7600gt or 7900gs??

drewdeluxe

CAGiversary!
im about to pull the trigger on a new graphics card to update my 7300.. two deals ive got my eyes on just need help figuring out which is the better deal of the 2..

BFG 7600gt for $144 -$65rebate = $79 + $5 shipping + $10 tax = $90 AR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?ATT=14143049&CMP=AFC-SlickDeals&Item=N82E16814143049

XFX 7900 GS $189 -$40 rebate -$20 google = $130 +$14tax = $144 AR

http://www.buy.com/retail/Product.asp?sku=203471612&adid=17662&adid=17662&adid=17662

Is there a difference between BFG and XFX??

i have a 7900 gs and its fucking good..

i was thinking of getting a 7600gt as well but i got a 7900 gs at 130 which was a steal

bfg and xfx are just brands... bfg are popular because they come factory overclocked

[quote name='guyver2077']i have a 7900 gs and its fucking good..

i was thinking of getting a 7600gt as well but i got a 7900 gs at 130 which was a steal

bfg and xfx are just brands... bfg are popular because they come factory overclocked[/QUOTE]

Correct. BFG's come pre-overclocked from the factory and are thus usually a bit more expensive. However, they also do have lifetime warranties.

From what I've heard, XFX are good too. They've megacharged their warranties also, as they have a double lifetime warranty. This means you and, should it permit, the next owner will have warranties on the product as long as you own the product. Sweet deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150208

The 7900 has some great reviews on NewEgg.

If I were you I'd probably get this version because it has a slightly faster clock speed. Compared to BFG's equivalent, XFX has a better price.

I have an EVGA 7900 GS and it came with three games (Hitman BM, HL2 Episode 1, and Dark Messiah). And they have a pretty good warrenty and you can "trade up" your card within 90 days. Might check into their brand!

GF

i have a 7600gt and honestly i felt it was a better deal than spending an extra 50 bucks and getting a 7900gs....although i only play wow on the card

thanks.. i think im goin to hit that frys deal they have goin on..

evga 7900gs $189 - $70 rebate = $119 ar

Just kinda confused about what brands are better.. BFG/XFX/EVGA..

They're all pretty much the performance-wise... each company also releases different versions of the same card, with one being a little faster than the previous one. But most likely, you won't be seeing a huge difference in performance (maybe 3-4 fps).

It all comes down to warranty and customer service for when things go wrong IMO. I personally think that life-time warranties are worthless since you'll probably upgrade your GPU in a few years. Transferable warranties are great though when you go to resell it.

I honestly think that BFG is the best overall, eVGA usually gives you a better bang for the buck, and XFX is in between.

[quote name='gamefreak']I have an EVGA 7900 GS and it came with three games (Hitman BM, HL2 Episode 1, and Dark Messiah). And they have a pretty good warrenty and you can "trade up" your card within 90 days. Might check into their brand!

GF[/quote]

Now how does that "trade in" policy work?? If i get the eVGA 7900gs for $189 minus $70 rebate, will i get the full $189 credit for a trade in, or will i just get the $119 credit because of the rebate??

also where do i trade it in? at Frys or through eVGA??

You wanna upgrade from a 7300?

I'd just sit on your cash until the DX10 cards drop a bit. That'll be a worthwhile upgrade.

I got the BFG 7600 GT, and it runs great. Considering I paid $150 for mine ($30 rebate), this is a great deal. My copy also came with SiN Episode 1 free.

bread's done
Back