75% off PC Titles at store.thq.com (7/16 - 7/20)

mbierden

CAG Veteran
http://store.thq.com - 75% off all PC titles exclusing preorder products:).

Includes:
Company of Heroes®
Company of Heroes®: Tales of Valor™
Company of Heroes®: Opposing Fronts™
Metro 2033
Red Faction®: Guerrilla™
Supreme Commander™
Supreme Commander™: Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander™ Gold Edition
Titan Quest™
Titan Quest™: Immortal Throne™
Titan Quest™ Gold Edition
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Chaos Rising
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II
Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® - Dark Crusade™
ETC

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to play multiplayer you're required to go through Steam anyways. I am unsure about your question though. It seems likely.

So upon getting my email (finally) telling me to go get my download of Company of Heroes Gold, I noticed that the downloader was actually marked as downloading Company of Heroes: ToV and not plain. So I guess their Gold package mistakenly contains the two expansions and not the original. So I guess just be careful that you check to see what it's giving you before buying CoH Gold and Tales of Valor because you might just need to buy Gold and the original. The screwup would save you $2.50 anyway.

[quote name='Eggman']So upon getting my email (finally) telling me to go get my download of Company of Heroes Gold, I noticed that the downloader was actually marked as downloading Company of Heroes: ToV and not plain. So I guess their Gold package mistakenly contains the two expansions and not the original. So I guess just be careful that you check to see what it's giving you before buying CoH Gold and Tales of Valor because you might just need to buy Gold and the original. The screwup would save you $2.50 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Company of Heroes only has a single installer for all of the different campaigns. Once you start the game you will need to create a Relic account and register your CD keys with it. You then will have access to the different campaigns depends on what you own.

Company of Heroes Gold contains the original game and Opposing Front. You will need to purchase Tales of Valor seperately.

[quote name='Walburga']
Strange, because on THQ's downloader, just the expansion is more than 7 GB to DL (and the expansion does require the base game, it's not a stand-alone expansion.. which would explain the size.)
--Walburga[/QUOTE]

Chaos Rising is actually stand alone with the original DOW II content locked. Thats what the short patch is for in case you already have DOW II or Chaos Rising. But if you don't thats what the large DL size is (Kinda like the older expansion DOW: Dark Crusade.)

Also, Windows achievements are included.

[quote name='lynesjc']If I register the two Warhammer titles with Steam, will I still be able to get the Games for Windows Live achievements?[/QUOTE]

Of course you will get LIVE achievements.

Any game that has GFWL and is bought from Steam or registerable through Steam will still require you to use GFWL Client at some point and grant you achievos.

[quote name='eastx']Same here 2 hours later.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever get your email, Eastx?

It's been about an hour and a half for me since I got Chaos Rising, still no email.

[quote name='Walburga']Ah, well I didn't order it until about 11:00 AM on the 17th (EDT)..

BTW: For those people who already had DoWII via Steam, and added Chaos Rising, did you have an extremely small download, also?

When I went to download Chaos Rising, Steam told me it was

Ok, for those of you that didn't get a Librarium wargear GFWL code when you bought Chaos Rising, try registering your game here. I already had a THQ account so maybe that's why they included a code with my order? That's the only reason I can think of, anyway you should be able to get a code from them using the info at that link. I remember doing so when CR was first released and got a code back then even though I just bought it during this sale. That original code worked so I don't need the new one they included with my order so here it is if anyone wants it: T4PMD-KPQ32-XHW9D-6YR7R-3CJHW.

Grrr... three hours and no email to download Chaos Rising. Just sent an email to customer service. Any other game I have bought online you get the download right after you place your order. This is craptacular in my opinion. I'm just glad I payed by credit card.

what blows about the digital d/l stuff is the inability to share a disk in a lan environment. My boys wanted to play against each other and with Steam offline (due to the fact it can only be logged on to a single computer), the local lan play is disabled as "it needs to authenticate to the server"

I have to say, in this day and age, for the purchase system to simply say "Thanks for your order, now wait." like it does (pretty much) is absolutely ridiculous. They could at the very least give you your order number on the same page (they don't) and explain "You will be recieving your CD-Key with your information in your order email within 24 hours" or whatever. They fact it takes more than a few minutes at ALL to get the information is also ridiculous. This Digital River thing sucks @ss.

