79.99 for a top-load NES!!???

Stick821

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was at a local game store, GameXchange, and saw they had one behind the counter on a shelf, I've always wanted one so I asked how much and he told me $79.99. I personally couldn't see paying that, but has anyone found them cheaper?

well I might have to go back and get it this week, it's just hard to justify spending that much money. This stores prices really aren't that great anyway, they were selling a used Donkey Kong 64 for $30. I guess I'll be debating with myself over the top-load.

You could always get lucky and find one at a thrift store or yard sale for $5-$10, but if you're looking in retail game shops, you're going to be paying anywhere from $50-$100 for the exact same thing. Do you really want to pay that much for an original top loader?

For a Nintendo branded top loading NES, that isn't too bad. The local mom 'n pop store around here was selling one for over $100. Then again they tend to overcharge for everything.

I'm still not sure which probably means that I'm not gonna buy it. Hopefully you're right and I'll find one in a yard sale or thrift store.

GameXchange is a franchise. I hate them, they wanted $140 for a used Xbox. The only good deal I ever saw there was a Jaguar with some games for $40.

-Cal

bread's done
Back