70% off green tag items TRU(YMMV)

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
There are 50 TRU stores that have now marked the green tag items to 70% off(only 50 stores have done this, thats why its YMMV). If this proves popular and increases sales, it may become a storewide deal. The stores are all over the place, so I don't have an exact list, but if you're at a TRU that is doing it, they should have signs all over the place advertising the new sale. Also, there was a problem with the promotion today, so it would give you 70% off then an additional 50% off(both promos were active). This should be fixed tomorrow, but it may take them a little longer to get it perfect.

Here's a list of almost all the stores(about 10 are missing):
5602 - VAN NUYS, CA
5654 - MONTEBELLO, CA
5658 - CALEXICO, CA
5662 - ALHAMBRA, CA
5804 - PINOLE, CA
5819 - SAN JOSE, CA
6011 - CHICAGO, IL
6026 - HIGHLAND PARK, IL
6028 - VERNON HILLS, IL
6346 - BROOKLYN, NY
6352 - BRONX, NY
6354 - JAMAICA, NY
7018 - MARRERO, LA
7037 - NEW ORLEANS, LA
7041 - VICTORIA, TX
7804 - OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
7819 - MIDLAND, TX
7824 - SANTA FE, NM
7825 - TYLER, TX
7829 - SHERMAN, TX
7832 - SAN ANGELO, TX
8312 - MEDIA, PA
8317 - WYNCOTE, PA
8325 - ADELPHI, MD
8343 - LAUREL, MD
8363 - COLUMBIA, MD
8720 - HATILLO, Puerto Rico
8725 - ORLANDO, FL
8730 - TALLAHASSEE, FL
8746 - VALDOSTA, GA
8756 - CHARLESTON, SC
8805 - ATLANTA, GA
8812 - LITHONIA, GA
8813 - MACON, GA
8820 - FAYETTEVILLE, GA
8829 - COLUMBIA, SC
8840 - NASHVILLE, TN
8842 - ALBANY, GA
9590 - MERIDIAN, MS

cool,too bad i can't get anything for a while because GS cut my hours in half (i am down to 10 now) so that they could train the holiday hires. unless i find another job, the only thing i am getting for a while will be the new PSTwo.

Do you have a list of stores? The closest TRU is over an hour away and I'm not driving there just to find out that they don't have this deal.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']Do you have a list of stores? The closest TRU is over an hour away and I'm not driving there just to find out that they don't have this deal.[/quote]

he already said he didn't have a list. you might want to just call before you go.

[quote name='biggestinuyashafan'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']Do you have a list of stores? The closest TRU is over an hour away and I'm not driving there just to find out that they don't have this deal.[/quote]

he already said he didn't have a list. you might want to just call before you go.[/quote]

He doesn't have an exact list. He could have something. ;)

yeah, do you have anything? also where do you live?

is it 70% off everything? or jsut the green tagged stuff?

can you scan your reciept?

(I asked the green tag thing casue im looking for a deal on GTA SA....)

When you say "today" is that Fri or is that Sat? Didn't visit any TRU on Fri, but I'm going to check some out today, Sat. :eek:

This question may not be answerable, but does anyone know how many TRUs there are? The closest one is an hour away and I'm too lazy to call (the store in Vienna/Parkersburg, WV).

Man, I wish someone would give some official words and answer the above questions. I will try checking out the local TRU today, but I doubt they would be on of the fifty stores to do this.

I scanned a game at toys r us(I was doing stock at RZONE) and roboteck or sumthinthing by TDK, was 550%+50%=75$ so it went from 20$ to 4.99$

Damn ChrisXe, I need to head to your TRU then :). Does any know if they fix the buy 2 get 1 free where you buy two game at 40 with 50% and get a game at 30 or 40 free?

[quote name='shawagg']I was at a TRU that had it at 70% and it's not both promos it's 70 insteed of 50[/quote]

and which TRU would that be?

