75% off any game on OnLive – only full PlayPasses

Tried the coupon on Homefront and it showed up for $12.50. Probably should have got that - only lets you use the coupon once.

Amazing deal. Picked up Homefront for $12.50. Wish I could use it more than once though...

Bummed I didn't realize it only works once. Picked up Splinter Cell for 5 bucks but I would have gotten Brotherhood had I known. Still a great deal though.

[quote name='Mike211']how to buy onlive? need help[/QUOTE]

The service Onlive is free. Go to their site, sign up, and download the launcher (which is around 800kb). Launch the software and buy the game from the "Marketplace."

[quote name='Mike211']how to buy onlive? need help[/QUOTE]

Sign into onlive.com, set up your billing info (if you haven't already), then start the onlive client -- you have to be using the client to buy games(think there is a marketplace square on the right side of the main menu).

UPDATE - oops, what lbp said

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']It would be nice if Onlive gave you a steam activatable serial for Homefront (since it is a Steam activatable game otherwise).[/QUOTE]

So OnLive games can only be played through OnLive then right? I'd buy something too if I could put it on Steam.

man I'm torn between Metro 2033 and Homefront... Both are an incredible deal. I don't see Homefront getting to that cheap for at least 6 months and Metro for $5 is outlandishly cheap. Ugh.

Update: ended up getting Homefront. It's just a better overall deal... I can probably get Metro for $10-15 during some Gamefly or similar deal soon...

[quote name='nightmare452']Thanks Cheapy, bought Brotherhood. Great deal.[/QUOTE]

also bought Brotherhood and looking forward to trying it out
thanks again Cheapy :)

Thanks for the coupon. Picked up Homefront for $12.50. The service runs well without any disconnects so far and its pretty cool to play this on either a slow pc or fast one. Only a few complaints, mostly with the input and graphics lag during the single player. (to be expected with at least 10Mbps down, 1 up. Could be better in the future though)

Wait, you guys are "buying" games on Onlive? You can play them, streamed in nasty low res encoded form? Are PCs so expensive these days?

[quote name='Todd33']Wait, you guys are "buying" games on Onlive? You can play them, streamed in nasty low res encoded form? Are PCs so expensive these days?[/QUOTE]

Man, I was wondering when this guy would show up. Longer than expected. But I'll look into this if its still active

[quote name='Todd33']Wait, you guys are "buying" games on Onlive? You can play them, streamed in nasty low res encoded form? Are PCs so expensive these days?[/QUOTE]

Playing on a computer screen looks pretty bad. However, playing on a TV looks no different than playing on a PS3 or 360. I personally would never "buy" any full priced games from Onlive, but getting games to play for ~$5 is another story. I would love to see the service turn into an awesome rental service similar to gamefly in the future. They just need more games on the service first.

[quote name='SiMMENS']Did I read on the Steam forums that Homefront doesn't have Multiplayer with OnLive?[/QUOTE]

How would I know that?

...Of course it has multiplayer.

That's a pretty insane deal, almost considering picking up UT3 just so that I have a copy I can take around and play anywhere without downloading. Odd though, wouldn't it still need a CD-key as part of the game itself to work online? There's no way to view that key in-game to activate it on Steam?

Picked up AC: Brotherhood for $12.50 after discount. Also picked up UT3 on Friday for $5. I'm starting to dig this Onlive service!

Picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum for about $7.50. Been meaning to play this game for a long time. Now I see what all the fuss is about. Such an extremely fun and polished game.

bread's done
Back