75% off all new XBOX/GC/PS1/GBA @ FYE

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Searched. Saw nothing. Hope this isn't a dupe, but here goes:

FYE has adjusted their 50% off all new Xbox/GameCube/PS1 games to 75%. For those of you who can't do math, anything marked at $20 is now $5, anything $9.99 rings up for $2, and so on and so forth. There's some great titles waiting to be mooched, amazingly.. Nobody went for the old stuff.

Really cool deal if your FYE still carries games. Not sure if it's going online, but I figured if anyone wanted to know, the CAGs would.

Edit: Just confirmed that the deal is good for new GBA games as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's YMMV. The FYE in Southpoint Mall (Durham, NC) had no idea about this sale and had no promotional materials up. There was actually another thread posted about this, but I don't know where it is.

[quote name='Guinn3sS']Thanks.... never heard of this place..[/QUOTE]

It is also Spec's Music also, they are the same management...check also there.

[quote name='jaysapathy']www.fye.com

Deal is good for any XBOX/PS1/GC game with a "NEW" sticker on it. Want to make that clear. :p[/QUOTE]

YMMY on whether it is "NEW" or not. I have three stores in my tiny little area and two are any game and the other is only new.

Picked up a new Baten Kaitos Origins on GC for $5.00 last night.

If they don't have a clue, have them scan them. The 50% off all new Xbox games has been going for 3 months or so, and the 75% just took effect on the 24th. My FYE still has a few titles left, so if you're after something, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I checked two days ago and the Daly City store was out of new X-Box games and the Tanforan one was ringing up at 50%. I went to Tanforan today and it is now 75% off, signs up in the store. No new GC games and the GBA games weren't good. I picked up 20 X-Box games for about $60 plus a $5 rebate each for 50 Cent and Unreal. They had to manually put in the 75% off.

This is one company I almost want to see go under, the only thing they are good for is to find a out of print game if you willing to pay the original price for it.

I feel bad for the people who work there, but everytime I walk their PS2 and PC game section I just can't understand the logic; they hold on to the oldest stuff, never/hardly ever mark them down and are stuck in rebate hell.

Surprised they are purging games from systems that are three generations old and Xbox; too bad they are not doing it for the used games too.

I doubt it's worth checking in on, I wouldn't expect to find anything.

I went in there last week hoping to find My Neighbor Totoro (a 20 year old movie) on DVD as a last-minute Christmas gift and they wanted $30 plus tax for it. I laughed and walked out.

[quote name='JrHu92']They still have new PS1 games?[/quote]
Just coming to post that. Most likely though MGS1's reprint is the only one they would have.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Every FYE in Richmond has already dumped their games. Checked the Southpark store today, nuthin.[/quote]

Thanks, was about to got there today.

[quote name='Vegan']I went in there last week hoping to find My Neighbor Totoro (a 20 year old movie) on DVD as a last-minute Christmas gift and they wanted $30 plus tax for it. I laughed and walked out.[/quote]

Serves you right for trying to buy an anime movie, much less a Miayzaki movie. $30 is a pretty reasonable price, considering it's mostly out of print now. I would get your info straight before you start complaining. :roll:

The deal itself is turning out really good; I picked up a few GBA games for $2 each which I flipped to GS for ~$75 in credit. If you know what you're looking for, it's a good flipping opportunity.. Otherwise, it's just a damn good deal.

I went to the jersey gardens mall fye, NJ which had the sale at 75%. Bought Baten Kaitos Origins (theres 3 more) for 5 and Zelda Twilight Princess (last copy) for 12.50. There was one copy of Viewtiful Joe 2 and F-Zero GX if anyone is looking for that. They are still some xbox and gamecube games there. Wasn't expecting to find TP so that was great. Thanks jaysapathy!

[quote name='CheapMoogle']I went to the jersey gardens mall fye, NJ which had the sale at 75%. Bought Baten Kaitos Origins (theres 3 more) for 5 and Zelda Twilight Princess (last copy) for 12.50. There was one copy of Viewtiful Joe 2 and F-Zero GX if anyone is looking for that. They are still some xbox and gamecube games there. Wasn't expecting to find TP so that was great. Thanks jaysapathy![/quote]

thanks, im in nj but a little further away from jersey gardens. maybe i'll check out the fye at the local mall tomrorow. hopefully something good will be sitting around. Wouldn't mind picking up Viewtiful Joe 2 or some others.

i was in my store yesterday and all the games were ringing up full price. one game i found was baten kaitos and it was marked 4.99 with one of those sale stickers. i brought it up with my purchase and it rang up 19.99 but since it was marked that price they gladly, and without asking me, told me they would change it to the 4.99 price because that was what it was marked.

is there a sku/barcode/button combination they have to hit for it to take the discount off or should it be automatic?

The cashier does NOT take the 75% off, it rings in automatically. So, if your store isn't taking it off, they may not have received their download yet. YMMV maybe?

[quote name='JrHu92']They still have new PS1 games?[/QUOTE]
The local FYE has some, yes. The fact that those PS1 games are still there after all this time should give you an indication of the quality involved. I don't think I could force myself take any of them even if FYE were giving them away.