Yeah, it was really weird...for a period of time yesterday, some items were 'double green-tagged'...they were ringing up 75% off (50%, then 50% again). However, they had it fixed before I got off work, so I wasn't able to take advantage...oh well.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='shawagg']I was at a TRU that had it at 70% and it's not both promos it's 70 insteed of 50[/quote]

and which TRU would that be?[/quote]

Yes to anyone who finds one, please help out your fellow CAGs by specifying the city/state the TRU is located in.

No go for 70% off in Westport and Norwalk CT as far as I could tell, as in no signs.
Norwalk has 2 Disgaeas, Contra Shattered Soldier.
Westport has Katamari Damacy.

i was at Brooklyn, NY. the TRU near the DeKalb Ave subway station. they have 70% off. i bought CIMA for 9bucks. i bought 3 other games for B2G1 free. they are Dark Cloud, Eternal Ring, Need for Speed Hot pursuit 2 for GC. comes out around 23bucks. i saw a couple of Everblue i think its called the ocean fish game costs 29.99 green tagged so it comes out to be 9bucks. same price for Dynasty Warriors 4 for Xbox. i saw some PN03 for 6bucks after GT. last copy of Rebel Strike for 6bucks. they got lots of green tagged games. mostly crap like sports. i saw super monkey ball for 6bucks.

[quote name='Arakias']No go for 70% off in Westport and Norwalk CT as far as I could tell, as in no signs.
Norwalk has 2 Disgaeas, Contra Shattered Soldier.
Westport has Katamari Damacy.[/quote]

thanks for the info about Westport, I won't bother driving up there now. I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last copy of Katamari Damacy in Norwalk about an hour ago. I was told they had two or three copies, but the others had been sold.

EDIT: there's also a copy of Fatal Frame (XB) at the Norwalk TRU.

Im from CT as well, The newington TRU has la pucelle phantom brave and more. Waterford TRU had GTA SA PM2 and more
Waterford did have Rocky, Unreal Championship and Rayman Arena for xbox 5 bucks each after markdown and 10 all 3 since its buy2get1

Man Norwalk is an hour and a half away from me. Im going to be too busy to make it there today. Arakias or waxHead mind picking Disgaea up for me?

I checked both Peabody and Revere, MA - no luck on the 70% off. :(

Might stop in the Framingham TRU tomorrow evening if no one reports here.

[quote name='Weedy649']Man Norwalk is an hour and a half away from me. Im going to be too busy to make it there today. Arakias or waxHead mind picking Disgaea up for me?[/quote]

Weedy, I picked up a Disgaea for you ;)

[quote name='trunks982']i was at Brooklyn, NY. the TRU near the DeKalb Ave subway station. they have 70% off. i bought CIMA for 9bucks. i bought 3 other games for B2G1 free. they are Dark Cloud, Eternal Ring, Need for Speed Hot pursuit 2 for GC. comes out around 23bucks. i saw a couple of Everblue i think its called the ocean fish game costs 29.99 green tagged so it comes out to be 9bucks. same price for Dynasty Warriors 4 for Xbox. i saw some PN03 for 6bucks after GT. last copy of Rebel Strike for 6bucks. they got lots of green tagged games. mostly crap like sports. i saw super monkey ball for 6bucks.[/quote]

Thanks for the information, hopefully I can check it out on Monday. How long will this deal last?

Ok, I'll have a list for you guys of the stores tomorrow, unless someone gets it up sooner. The promotion has been corrected, so it will no longer ring both discounts.

[quote name='FunkSoulBrother'][quote name='trunks982']i was at Brooklyn, NY. the TRU near the DeKalb Ave subway station. they have 70% off. i bought CIMA for 9bucks. i bought 3 other games for B2G1 free. they are Dark Cloud, Eternal Ring, Need for Speed Hot pursuit 2 for GC. comes out around 23bucks. i saw a couple of Everblue i think its called the ocean fish game costs 29.99 green tagged so it comes out to be 9bucks. same price for Dynasty Warriors 4 for Xbox. i saw some PN03 for 6bucks after GT. last copy of Rebel Strike for 6bucks. they got lots of green tagged games. mostly crap like sports. i saw super monkey ball for 6bucks.[/quote]

Thanks for the information, hopefully I can check it out on Monday. How long will this deal last?[/quote]

Thanks for the info as well. I was planning to go to that TRU today, but I didn't get a chance. The TRU at Jamaica Queens is doing 70% as well (Times Square is "still" only 50%). I asked someone if it was 70% in addition to the original 50%, but was shot down - it was only 70%.

