7/6-8/2 BestBuy VideoGame Accessory Month - Currently Gaming Headsets $30 & $40 Instant Giftcard offers

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Latest-Greatest/Video-Game-Accessory-Month-at-Best-Buy/ba-p/824814

No, currently the Gamer`s Club Unlocked(GCU) 20% discount DOES NOT apply to accessories if you`d like to see that change vote for it here.
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/20-discount-off-video-game-accessories-for-GCU/idi-p/785533

$30 Instant Giftcard w/Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4(AMZ price match $120)

$40 Instant Giftcard w/Select Astro Gaming Headsets

$25 off Turtle Beach P11 PX22

Save $125 off Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 w/Pur of XB1 headset adapter

$20 off Sony Gold Wireless Headset w/The Last Of Us Remastered Purchase(possible $80 AMZ pm on the headset not sure how the system deducts could be another $20 off the headset)

****System allows price matching plus receiving the instant Giftcards

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Zurcamos" post="11919042" timestamp="1405241311"]I don't remember doing that, but it's definitely possible.[/quote]
I think so, because not signed in on mobile web it was giving me normal price of 99.99 and free giftcard, once i signed in it changed to 69.99 promo and 9.99 gc

I bought the elite golds today in store and they said I could not combine the $30 off and the $10 GC...has anyone had any luck?

Anybody that has the credit for it might want to buy some games now then price match later to avoid any slick dealers taking all the good stuff for flips.

Anybody that has the credit for it might want to buy some games now then price match later to avoid any slick dealers taking all the good stuff for flips.
Won`t just be SD`ers Nintendo stuff brings large volumes of regular customers who`ll overspend too & knowing BB they certainly didn`t make a huge recent bulk purchase of games to bring stock up to a level needed to keep this deal strong for a full week.

Won`t just be SD`ers Nintendo stuff brings large volumes of regular customers who`ll overspend too & knowing BB they certainly didn`t make a huge recent bulk purchase of games to bring stock up to a level needed to keep this deal strong for a full week.
This is true as well. Which is why it would be smart to by anything you want in the next couple days then price adjust it when the sale starts if there is something you'd really like. Its a pro controller, yoshi and pokemon y for me!

Going to trade my Y and X to GS tomorrow for $54 and rebuy them with Braverly Default and Zelda. Essentially only costing me $24 for BD and Zelda. Good thing I haven't started playing either X or Y, so I won't lose any progress.

Dear god I don't know what to do about that sale. 

I will get a Pro controller hopefully. Two is definitely needed for Wii U gaming. 

Sweet deals, grabbing Tomodachi Life, Mario Party, Bravely Default, Mario Golf and a Pro Controller. Hopefully the black pro controller is discounted. The sku listed in the ad is non existent online. I remember they clearanced out the white versions a while ago but saw them in-store recently for full price.

I bought the elite golds today in store and they said I could not combine the $30 off and the $10 GC...has anyone had any luck?
Yes, I actually tried to go a step further.

I tried to get them to price match amazon, then take $30 off, and then give $10 GC... The system wouldn't let them pricematch + coupon. However, ordering online works fine just using the coupon and adding a $10 gift card to your cart. Just do in store pick up.

Sweet deals, grabbing Tomodachi Life, Mario Party, Bravely Default, Mario Golf and a Pro Controller. Hopefully the black pro controller is discounted. The sku listed in the ad is non existent online. I remember they clearanced out the white versions a while ago but saw them in-store recently for full price.
I've been wondering that since that ad popped up. Kind of odd.

I'll probably be looking at Pokemon X and Y and Mario Party for the kids and Bravely Default for myself.  

Probably a second Pro Controller as well.  

Yes, I actually tried to go a step further.
I tried to get them to price match amazon, then take $30 off, and then give $10 GC... The system wouldn't let them pricematch + coupon. However, ordering online works fine just using the coupon and adding a $10 gift card to your cart. Just do in store pick up.
Coupon can't be redeemed online.

The $30 off Sony gold coupon automatically applies when you add it to cart online, but you won't see the discount until you add it to cart.  If you go to this page

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ps4-accessories-offer-124588

it says it should discount the $10 gift card to free when both items are in the cart but it doesn't for me, so ymmv.  I don't want the headset anyways, the Platinum version is supposed to come out this fall and have some improvements to the mic and audio quality.

The $30 off Sony gold coupon automatically applies when you add it to cart online, but you won't see the discount until you add it to cart. If you go to this page

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ps4-accessories-offer-124588

it says it should discount the $10 gift card to free when both items are in the cart but it doesn't for me, so ymmv. I don't want the headset anyways, the Platinum version is supposed to come out this fall and have some improvements to the mic and audio quality.
Platinum isn't "supposed" to come out this fall. Sony left headroom in the model line for something higher end after the renaming fiasco with the Wireless Headset, which they had to rebrand as the Pulse vs. the Pulse Elite to tame consumer confusion. Release cadence for Sony cans is 2-3 years between editions, and there've been no credible leaks re: a Platinum set. Just rank speculation on fan forums and YouTube.

The Golds are really good. I've owned a lot of headsets and they're among the best in terms of price/performance even at MSRP. I use better cans now, but I recommend the Golds to friends all the time. Everyone I know who uses them is happy with the purchase. With the stacked offer, they're a screaming deal.

