but I think they are no more.

I have one though and I looooooove it. :D

[quote name='MtlTom']The 360 MVC sticks are showing as in-stock, the PS3 are sold out however (not sure if that's what you meant).

AFAIK the MVC sticks were a (relatively) limited run to coincide with the XBLA/PSN re-release. MarkMan might be able to tell you otherwise but I think they are no more.

I have one though and I looooooove it. :D[/QUOTE]

oh I see it now. had to actually search for it since it wasn't with the other sticks. thanks.

i got a question: do you get a tracking number? oh and just wondering, is there a certain time they cut off shipping every day? i'm planning to order one today which is already about 5 p.m. here. plus i know it says like 5 day shipping so i'm guessing it won't be delivered till early next week anyways.

bread's done
Back