[quote name='Vegan']I doubt it's worth checking in on, I wouldn't expect to find anything.

I went in there last week hoping to find My Neighbor Totoro (a 20 year old movie) on DVD as a last-minute Christmas gift and they wanted $30 plus tax for it. I laughed and walked out.[/quote]$30 is the MSRP. Even on Amazon, it's $24. Do your research before you scoff.

I went into Toys R Us to buy a Wii. They wanted $249.99 plus tax. I laughed and walked out.

Oh its on new games only?

DOH.

I walked in, found a bunch of used gamecube games, she rang them up and they came up full price. So I told her to stop and I put them back.

But she said the only deal she knew about was buy 3 get 1 free on all used games.

Now that I know its new games... I'll take a trip back there tomorrow.

I brought up 7 used games, they rang up full price but B2G1, and they said it was new only. I said the sign didn't specify so never mind, but the manager said "yeah, the sign doesn't say" and he gave me 75 % of after the B2G1, so I got 7 games priced at $8 each for a total of $10.

[quote name='Ikari Warrior']I brought up 7 used games, they rang up full price but B2G1, and they said it was new only. I said the sign didn't specify so never mind, but the manager said "yeah, the sign doesn't say" and he gave me 75 % of after the B2G1, so I got 7 games priced at $8 each for a total of $10.[/quote]

Wow! Lucky You!

The people at my FYE are like a bunch of dead fish.

They just do their job and try not to interact with the customer more than they ever would possibly have to.

I forgot that FYE used to have display copies years ago and almost every XBox game I saw was either re-shrinkwrapped with the heatwrap type shrinkwrap or in some kind of plastic bag. If there was anything I really wanted, I would have bought it anyway but it I couldn't imagine paying full price for a game like that.

If anyone's FYE still has 50% off signs up, ask for a price check. The one I was at tonight had 50% off signs but the one GBA game I bought, Family Feud, rung up for $5.00, 75% off.

I didn't even know this place existed before CAG and always thought it was some store on the other coast, but I went to the store locator and apparently there's one in the mall I just so happen to be going to tomorrow (Discover Mills in Atlanta, GA). I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks for the heads up!

Bah, had trouble with this today at a store. Not only did they not have 75% yet, they gave me hell with the 50% off they had. First, they said "It was only for new games". Fine, I took the used games out of the stack, and only got the new ones. Then "The prices are already marked down". After that, I got the little sign that said "50% off lowest marked price", got the manager, and got them to manually mark the price down on those new game (Which was a 3rd of what I had)

So, how hard would it be for me to take the things to a store that is doing 75% off and get a price adjustment?

Had no issues today, was a little low on pocket change, but snagged the copy LoZ:TP I wanted and found out some more info. Apparently, unless it's coincidence, the sale includes some PS2 games. I had the clerk scan a copy of Gradius V for me (19.99 new) and it rang up for 4.99. So I rushed back to the shelf and had her scan KH:Re:CoM and unfortunately, it still is 29.99. Had her check a couple of other random things too. Should I get a HDD for my PS2 new for 29.99 and mod it out?

Got Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox), Baten Kaitos: Origins (Cube), and WarioWare: Twisted (GBA) all for $15! Had 0 problems getting the discount, they even had signs posted up on the walls. Saved myself $55. Thank you kindly! :applause:

Picked up Baten Kaitos Origins, new/sealed for $5 and Tales of Symphonia perfect condition/used for $8. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
The FYE in my area didn't have any XBox, GC, PS1 or GBA games. I'm not even going to bother checking the other one. I was actually by the second one last night but it was closed.

I've had no problems with this at all. I've spent far too much money on various Xbox games.

And yeah, Gradius V is 4.99. There were two copies at my local Sam Goody, one for 29.99, the other for 4.99. The 29.99 one (which was still sealed) rang up at 4.99. Still haven't gotten around to playing, since I picked up almost 20 Xbox games, as well as some GBA games I've been putting off (Summon Night 2, Super Robot Taisen: OG 2).

This was definitively a great sale. Noticed something, though. I saw one sign at the store that said 75% off of select Xbox, GC, GBA, PS1, and _PS2_ games. Now, I'm guessing their out was the "select", but I found it odd. I'm itching for them to do this sale with PS2. I'll probably break the bank when that happens...

@anji2128:

I would definitely consider the hard drive mod. I don't remember the drive capacity on the stock HDD, though. 40GB? That's not bad, but you're gonna do a lot of swapping there. You could get between 5-10 games on that. I've personally got a 200GB HDD in mine, and rip whatever I'm playing to the HDD. Most stuff works, and it greatly improves load times, not to mention saves wear and tear on the laser.

Best example of load time improvement that I can think of off-hand is Suikoden V. Battles load insanely fast.

If anyone lives in South Florida, the FYE in miami beach which is closing down is now at 75% off the entire store minus new cd's and dvd's. They did have quite a few DS, xbox, ps2 and gamecube games. All other systems were pretty much picked clean.

bread's done
Back