By the way, if you keep getting your order rejected when you try to buy, check with your bank. Mine had Digital River blocked and I had to authorize it. When I asked them why, they said that they have had high fraud volume with them. *shrug*

[quote name='Rhett']Also, I DO NOT RECOMMEND SAINTS ROW 2![/QUOTE]
I thought they released a patch to fix the remaining errors. Can anyone confirm if the game runs well now?

Thanks OP, just bought Metro 2033. Probably would have bought another game or two if they could have been registered on steam. :twoguns:

[quote name='mentsrix']I keep getting:

"We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again."

When I try to pick up Dawn of War 2 although I already successfully bought Chaos Rising from them. Neither of my credit cards work... might be out of keys or trying to make me buy $5 EA digital download or something.[/QUOTE]

Getting the same thing on Metro 2033. :( If I have to call the bank to get them to authorize it it's not worth it for me. I'm sure Steam will put it on sale down the road.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I thought they released a patch to fix the remaining errors. Can anyone confirm if the game runs well now?[/QUOTE]

Saints Row 2 runs perfectly for me, have had it since the Christmas sale on Steam last year. Windows vista/9800GT

[quote name='Geello']Saints Row 2 runs perfectly for me, have had it since the Christmas sale on Steam last year. Windows vista/9800GT[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info - I almost bailed on the purchase because I wasn't sure if the game ran properly.

By the way, how's the framerate? Is it smoother than the consoles?

[quote name='L0sther0']What do you mean by registrar on steam. I know what steam is but what does registering the game do[/QUOTE]
You can use the unique product code and activate the game on Steam. This attaches the game itself to your Steam account like any other Steam-made purchase. Therefore, you'll get automatic updates and any additional features [if available] (For example: Steam Cloud, Achievements, Leaderboards, etc.).

[quote name='YEAHBUDDY']Chaos Rising is actually stand alone with the original DOW II content locked. Thats what the short patch is for in case you already have DOW II or Chaos Rising. But if you don't thats what the large DL size is (Kinda like the older expansion DOW: Dark Crusade.)

Also, Windows achievements are included.[/QUOTE]

Ah, OK.

I was under the impression that CR required DoWII - not that it was a (oxymoronic) 'stand-alone expansion'.

I can't make up my mind on biting on metro.

I have a 4830 so it seems I should be able to atleast make it playable. Dropping to DX9 if I have to, but I'd hate to spend money if it's going to waste. I used to do that alot and that's how I got so many games on steam lol.

I bit on Metro, I've read that keeping it around medium or so isn't too hard on the system and it still looks good.

Edit: I got around to playing it. Sofar on normal settings it runs pretty good. 1680x1050, and so far the game is pretty fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
how long did everyone wait to get their product key? i see my card has been charged already but still no code to my email... ordered well over an hour ago.

It has taken anywhere from 30 mins to a couple of hours for people to receive their confirmation email from thq/digital river. My order on Friday took almost 2 hours so I would not start panicing yet.

In for Company of Heroes Gold Edition. I was on the fence on the game, but 7.50 for that and the better reviewed expansion is too good to pass up! Thanks OP! :D

Holy crap, I played metro for about 3 hours today and it's pretty damn good. Running pretty good too, looks great aswell.

Not so much scary as bleak.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Thanks for the info - I almost bailed on the purchase because I wasn't sure if the game ran properly.

By the way, how's the framerate? Is it smoother than the consoles?
[/QUOTE]

Its a bit picky on the framerate. On the waters (Big problem on console versions) I had no problems with the framerate. (With my old machine, a 7900gs+Amd X2 5600+Vista 32. (Medium-Low))

Now on my new machine (Amd Phenom II 940+9600gt+Windows7 64-Bit) I had problems with the game running at 1.5X speed. I dont think there is/will be an official patch but some folks on the Steam Saints Row 2 forum have been working on it.

I picked up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for $5... It's like an early version of Fallout 3 that is really hard and not quite as fun. However, it's also $40 cheaper. :p

bread's done
Back