7" LCD for $63, shipped

RBM

CAGiversary!
credit for this iffy "deal" goes to www.dealhunting.com:

http://clickserve.cc-dt.com/link/click?lid=41000000010955622

Kohl's has the Trinity 7" color LCD television on sale. Use code NEW9763 for $6 off, and the total comes to about $63, shipped.

Now, for the damp underbelly to this so-called deal. I've never heard of this company, and some reviews give reason to suspect that this item might well be a piece of electronic crap (ahh...the sweetest kind!)

However, a few of the reviews lend some hope to the possibility that it may simply require some patient tweaking, by those who are not hampered by the lack of any adequate documentation.

The company's website does not offer much encouragement, however (is this their *only* item??) Still, I'll post it in case others feel like trying their luck. I admit quite frankly that I didn't go for it. Caveat emptor!

[edit: Oh, I wasn't aware that portable DVD players had gotten that cheap.]

It looks like it's only composite video input, so it can't be that high of quality. Additionally the resolution (960 x 234) has to be wrong as that is a 4:1 aspect ratio (widescreen is 1.7:1).

EDIT: Also, when a 7" portable DVD player is easy to find for $70-$80 (with inputs) why would someone want just a screen for $60?

bread's done
Back