I'm pretty happy with the Golds.  Definately a more premium item over the Xbox One Stereo Headset.  The mic on the Xone headset is better though.

so looks like only the white wii u pro controller is on sale? I was hoping the black would be too

BTW  can u use the Wii U pro on the regular old Wii? Im not sure if you can. Im assuming nunchucks are interchangeable between the wii and wii u at least, right? As well as the wii-u mote

Hopefully they step this back up a bit since it seems to have lost all momentum.

so looks like only the white wii u pro controller is on sale? I was hoping the black would be too

BTW can u use the Wii U pro on the regular old Wii? Im not sure if you can. Im assuming nunchucks are interchangeable between the wii and wii u at least, right? As well as the wii-u mote
The Wii controllers are forward compatible but the WiiU ones are not backwards compatible.

anybody had success price matching the black Wii U Pro controller?  I know its not on sale at BB but maybe someone got Target or Walmart to go for it?

OP updated more instant gc deals if cheaper prices found pm`ing stacks with gc offer
Amazon sells refurb Astros at great prices. $199 for the 50's. I know several folks who've successfully PM'd that at Best Buy. Extreme YMMV, but some managers are keen to get rid of PS3 and 360 accessories since they're apparently selling terribly vs. next gen stuff. The Astros will work perfectly with PS4, but they're still a last gen item in BB's POS.

I was actually thinking of getting some A40s, These dont go on sale much do they? Just wondering if i should keep waiting or just take this giftcard deal. Also, i really wanted the penny-arcade ones but dont know if theyre worth the extra money. Are the 'special edition' ones really unique or do they just make different caps on them for end?

Other than that just need to decide on the 40's or 50s. Dont think i really need wifi for the extra money

Normally they always have a promo code during PAX that you can use for 10-20% off Astro's website. Since PAX Prime is next month, you may be able to get a deal. However, if you had a Best Buy credit card, you'd be looking at getting as much as $80 back including the gift card, as well as free shipping for being an elite/elite plus member. Something to consider.

Normally they always have a promo code during PAX that you can use for 10-20% off Astro's website. Since PAX Prime is next month, you may be able to get a deal. However, if you had a Best Buy credit card, you'd be looking at getting as much as $80 back including the gift card, as well as free shipping for being an elite/elite plus member. Something to consider.
I'm also considering the 40s or 50s but rarely splurge. But with the BBY CC and changing WM GC to bluebird (long story and its because of a person that I know that circumvents the POS) coupled with the 10% makes it a pretty good deal.

Still considering just getting the xp400s though as everywhere has them dropping in price. Just hard to justify $200 on head phones vs a $100 pair.

Thought I might throw my 2 cents in: I got the XP400s a few years back at a BB DOTD sale. Bottom line, it's a good headset, but its main problem is that pairing with the transmitter puck in very finicky; I have come to terms with the fact that I will have to re-pair every time I use it, which usually takes me 2 or 3 tries (I packed the pairing guide somewhere, so I usually have to try several times to get it) 

The problem: 
"Pairing mode" is indicated by blinking lights, but the thing blinks in several different ways to indicate all sorts of functions. I believe the method of pairing is to put the transmitter puck into pairing mode first, and the headset second. You put the headset into pairing mode by holding down the power button to turn it on, and then continue to hold the power button until it starts blinking in order to pair... but it seems like sometimes when the headset powers on it will immediately bump the puck out of pairing mode, as if the two pieces recognize that they are already paired. It's almost like the problem is not that they have become unpaired, but rather that the audio will just not transmit to the headset, and the re-pairing is just an attempt to get game audio to start transmitting... anyway, as you can see it's kind of frustrating to pair them when you have to, but once it's on and you're using it, it's all good.

I actually think that's the best way to describe the problem, is that sometimes you just can't get the audio to transmit to the wireless headset.

TLDR:

If you get the XP400, keep your pairing manual on-hand for awhile until you get really good at pairing it by memory (I noticed the "de-pairing" increased over the next few months after purchasing it; it was all good at first for me, that's why I packed the manual). The voice chat puck that connects to the controller always works as expected in my experience. The headset is relatively comfortable, and all the controls you need are easily accessible on the two ear cups.  

Good luck. :)

I got a pair of refurbished xp400 from Newegg when they had them for $60. I've never had a pairing problem with this headset. The biggest disappointment about this headset is no wireless chat unless you buy the Xbox Bluetooth adapter. Plus the surround sound sounds more like stereo than 5.1. Small gripes for a good not great headset. Recently picked up the ps4 gold headset and they are much better than the px400.

Amazon sells refurb Astros at great prices. $199 for the 50's. I know several folks who've successfully PM'd that at Best Buy. Extreme YMMV, but some managers are keen to get rid of PS3 and 360 accessories since they're apparently selling terribly vs. next gen stuff. The Astros will work perfectly with PS4, but they're still a last gen item in BB's POS.
I`ll never pay more than $100 & even then it`s gotta come with credit. The best deal to get is the buy any 2 accessories get a $25-$40 GC or spend $80 on accessories get a $40 GC. Pm both items hopefully one has a good flip value to cover most of the cost.

I scored 2 PS2 & 4 PS3 controllers that way in the past.

hmm may wait for PAX to see if theres a promo code like Borjoyz mentions. I did some review look ups and i hear VERY bad things about the mics on the Astro's. Both the 40s and 50s. ANyone have one of the newer models of these? Is the mic as terrible as everyones claiming it is? Seems ridiculous to spend 250+ bucks on a pair of headphones with a shitty mic

Updated OP
The TLOU + -$20 off gold headset & $30 gc TB headset have two AMZ pm chances.

The Sony one is already $80 @ AMZ & since the $20 is to come off of the headset vs the game that could be $60 for the $100 ones.(TIV for TLOU below) And the TB`s are $120 on AMZ vs $127 @ BB.

$30 base $33 w/GCU on TLOU RM

bread's done
Back