Whomever goes there be careful about the amount they deduct - the took off 66% instead of 70% as was written on the receipt. I asked customer service about it, but they gave me every nonsensical and incorrect reason to support the mistake.

Some green tagged games they have there:

$40 Gun Metal, XB
$20 Sneakers, XB
$30 W & Grommit (?)
$20 Goblin Commander, PS2

and a bunch of sports titles, a couple of Sega Genesis games.

Are there still any more Cima's left?

[quote name='sm04as'][quote name='FunkSoulBrother'][quote name='trunks982']i was at Brooklyn, NY. the TRU near the DeKalb Ave subway station. they have 70% off. i bought CIMA for 9bucks. i bought 3 other games for B2G1 free. they are Dark Cloud, Eternal Ring, Need for Speed Hot pursuit 2 for GC. comes out around 23bucks. i saw a couple of Everblue i think its called the ocean fish game costs 29.99 green tagged so it comes out to be 9bucks. same price for Dynasty Warriors 4 for Xbox. i saw some PN03 for 6bucks after GT. last copy of Rebel Strike for 6bucks. they got lots of green tagged games. mostly crap like sports. i saw super monkey ball for 6bucks.[/quote]

Thanks for the information, hopefully I can check it out on Monday. How long will this deal last?[/quote]

Thanks for the info as well. I was planning to go to that TRU today, but I didn't get a chance. The TRU at Jamaica Queens is doing 70% as well (Times Square is "still" only 50%). I asked someone if it was 70% in addition to the original 50%, but was shot down - it was only 70%.

Whomever goes there be careful about the amount they deduct - the took off 66% instead of 70% as was written on the receipt. I asked customer service about it, but they gave me every nonsensical and incorrect reason to support the mistake.

Some green tagged games they have there:

$40 Gun Metal, XB
$20 Sneakers, XB
$30 W & Grommit (?)
$20 Goblin Commander, PS2

and a bunch of sports titles, a couple of Sega Genesis games.

Are there still any more Cima's left?[/quote]

last time i check, theres one left as of Oct 30, at 1pm

Charleston, SC near Citadel Mall has the 70% off. They have a decent sized selection left, but nothing to spectacular title wise. Grabbed the last copy of Guilty Gear X2 for 9 and some change.

Two Notch TRU in Columbia, SC has their green tag items for 70%. Hit them up for the B2G1 deal. Took it easy this time :) .

Viewtiful Joe (GC)
FZero (GC)
Ico (PS2) (green tag item) was my free game
2 of the indigo GC controllers - 7.50 apiece after discount
gameshark for DC - 7.50

Total was $61

this worked at the tallahassee store. With 70% off and B2G1, I got for just under $40.00 total:

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (xbox)
Fatal Frame (xbox)
Oddworld (xbox)
Street Fighter Ex 3 (ps2)
Legion (ps2)
quantum redshift (xbox)

not a great haul, but 6 games for 40 buck ain't bad I guess.

[quote name='trunks982']
last time i check, theres one left as of Oct 30, at 1pm[/quote]

Hopefully it will still be there...that and some others. :eek:

It would have been nice to use that deal in conjunction with the B2G1F sale, but I loaded up on items at the other TRU. My back started to give in.

Bailey's Crossroad, Virginia. No sign of the 70% off. Of course, they were late getting on the green-tagged sale, so I'm not sure if they actually have it going on, since I never bothered to scan the actual items.

You'll have better luck trying the Fair Lakes TRU, Virginians. They tend to have more customers and they had signs for the green-tag sales only about half a week after it was posted.

Tubtub, do you know how much TRU has Okage: The Shadow King (PS2) priced at?

bread's done
Back